Reviews for Wild Turkey
kneon chapter 21 . 5/25
Great story.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 21 . 2/25
A fun story with good characters. So refreshing to see someone write Bella as a credible person.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 6 . 2/22
This Bella is so far my kind of girl with the reading, hunting, and fishing, though our taste in literature is quite different. Brad Thor, Jack Higgins, Daniel Silva, Ken Follett, are so much better than Austen or Bronte, lol.
I’m so glad that Alice came clean with them. Very proud of her doing it on her turf, with her therapist and her parents there with her. Supporting her. Very much liked the realism of her friends forgiving her but, saying they needed time to trust her again. Jasper sitting there silent and staring at the floor was so telling. I glad he stayed back and spoke with her. Even if it was nothing but yelling, it was needed. Would be very interesting to learn what Jasper said to Victoria. She paled, so that said she was frightened. Mr. Masen is an excellent teacher. He’s very good at seeing the truth and not the blame game. He deserves a bonus from the school for being so observant. Maybe Mr. Masen is a mind reading vampire acting as a hound teacher? hehehe
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 1/10
What a fantastic wrap up for this story. They’re all married and have babies. I was surprised that Edward went the pre-med route when he’d already decided he didn’t want to in high school. He wanted to be a marine biologist. Why didn’t he keep wanting that? It would make complete sense with them living on an island. Poor Bella not getting a job right away. Very realistic though, especially in teaching. Emmett surrounded by all girls was very funny. Hope Charlie’s taught Emmett how to use a shotgun properly, if those girls are half as pretty as their mom. I very much liked this story. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 1/10
Yay, you gave Charlie his Sue! I’m so happy that he’s getting another shot at happiness. It was wonderful of the Cullen's to help with the cost of the plane tickets for them to all go to Brazil. They all sure to have a bunch of fun. I’m glad Edward had the smarts to get Bella back to her bed, since she was pretty adamant of staying snuggled up to him. She got to hear Esme rip into Emmett for disobeying the rules. Again. Yikes! I liked that the gang has brought Seth into their fold. That was wonderful of them to do.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 1/10
I loved their Valentine's date. What a great spot he took her to. It sounded so romantic. Once again, Charlie rocks. His flicking the porch light and opening the front door, was funny. His smiling and laughing with her about it once she came inside was the best. Was Victoria in the car with Bella the whole time? How did she get to Bella’s house that quickly, unless she was? I’m so glad Bella maintained her brain through that attack. It really did come down to her wanting Edward, who would never want her in a million years. Even if Bella and Charlie never left Washington, she still wouldn’t have had a chance with Edward. That’s what I called her delusional. That really could have been so much worse than seven stitches. I’m slightly, a wee bit, surprised that Charlie didn’t call Renee but, I’m very glad he didn’t. He most likely didn’t, because she’s not been talking with Bella for months. That popcorn with the butter made me think about how we liked it drowned in butter too. Yummy. I’m glad the drama is over. At least I think it is.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 1/10
Or blackmail works on. I thought she was stronger than that. Drugs screw people up deeply. I’m glad her parents got her into therapy and rehab. Well if anything, she should go to Charlie and tell him what she did and why. That would get James locked up for dealing to minors. None of this makes any sense about Victoria and her obsession though.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 1/10
Okay, I may be in the minority here but, I don’t believe a thing I just read. I think that Alice saw something suspicious and is acting on her own to find out more. The only way to make it believable to the person she is suspicious of was to alienate her core of friends and break up with Jasper. It is not like the Alice you’ve created in this story to do a full left turn, no blinker, without a very good reason. I just fear that when she comes clean, nobody in her core will trust her again. I’m just so sad for Jasper.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 1/10
I can understand James not wanting to talk to the police, as most criminals hate the police. However, I find it odd that James is okay with 'his girl' carving 'mine' into Edward’s car door. Whoever it is, Victoria, he should be angered that she’s obsessing with Edward. Sending him gross sexual notes and carving 'mine' into his door. What man would want 'his girl' obsessing on another man? James the creepy guy would, that’s who. I liked that Charlie got Bella a new laptop. I hope she changed every last one of her passwords a very long time ago, when it was brought to her attention. Loved Edward’s gift to her, as it was so sweet. I especially liked that she loved it and didn’t put up a fuss. My best gift ever was from my husband. My KitchenAid stand mixer. I’d wanted one for a while and he got it for me about twenty years ago. Still using it these days. Oh and, we got engaged on Christmas so, my engagement ring.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 1/10
Your Charlie has to be one of my absolute favorites in this whole fandom. He’s so understanding and open. Smart and funny. I really like him. My husband and I knew by our third date, in as many days, that we were unconditionally and irrevocably in love with each other. That was twenty seven and a half years ago and were still going very strong. I still get butterflies around him. The whole reason I mentioned that? Bell and Edward loving each other this early into their relationship is completely possible and it really happens. I’m so happy for them.
I was waiting until the bottom to mention that I think it’s Victoria, not Tanya, the way things have been progressing. You beat me to it with the ending of the chapter though. Question though is why? Clearly she left that necklace at the swan’s house to set up Tanya. Or, it was lost by accident by Victoria. Not sure but, I know it’s her. Has she always wanted Edward and was living vicariously through Tanya? She probably set her up on spring break too. This may have been her plan all along, to make Edward break up with Tanya, so she can slip in. James wants Bella, we know that. I can see Victoria plotting with James to break these two up. Again, why? Maybe James is Jasper’s brother through that mother he never speaks to anymore? That would only make sense if it was Jasper that was being messed with, not Edward.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 1/10
I hope she remembers to let her dad know she found the diamond heart outside when cleaning up. She has to tell somebody else that she thinks Tanya is in cahoots with James. I mentioned I thought her baby was his and I bet it is and that is the number one reason she won't let her parents know that she's been screwing James. Unprotected, too. Hell, maybe that is the whole reason he is suddenly back in Wild Turkey. Maybe that is who she met on Spring Break with Victoria? That is the guy she's been seeing behind Edward's back. I bet she's going to be pissed when she learns that he has the hots for Bella. Nobody is that creepy without wanting their victim. I liked Bella and Edward's first date. Too bad the movie sucked that bad. They had a lovely day and a wonderful dinner, despite the waitress. Ending with ice cream and a stroll. Sounds wonderful. Loved the kisses in this chapter too. Yay! My first date with the hubby was dinner and a movie. It was a fun date.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 1/10
Well, I wonder what sort of damage James has done by getting into all of her accounts? What a skeez. She really has it coming at her from everywhere. She has Creepy James, Delusional Tanya and Icky Vicky. I know that Charlie can't get a warrant for James' house but, the threat he leveled on Bella to watch her back is harassment and I am quite sure he is still on probation. You don't come out of being locked up without being on probation of some sort. I am glad that Rose has a plan but, I do hope she is careful not to be expelled for whatever she's got planned. Just because Tanya is quiet lately, does not mean she is not planning something horrid for Bella. I do hope that all of this crap is over soon, as the drama is becoming so redundant. I hope their senior year is at least drama free.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 1/10
Well, I am thinking you want us to think it is Tanya messing with Bella's house and stealing her painting and laptop. However, I have not forgot about creepy James. I do not think that Tanya would touch any of Bella's things, let alone rummaged her drawers and take her blouse. Nope. That is something a creepy ass man-child would do. Especially the gutting of Bob. That was really sad, as he'd become a part of the story. I would hope that Charlie installed some cameras that will motion detect and start filming. In the middle of all the creepy, I wondered if James and Tanya are an item. An item that not even Vicky is aware of. It would explain why she won't say who the father is. And, it would explain why she was so cocky in threatening Bella. Delusional threats, as Edward would NEVER take Tanya back even if Bella moved away. Even the far fetched thought crossed my mind of Phil doing this to Bella. She has not heard from her mother in a very long time. Maybe he got pissed that Bella interfered with the wedding and Renee is dead, and Phil is looking at blaming Bella and taking her out as well? I did say it was far fetched.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 1/10
I am so happy for the outcome. I just knew he wasn't the father. However, her parents have money and I was worried they'd pay off the lab to have the results read that Edward was the father. You know, like the soap opera's of yesteryear were prone to do. I really loved that Esme laid into Tanya for trying to trick Edward the way she did. Go Esme. Also loved that she invited the Swan's over for Thanksgiving. They had such a good time together. It was wonderful to learn that Edward, once again, broke things off with Tanya well before Thanksgiving. That had to wound her and her plans. She deserves a bit of karma. I rather like that Bella and Edward are still very much attracted to one another. I very much like that she told him he will have to earn her trust again. She didn't let him off the hook easily, and that was refreshing. Still maintaining a strong friendship with him though. Very good.