Reviews for A Conversation In the Dark
Beawolf's Pen chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Aww, I love the father/daughter relationship between Irisa and Nolan.
Ecri chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
That was beautiful. You painted quite a picture of the fishing scene! You wrote Nolan perfectly! Keep writing.
Amy chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
That was beautiful I cried a little.
Lattelady chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
It doesn't matter about the information we have been given from the series after this was written. As a parent I can say that what you wrote was beautiful and spot on for feelings and reasons. So often our children try and second guess how we raised them. All we can do is work with the knowledge and love we have at the time and hope for the best. You expressed that and it is lovely.
Wolfa Moon chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
really nice
Rainpath chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Aw, I loved it! I really enjoy the relationship between Nolan and Irisa.
Cathy chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Othere then the fact that he killed her parents. You really did very well. Loved the story.
Chaosdragons4 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Interesting and sweet I like it for what it is but your right in the first epi. it tells you that Nolan killed her parents and whatever was going on she was happy about it.
aszecsei chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Schmaltz or no, it's adorable. Captures and continues the feels from the end of the episode. Hope you keep writing in the fandom!
HerRenegadeHeart chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Awwww, I really enjoyed this! I think your characterization was pretty spot on, though we haven't actually heard Irisa call Nolan "Dad" yet. However she did refer to him as "my father" in the beginning voice over of the pilot, so really it could just be something we haven't seen yet. She calls him Nolan in front of people, but I could see her using Dad when they're alone! Anyway, rambling, sorry!

I really wish this scene had happened in the show! The look on Nolan's face when Sukar sits next to her at the bar totally broke my heart. Even if the small bit of backstory you put in here turns out to be totally AU, it's still super adorable! Well done!
patricia51 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Absolutely nothing wrong with schmaltz as long as it's GOOD schmaltz and this is very good. I loved that last scene with them and how as soon as Nolan held her hand, even without waking, Irisa began to calm down from her nightmares. Like you I have my own ideas about their background together and yep, lol, probably turn out to be shot out of the water any day now. Still, that's fanfic. Good job.
power of slide chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
the last scenes made me tear up too! so touching! anyway i really enjoyed your work (i am obsessed with those two ahah)
TheAmazingDave chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
This is great!

I know its a new show with only a couple of episodes, but the relationship that Nolan and Irisa has is one of my favourite things about it!

Don't worry, it doesn't...read rushed. If that makes any sense.