Reviews for Harry Potter and the Responsible Adults
MuggleCreator chapter 3 . 10/13
So much is taken so seriously about dangers in some parts of the fandom that no-one pauses to think of what the results would be if the dangers were considered...
Arpad Hrunta chapter 3 . 10/13
This is *utterly* hilarious! It's not *completely* peril free, of course - there are always Events - but definitely less dangerous. This is a wonderfully imaginative story. Kudos!

The best joke in the whole thing is Madam Pomphrey telling Professor Snape (*this* version deserved to not just be called Snape) to slow down when he's running. They're *completely* responsible adults.

I've never thought Hogwarts would be a fun school to attend. *This* version of Hogwarts is one I'd sign up for in a minute.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 2 . 10/13
I'll do a more complete review at the end, but I had to laugh at "Elfin Safety"!
duj chapter 3 . 7/28
Enjoyable story. (But you know, if the adults had really been this sensible, there wouldn't have been a Dark Lord Voldemort. He'd have been counselled - and, if impossible to change, possibly institutionalised.)
Cordelia McGonagall chapter 3 . 11/21/2015
This is just perfect, a dry wit pointing out the base absurdity of the fantasy with droll, pithy jabs. I can't imagine what seven would bring, but I've no doubt you can.
1sunfun chapter 3 . 11/3/2015
P chapter 3 . 8/27/2014
Very safe and proper! Well, that's how they should have done it, I don't know what they were thinking. ;) Adorable and very funny read, I hope you'll write at least a little more. I'd love to know what happens instead of Triwizard Tournament (which won't take place, of course, because it would be simply irresponsible to put children through all those utterly unsafe tasks!).
Bad Mum chapter 3 . 7/28/2014
So beautifully responsible and dull! Poor Padfoot being threatened with the snip. And Vernon preaching acceptance of differences is sheer genius. Love it.
respitechristopher chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
What kind of a godfather would he be, indeed. This was such a fun read. I do hope you continue it, but I understand how it could be difficult to take the danger out of the other four books. But, my goodness. The amount of disbelief we've all suspended reading this series is incredible. Really enjoyed this.
respitechristopher chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
Poor basilisk. No muggleborns to slaughter, just rats to feed on. Must be a boring life.

I imagine Harry's going to have his full-on teenager rebellion thing in a bit, then?
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
This is brilliant. While my major complaint with the books was the lack of resolution (or even respite) for Harry, you've sent that ad absurdium and the counterpoint with this and canon is hysterical. Brava.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 7/26/2014
"A little snip"-yes, no wonder he ran!

I do hope whoever has to cover for Remus during his Bad Week gets extra pay-it would hardly be responsible to burden a teacher more than necessary for free.

"Collaborate" or experiment on? Only Snape knows for sure...

And Sirius will probably need a little more help to *stay* responsible. Say, a lithium dart gun...
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/26/2014
Ah, I see that the diary has been discovered, Gildylocks is not there, and that life proceeds amusingly (and that the Basilisk is still doing its job of destroying vermin).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Someone put Elavil in the Dursleys' water, and I for one would like to thank him or her.

As for Snape, did the Magical Outreach people rescue him, too? One would like to think so...

But I rather liked this first chapter.
littlebirds chapter 3 . 7/26/2014
""Slow down, Severus! You'll trip!" Madam Pomfrey called after him, but he was gone in a flash."

Not only are the adults responsible for the children, but for themselves and their co-workers, too. Which is How It Should Be.

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this chapter. Again, it is all perfectly sensible, and, most importantly, SAFE. *nods*

Oh, and funny. Very, very funny. I love all of Ron's anecdotes about his uncles' super-dooper fun Hogwarts days, and Sirius barely escaping 'the snip'. I'm still hoping you'll continue this all the way through book seven.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »