Reviews for Harry Tano
Karmic Acumen chapter 56 . 4/1/2016
I ended up enjoying the latter part of the story once I decided to just discard the first half :P Even though Harry ultimately didn't achieve anything except beating Draco's team and being constantly bested by Abraham who was years behind in training, Blademaster handwaving aside.

All told, the concept was nice.
Karmic Acumen chapter 33 . 4/1/2016
This is no butterfly effect, what you did in the past 3 chapters. It's actually railroading. There is no reason for Fudge's overreaction, considering how many other creatures/beings exist in the HP verse. They accept VAMPIRES, even if they're not welcomed. Remember the slug club?

Your events consist of the following:

-Ahsoka introducing herself to McGonnagall in the presence of only trustworthy people. This much was acceptable.
- Fudge calls through the Floo at that exact, same moment: this is a coincidence
- Ahsoka happens to be right in front of the Floo when this happens, hood down. This is also a coincidence
- Ahsoka's significance sense doesn't warn her of danger, despite the precognitive abilities she, harry and pretty much everyone else previously demonstrated
- A whole bunch of Aurors shows up at Hogwarts to arrest/capture the "demon" within a couple of minutes at MOST since Fudge's overreaction. This is internally inconsistent and impossible, given that just contacting Amelia and persuading her to follow up on his ravings would have taken at least as long by itself. If you want to claim that an emergency strike force was always at the ready due to Auror protocols, then they couldn't have been briefed on the nature of the assignment in that short span of time.
- Somehow, this overreaction allows Pureblood supremacists to instantly take over the magical world and plan the total "reorganisation" of the culture in a matter of days. Implausibly fast, especially since most of the characters come out of nowhere.
- Fudge somehow sets all of this in motion despite the status of Sirius black and his influence in the world. And despite the untouchability that Lucius described him as having in previous chapters.
- Somehow, the reputation Harry earned the Jedi for being competent knights of truth and justice seems to not figure in the concerns of anybody in the pureblood supremacist camp.
- Ditto for the articles in the Prophet: after all the stuff that happened with Sirius' wrongful incarceration and the corruption that allowed it, somehow the magical world is going forward / falling in line as if none of that happened.
- Dumbledore got worfed despite him being perfectly able to deal with a strike force in Canon, or at least escaping via Fawkes.

You say that this was always part of your plan so you can't be said to have screwed up the plot. Thing is, you went for a wham episode but instead railroaded events into a direction that NOTHING in the previous chapters lay foundation for. Suspension of disbelief has shattered. Butterfly effect was what you'd shown in the prior chapters. This is a clear case of forcing the story into a situation unsupported by almost any of the ripples you tried to show before.

I'll still be reading this because I can easily enough imagine chapter 31 being Chapter 1 of a completely different story. But even if I risk having this review taken as a flame, I figured that some constructive criticism was in order. I enjoyed and believed in the internal plausibility of the prior 30 chapters too much to stay silent on this.
user51s2r chapter 56 . 3/23/2016
Really fun story, very enjoyable!
user51s2r chapter 20 . 3/22/2016
The story progresses, and I am still binge reading! Loving it so far!
user51s2r chapter 16 . 3/22/2016
I am really enjoying this story. I have read a few Harry Potter cross into starwars, but not starwars into HP.

Very well written, immersive plots, great characterizations!
user51s2r chapter 5 . 3/22/2016
RIVETING, fascinating, KICKASSERY!

I love how this story is going!
desdendelle chapter 31 . 3/20/2016
I thought I'd read the whole fic, but, good god, man.

The Good:
-The plotbunny is really, really interesting.
-SPaG is pretty decent.

The Bad:
-Vernon Dursley is a Cartoon Villain with a C in evil, as opposed to just being an abusive asshole.
-The Black family is not a noble house. They call themselves "The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black" because they're haughty racists, not because they're actually nobility.
-Harry and Ahsoka have... some sort of bond? Which completely disappears in later chapters, too.
-Why the hell does Ahsoka train anybody in the Jedi ways if she left the Order because they betrayed her trust? Further, what the hell happened to the "avoid attachments at all costs" rule?
-What is the deal with noble houses? Wizards have no nobility. The're kinda like the Jews in that they have ancient and (sometimes, in some places) highly thought-of families or dynasties, but they have no lords or "scions" or whatnot. This whole "Lordship" thing is absolutely baseless and makes zero sense considering what we have about the Wizarding World.
-Tom Riddle Sr wasn't a nobleman, he was just a rich Muggle.
-Ravenclaw's common room is guarded by a brass eagle-shaped door-knocker, not a statue of a raven , and it never ever ever let anyone inside without answering the riddle (cf HPatDH where the door didn't open for Harry and Luna till Luna answered the riddle, nor did it open for Amycus Carrow till Professor McGonagall answered a second riddle).
-Owls, snowy or otherwise, don't "bark". A half a minute's search in Google would've showed that snowy owls go "ooh! ooh!". This kind of not doing the research is really, really lame because the answer's really damn easy to get.
-Misspelled names all over the place. It's "Pomona", not "Pomala" or "Ponama" - Professor Sprout is named after the Roman goddess of fruitful abundance; the name is derived from "pomum", Latin for "fruit".
-Gringotts has no branches, period.
-Moaning Myrtle shouldn't be blasé about being dead - hell, she's so sensitive about it that she ran off on Harry when he mentioned it!
-Harry and Hermione's Jedi abilities suck any and all conflict out of the story. Cf. the Troll: The Troll fight is an interesting fight in HPatPS because Harry, Ron and Hermione managed to defeat a creature several orders of magnitude above their pay-grade through determination and a lot of luck. It also has important consequences (Harry and Ron befriending Hermione, anybody) that its version in this story lacks.
-Related to that: where the hell are all of those lightsabers coming from? Kyber crystals aren't exactly common - in canon, they're only found on a select few planets, such as Lothal, Illum and possibly Utapau. Not to mention - a silver lightsaber? Seriously? Where the fluff did they get that sort of rare crystal from?
-Jedi Zen. Just, no. This is pepperjack.
-How the hell did Ahsoka have the know-how required to construct LAAT\i gunships on earth. She's a Padawan, not an engineer. It's like having a ground forces officer of middling rank know how to build a Chinook. It just doesn't make sense.
-The Wolfalorians. Just, no. Canderous Ordo would have an aneurysm hearing about those guys. The Mandalorians - the true Mandos, not the pacifistic guys - are /blood knights/. They won't bat an eyelash at shooting innocents.
-Why is there a portrait of Salazar Slytherin in the Chamber of Secrets instead of his (canonical) statue? Just, why?
-Related to that: why is he pissed off about Mouldymorte making Horcruxes? Why's he helping the good guys?
-Lumos does /not/ counter Avada Kedvara. Nothing does. That's the whole point. If it hits you and you don't get something like Lily Potter's sacrifice, you're dead. Gone. Kaput. By saying that you're annulling one of the most important parts of Lily's character.

I really wanted to like this story, but I just can't. The interesting premise just doesn't cover for the rest.
Guest chapter 8 . 3/9/2016
LEGO STARWARS (fav game omg) POWERUP purple light saber XD
Alcov chapter 57 . 3/7/2016
Love this. Wish there was a part of them joining the galactic scale
RHJunior chapter 19 . 3/7/2016
There must be both dark and light. I will do what I must to keep the balance, as the balance is what holds all life. There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish. There is passion, yet peace; serenity, yet emotion; chaos, yet order. I am a wielder of the flame; a champion of balance. I am a guardian of life. I am a Gray Jedi.

Gray order FTW.
RHJunior chapter 10 . 3/7/2016
And Sirius channels Donkey. LOL!
RHJunior chapter 9 . 3/7/2016
They changed it because American EDITORS and PUBLISHERS think that Americans are too ignorant. Which tells you everything you need to know about the old-school publishing establishment.
RHJunior chapter 8 . 3/7/2016
A lot of things featured in these stories are common fanon but TOTALLY not canon. Among them magical life-debts(at least not without seriously involved rituals and spells as demonstrated by Snape in the Deathly Hallows), Oaths sworn on one's magic (that's a Harry DRESDEN thing, what's it doing here?) binding of a wizard's magic(Why didn't they bind Hagrid's, or Sirius', or any of the Death Eaters or other residents of Azkaban, then?), and erasing uneducated wizards' memories (Too many squibs and magic aware muggles running around for that to be standard procedure. If it were, there would BE no squibs.)
RHJunior chapter 6 . 3/6/2016
I nearly peed myself at Sirius' line about the bachelor party. This is good stuff, even without the fascinating Star Wars twist.
Mylon chapter 57 . 3/3/2016
What a story, you did an amazing job with it. Some parts might not have been entirely to my taste but the overall story was good if not great. Many creative aspects which I have not seen before. I could comment on many things but by your preference I'll keep this short. (yes I normally write essay's as reviews, often hitting max char limit)
In the end all I can say is that I'm a bit sad that I reached the end, and would've loved to see one or more sequels. Both epilogue's could easily be used to expand to full stories.
Thank you for this great crossover and looking forward what you might write in the future. (for me personally I'm only interested in HP crossovers and specifically those who venture into Stargate or Starwars universes but you should of course write what you want, not what others want ;-)
2,252 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 .. Last Next »