Reviews for No Place Like Home
lilyjen09 chapter 14 . 7/24
Iread the summary of this and was intregued. I like that Dudley and Draco are able to realize they did/do have things in common. It seemed to happen rather fast though. :) I liked the Christmas chapters a lot, and Narcissa and Draco getting to talk a little.
Boredpplzzz chapter 14 . 6/24
Great story, thanks for writing !
Sue Clover chapter 13 . 3/11
That one was good. I really like the insight into Narcissa's character because even though she risked everything to find Draco at the end, she didn't really help him growing up. If she'd been there for him instead of being cold and distant, maybe he wouldn't have had such insecurities and Daddy issues that caused him to be such a jerk. Anyway, it was a really good scene/chapter, whatever.
Sue Clover chapter 10 . 3/8
"You could have perhaps chosen a less dramatic time to [let it all out]" says Dudley. Bit of an understatement. That whole baring your soul thing was a bit weird coming from Malfoy, and in front of Harry and Dudley and ALL of the Weasleys, but it wasn't terrible. And one thing that was bothering me was the whole looking down thing, because looking down when you don't want to look someone in the eye is a very submissive thing to do, when you could just as easily look to the side, and I didn't think it was a very Malfoy thing to do, but then I thought about it, and he's been living in terrified submission for the past year or more, with Voldy using his home as a base, and his father being in disgrace, he was in the power of Death Eaters and Voldemort, and Voldemort at least is definitely someone you would not want to look in the eye, and would want to act submissive around. It might be a learned behavior from that. That was a very long, run-on sentence, but oh, well.
Sue Clover chapter 9 . 3/8
I like this fic. I had just read something that pointed out how similar the Dursleys and the Malfoys were; they were polar opposites, the parallels of each other in their respective worlds, Dursleys hating magic and Malfoys hating muggles. So I went in search of a fic that had them meet and explored this, and most of the ones that I found were so silly and ridiculous that they were hardly worth reading. But this one, while some of the characterizations were a bit of a stretch at times, this one is plausible, and goes for deep, and character building, and actually makes sense. And it's exactly what I was looking for. And the characterizations, well, they have changed a lot as people since we saw them last, and I believe them both a lot more now that I've gotten used to them. Anyway, I thought I'd let you know you did a good job.
GuesssWho chapter 14 . 7/9/2014
Harry can be stupid sometimes.
Roxiblilly chapter 14 . 6/20/2014
Glad to have you back! Sweet chapter- it's nice to see Dudley and Draco happy!
ink and blue jays chapter 14 . 6/19/2014
Short so short chapter! But very satisfying nonetheless. Who's Dudley's girlfriend? And oh, I want more Astoria now. Apologize to her, Harry! Sorry for my somewhat random thoughts, I'm just so happy because you updated :) Just a side note, there was a little too much tell and too little show in this one. Needs just a little more detail, maybe, and not just Harry narrating everything in third person. Overall, though - excellent, still loving it, and really excited for the next chapter and where this is going :D
jadely31 chapter 14 . 6/19/2014
Great chapter. Not everything can be fixed and you portrayed that well. Harry still comes off as a big goof with a heart of gold. Thanks for finding time to update.
Dramione Bartowski-Hallwell chapter 14 . 6/19/2014
Aaawww that's a nice story
pico1989 chapter 13 . 6/12/2014
Your character interactions that Draco had with Ginny, Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Harry, and his mother are helping Draco realize that he can loosen up and be a different person without people thinking poorly of him. Now he can start building friendships.

Question. How you define a week? Looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/6/2014
I read this chapter quite a while ago, it's amazing so lovely to see the Malfoy family make up. In their own special way of corse. But you promised you'll update the next week! It's been nearly a month now I wonder how long your weeks are... But this isn't a troll just keep up all this amazing quality stuff and I'll be happy to wait.
Roxiblilly chapter 13 . 5/20/2014
Glad you're back! Great job at portraying the warmth of a Weasley Christmas
scherre chapter 13 . 5/12/2014
tears.
that was really lovely.
alyssialui chapter 10 . 5/11/2014
I never even thought about what Draco must have gone through after not being able to kill Dumbledore. Deep stuff.
Keep writing.