Reviews for For the Price of a Soul
BerRyy chapter 113 . 10/1
i enjoyed this ff. thank u so much for such a nice story. i loved ot when Draco's dead
English Major chapter 40 . 6/25
Excellent story so far! I love your Harry, slowly but surely turning towards the darkness. I am also very impressed with your ability to write in the present tense. Great characterization of not only Harry but your supporting characters as well.

You do need to look up the definition of 'bare' and 'bear'. You consistently use 'bare' when what you mean is 'bear'. You also occasionally use a possessive when what you mean is plural. Reviewing rules governing apostrophe use would benefit your writing. Overall, your grammar is excellent & I commend you on your command of the English language.

I am looking forward to seeing where you are taking us with your story. Thank you for your contribution to the world of Harry Potter Fan Fiction.
veiland chapter 1 . 4/28
I have never hated Dumbledore so much as I did in this chapter, when he put those magic suppression cuffs on Harry. I truly hated Dumbledore in that moment
StarfireKTreva801 chapter 28 . 10/27/2016
Eeeee! Excited! I've just found this story and have just finished chapter 28 with way more to go, but I just want to say before I went on to the next chapter, that it is so cool (and rare) to see asexuality (and all the other 'invisible' orientations too, but I'm ace so the ace representation is whats personally relevant) in any fan-fic, let alone such an amazingly written one as this. I can't wait to keep reading and see what you're going to do with this story.
Dimplz chapter 113 . 9/6/2016
Wow.

Okay story stuff aside, technically, this was a great work! I can count on my two fingers where I have read a 300,000 word story where the plot wasn't filled in places with boring fluff and filler. In fact, my husband who also reads HP fanfiction, just said to me tonight that he is reading a fic that was good for the first 35 chapters until it got to the end of the fic (plot-wise), and the end is still playing out 14 chapters later! You have a remarkable talent for pacing! Despite what anyone else says about this story's plot, the story was interesting from start to finish. Make no mistake about that!

Now, let's start with the good: The writing - superb. The characters - excellent. Even your use of the dreaded OCs were really good with the Assistant, the various Death Eaters, and Harry's year mates. The inclusion of Drarry - wonderful. Severitus - one of my favorite tropes. Pacing - top notch. Plot - riveting.

The bad: The constant heaviness of the plot including Harry's utterly miserable life. He never really had a meaningful relationship with Severus or a very healthy one with Draco.

The ugly: I think another reviewer summed it up beautifully. Harry spent the whole fic beat down physically and emotionally (which is okay in and of itself) BUT he never was able to rise above it; he was never able to have happiness for him and his loved ones and I agree that it felt like we as the reader got a bit cheated in the end.

Of course, I just started the sequel so maybe this ending was just a front for a happier tale for Harry ahead (a la The Empire Strikes Back). Or maybe not.

But regardless, I did very much enjoy the story and I look forward to reading more of your works.
Guest chapter 35 . 8/26/2016
I now so confused with this fic
Guest chapter 34 . 8/26/2016
my face
Guest chapter 20 . 8/26/2016
WOLFSTAR
Guest chapter 8 . 8/26/2016
Are you crazy?BRING HIM BACK TO HIS UNCLE AND AUNT'S HOUSE
suga and tea chapter 8 . 6/6/2016
I hate Dumbledore so much right now
Kris Senju chapter 113 . 4/21/2016
what what what your ending like this seriously seriously.
Kris Senju chapter 112 . 4/21/2016
nooo noooo nooo why why why
Kris Senju chapter 111 . 4/21/2016
oh my god oh my god oh my god. harrrryyyy
Kris Senju chapter 110 . 4/21/2016
ah fuck this is getting worse omg omg book
Kris Senju chapter 109 . 4/21/2016
omg harry. this getting worsr omg.