Reviews for Harry Hibiki and the Philosopher's Stone
ramunes chapter 15 . 11/15
i like the fact that you updated the life and times of harry hibiki so are you going to update the main story this is a really good story both are
*bobs head*
Just about anyone ever cursed would rather swap genders than turn into an animal. Particularly as most of the animals they turn into are inevitably small and not terribly dangerous compared to their human selves, and many of which are also considered food.
silvereagle2121 chapter 15 . 11/2
Hey this is a cool story and I am really enjoying reading it. Keep up the good work and update again soon.
Red Death chapter 7 . 10/30
There's no reason or excuse for using Japanese words in an English-language story. Not even simple ones like "baka" or "hai." The ONLY time it's acceptable to use words of another language is when the character in question starts SPEAKING another language, one that differs from the one the story is written in.

This story is set in Japan, starring Japanese characters, who are all speaking Japanese to one another, which is then magically translated into English for the reader (via the Power of Literature!). Why would Japanese words suddenly appear?

Adding non-English words to a story written in English does not add any value to the story; it doesn't add flavor, it doesn't add to the Japanese-esque setting, doesn't give it an exotic feel, and doesn't serve any real purpose except for the author to show off how badly they can misuse another language.

Here's a great example: the book (or the movie) the Three Musketeers. Takes place in France, the characters are French, and in the back of your mind you know that whilst the book (or movie) is presented in English that the characters themselves are communicating with one another in French. What sense would it make if suddenly the author had thrown French language words into their dialogue? None. We already know they're speaking French, so there's no reason whatsoever for the sudden appearance of words in a language other than the one the rest of the story is in.
Red Death chapter 6 . 10/30
The numbered footnotes: drop them. Seeing numbers suddenly appear in the middle of the narrative is a huge no-no. Explain at the end of the chapter if you must, but no numbers.
Red Death chapter 4 . 10/30
Noticed you keep misspelling "wander" incorrectly as "wonder."
Genuka chapter 15 . 10/19
DarkViolet7258 chapter 15 . 10/18
sweet chapter
Goeno chapter 15 . 10/16
Difdi chapter 15 . 10/4
I can just imagine Hagrid trying to use a regulation size whistle - he'd likely lose it, probably by swallowing it
ramunes chapter 15 . 9/24
i like this story a lot please more chapters
Branchkk chapter 15 . 9/16
Love the story! I've wondered if Hagrid has seen Mr. Green Turtle and his love of extreme monsters, dragons, cerebruses, ect. I just wondered if later Hagrid will be meeting Mr. Green Turtle introduced by Ms. Kuno. Would it be too cliche if it did happen, because Hagrid, gentle half-giant Hagrid is really awesome. Love, love the introduction of football and Hagrid working with the children, really cute/ great. Just an idea that I wanted to pass to you. Really Mr. Green Turtle and Hagrid meeting totally awesome meeting. Truly I don't see Ms. Kuno releasing without visiting as regularly to see her beloved pet and Hagrid as gamekeeper not noticing.
bkerrmom1 chapter 15 . 9/15
I truly am looking forward to the next chapter.
bkerrmom1 chapter 14 . 9/15
Brilliant story and wonderful chapter. I used to be a crossover snob but my son told me I didn't know what I was missing... he was right! Now I am really hooked on them. I have not watched Ranma 1/2 in years but now I am looking to get a DVD set to show the grandkids.
FreeAllFrogs chapter 10 . 9/14
So often Dumbledore is described as not "bad" or "evil" then in practically the same sentence go on add descriptions that if true would make Dumbledore both "bad" and "evil". How odd. What you do not your excuses are is what your are. If your excuses counted on good vs evil then the Nazis would be "good" not "evil". They had lots of excuses for their evil.
Dumbledore and his lover Gellert Grindelwald both used the Greater Good as justification for their actions. That should give you a hint to the real Dumbledore.