Reviews for All I Got Was a Crappy T-Shirt?
TJ Carlson chapter 5 . 8/5/2015
Really enjoying. Are you going to update?
Guest chapter 5 . 6/25/2015
You are kind of messed up. I can't understand a story where Dom abandons letty and then shows up with no apology, no I love you, just a "I own you-you are mine". WTF?! And him using sex as a weapon is creepy as hell.

What were you thinking?
Dramamomma19 chapter 5 . 12/19/2014
I really love this story.
Narutofangirl45 chapter 5 . 11/18/2014
I think you should update this story.
Narutofangirl45 chapter 3 . 11/18/2014
They got some kind of romance and I love every bit of it.
Narutofangirl45 chapter 2 . 11/18/2014
I love how dysfunctional they are.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/6/2014
Both Dom and Leon are inexplicably blasé about Letty's feelings here. They are treating her like that same little girl throwing a tantrum rather than the adult she is.

Dom barely has to stew in his worry that she has left him. He nearly immediately finds out that she's just screwing with him. He should have suffered way longer. Worried and wondering if she's ever coming back. (Just like she did...)

But of course, instead of some empathy and insight into what he put Letty through, instead he is immediately angry with her "I'm gonna kill her", he muttered.

"She's Letty, and she's pissed that you left her", Leon pointed out. "Weren't you expecting this?"
She's "pissed" Leon? She has every right to be! Teenagers gets pissed. Letty is a grown woman who was reply hurt by the man she loved, the man she thought loved her back.

"Point taken", Dom admitted. "I just didn't think she'd be so bitchy after she got a few punches in."
Really Dom?! You thought you could abandon the woman who was loyal to you through thick and thin for years and just show up with no explanation or apology and that things would be fine?! He doesn't deserve Letty.

"Yeah, well now so am I. So, we're gonna have it out. [YES! They should have it out because Letty deserves to rip into him for what he did to her and he should have to demonstrate some remorse and some level that he understands that he fucked up!]
Guest chapter 4 . 6/6/2014
The opening part nod this chapter was fantastically good (and hilarious to watch Dom wake up alone with a pile of cash in the dresser-just like when he left her). I laughed or loud! I just wish Dom had been forced to deal with the fact that she actually left him for good. To feel that sense for more than a few minutes (like Letty had to).

And finally, after three chapters, we get our first inkling that Dom has a clue that he messed up.
"This is mostly my fault", Dom acknowledged quietly. "Anything you need me to do, say the word."
This is WAY more insight than he has shown Letty the whole time. But he does not expand on this. He needs to know why it is his fault and more importantly to tell Letty this and to beg her forgiveness.

Dom to another visual inventory of the room and glared at the cash. Letty's version of a 'fuck you', he decided aggravatedly.

Yep! And Dom sure as hell deserves a big "fuck you"! He continues to be a possessive and controlling ass:

She was his woman, and he loved her [PS he has not expressed to her that he loves her, at all] would do anything for her [except stay with her] but she was also his best friend. And when he found her again, he was going to kick her ass.

So he has admitted to himself (and no one else) that he loves her and she's his best friend. But still hasn't told her that.
Guest chapter 3 . 6/6/2014
Why hasn't Dom matured more? In the year or more that he's had to deal with Letty being gone. He's sitting in her bed, drunk and brooding? ( I actually can't believe that Dom let Letty out of his sight.). As Letty points out "She knew he was usually quite unreasonable when he was brooding and drunk." He should NOT be unreasonable when they finally talk. These are serious issues they have to discuss.

They still haven't talked and already he is drunk?! If he had not been drunk, this could have the the honest heart to heart that Letty deserved.

"Where the hell have you been, Letty?" he repeated quietly.
"I mean for the past year. What the fuck are you doing, Let?"
"You can't avoid me forever, Letty", he said finally.

"I couldn't do it anymore, Dominic", "I can't go back. We can't go back to the way things were. I don't know what to do."

This *would* have been the perfect place for Dom to learn about what he put her through by leaving her, how much he hurt her, so much so that she's now not willing to let him back in because he will hurt her again... Sigh. But no, Dom is too drunk to man up here.

Letty went to the hall closet and pulled out a thin blanket and draped it over him, not able to completely bury the smile twitching at her mouth. She fought with the urge to touch him - she hadn't since she had punched him in the jaw earlier. Letty forced herself to settle with swiping a thumb over the lines at his brow, secure in knowing he was out for the count. She pulled back quickly anyhow, not wanting to chance being caught. She had that kind of luck. Letty went to her bedroom and made sure to turn the lock before climbing into bed, pointedly trying to ignore the fact that the love of her life was in the next room, and that her bed smelled like him.

Even when they weren't dating, Dominic had always been her best friend – even if they had been through a lot of rough patches. She wondered if he would still like the person she had become. Letty wasn't sure she wanted to find out. Morning was going to suck.

A few hours later, Letty slipped back into the apartment. The couch was empty, but she found Dom sleeping on her bed. She scowled briefly, but remembered the part of her that felt hollow without him. She turned off the thinking part of her brain and shut the bedroom door, heading towards the bed.

Dom studied her from a distance for a few minutes, wondering when she had changed her clothes, and why the hell she was letting another man paw at her like that.

And where does Dom get off being so freaking possessive of a woman he left two years ago? Did he expect that she should not move on when he left her? While he was no doubt with many women since he left her (after all throughout the movies she was always finding him with other girls-like in the DR).

And when he meets Christophe, Dom says "I'm the boyfriend."

Again, IS. HE. KIDDING?! How does Dom think he's the boyfriend? I can't figure out if he's oblivious to the fact that by leaving her he effectively broke them up OR whether he's just being an arrogant asshole who thinks that he can just come back and force her to be his girlfriend now.

Dom is controlling and possessive!

He gave her a feral grin. "I told you to stay in bed." WTF?!

"Whatever you're doing with that guy is fucking done. As of right now."

"I'm not playing, Letty. You're mine, and you know it."

Who the hell does he think he is?! Hess she his when he chose to throw her away? Is she his you that he can pick up and throw away whenever he feels like it?! He hasn't made one single overture to her about getting back together (he hasn't even acknowledged that they were apart) nor letting her know he loves her.

But Letty's verbal responses were great!
"It's been so long since you've even asked what I wanted… you can't possibly know."

"I'm saying I can make my own decisions. And you need to butt the hell out of it."

YAY LETTY! But then you go and have her totally give in to him when he's acting like a cocky asshole. Are you f!cking kidding me?! And he is still thinking about controlling her and teaching her a lesson (really?! SHEs the one who needs to learn a lesson?!) while they are having sex.

"On what fucking planet do you really think that's going to happen?" he snarled challengingly.

"You know just as well as I do, that's always gonna come down to you and me."

Again-how dare he say that it is down to her and him when he broke their entire relationship after years of being together.

He has made zero attempts at explaining himself to her, there is no evidence that after he left her that he had any plan to get back together with her after leaving her (he didn't stay in contact or even leave her a note). He doesn't apologize. He doesn't even seem to think or acknowledge that he did anything wrong. And he says that she is his , but never says he loves her and notably never says that HE is HERS.

Is this Dom the evil twin of the Dom In your other piece?!
Guest chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
Dom is very pejorative here. Treating Letty like a little girl throwing a tantrum rather than a mature woman who was deeply hurt by his actions. Letty deserves better!

Dominic eyed her in "irritated amusement"?! Yeah it's pretty funny that he abandoned her in he middle of the night like a coward and now she's pissed at him. That he treated this woman who stuck by him through thick and thin, through his flirting and cheating, through his bad choices (like the heists which almost got her and Vince killed) like she didn't matter, like she didn't deserve to have an opinion?!

instead of being elated to see her alive and immediately telling her that he loves her, he misses her, and that he was devastated when he thought she was dead, he's griping at her and asking for explanations...?

It is also hilarious (and ironic) that Dom is questioning the legality of her jobs when all he can ever seem to so is break the law...

(I absolutely LOVE YOU for this!)

"You up and left my ass without as much as a note. Left that necklace on a stack of cash which was as good as you telling me to cut my losses and move on – it was the nicest 'fuck you' I've ever gotten. I went home to L.A. – Mia all alone in that house… it was wrong, Dominic. I kept an eye open and eventually found Brian. I started looking for a way to bring you back home so we could have a life together without all the bullshit. Clearly, things went south and didn't pan out. I didn't even know where the hell you even were; much less have time to track your sorry ass down.

AMEN SISTER!

So I got the hell outta dodge. I decided to make a new life for myself. I did what I had to do. I don't need you to lecture me. So, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your self-righteous bullshit and shove it."

***********
This bit right above is the crux of the story for me. HE left HER, and after she couldn't get him back (and notably he apparently made no effort to get HER back) she decided to move on with her life. Yes! Why should she have to wait indefinitely for a man who hurt her, disrespected her, and left her with no plan to get back together? She finally realized that Dom wasn't willing to make a life with her, so she moved on. He NEEDS to understand this! And he does not seem to...at all. Nor does he even try to explain...is she not even worth the effort?
************

And then Letty asks him "What the hell are you doing here, Dom?"
And instead of telling her that he's here for her, because he loves her and can't live without her, he makes it sound like he's there because she's in deep shit and he's here to rescue her from herself. She has been taking care of herself for years now (largely because he has forced her to do so). What makes him think she needs or wants his help?

"I just figured you might want someone you could trust for sure to have your back", he said seriously.

Is he kidding here? How can he think she would trust him after HE broke her trust so fundamentally? And again-he has not even *attempted* to apologize to her.

Dom is a massive hypocrite here too. Despite he fact that Letty disagreed with him stealing electronics (movie 1) she fully supported him, was loyal to the end and followed him even after she told him not to do it! She was almost killed for her choice in supporting him! But he could not be as loyal to her, could he?

Dom:
" you think I don't have the right to an opinion?!"
Thats right, Dom- you gave up your right to having an opinion when you left her in the DR. Just like you took away her right to have an opinion on what happens in her life when you left her. Doesn't feel so good, does it, to when someone else cuts you out of their life...

Is he really that clueless?!

This part below was some of my favorite. I think it's where he starts to realize how broken he made things..."Even when they were kids, she had been so controlled and closed off. It took him years to get under all of those walls. And for a long time, he was one of the few who got to see her with her guard down. He hated when she froze him out."

He deserves to be frozen out. He betrayed her trust in the deepest way-made even worse when you realize how hard he worked to earn it in her first place! (Ps. This would be a great place to out some flashbacks...)

"Not catering to you, Dom. You haven't earned it", NO HE HAS NOT!
"Not much left of whatever you're looking for anyway." WHAT IS HE LOOKING FOR? SHE DOESNT KKOW BECAUSE HE HASNT TOLD HER ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT LOVING HER, WANTING HER...NOTHING!

He studied her face. She was older, thinner – rougher around the edges, if that was even possible. He had done this to her. His fiery woman had turned to ice without him. The barest flicker of her old self had been right before her fist swung at him. Her eyes held no cache of secrets that used to tempt him to pull out of her. He only hoped that they had just been buried and not completely destroyed.

This part was SO amazingly written! You have a gift for getting in to there deeper emotions through physical description. I just can't figure out why this version of Dom is such an unapologetic ass...

Where is the more mature Dom of some of your other stories? (An end and a beginning )? This one is angry and domineering and possessive and is pushing his will on Letty the same way he did in the past! He left her because that's what he wanted to do and now he expects her to just take him back because that's what he wants to do. Is this the "dom gets everything he wants" story?

He makes it throughout the ENTIRE chapter without once telling her that HE loves her, or missed her. The closest he came was "Do you have any goddamn idea what we went through? We're your family! We didn't get over that lightly, sweetheart."

Nothing about HIM, but about "we, the family," missed her. And this is supposedly the love of his life?!

She softened slightly. "I am sorry about that."

Ok, so LETTY has apologized... How about Dom?! Still no apology.

Seriously! I can't believe he made it through the entire chapter, finding the woman he "loves" back from the dead and he can't be bothered to tell her he loves her?! Wow. And he has ZERO apology for her?! I want a little more of the Dom from your other story (end and a beginning). The one who actually loves and cares about Letty, who is willing to apologize because he knows what he did was wrong. That Dom was amazing and this Dom can become him...with some personal growth. What has this Dom been doing for the last couple years? He seems exactly his same, arrogant self...
Guest chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
Why write it so that Letty's life has to "crumble" because Dom is back?
His life clearly didn't crumble without her...
Guest chapter 2 . 6/6/2014
Why isn't Dom more excited or in shock that Letty is alive?! This is the woman he (supposedly) loves and he thought she was *dead*. He seems surprisingly unmoved by it.

Also since when is keno his friend anymore. After Dom screwed up in movie 1, Leon basically left them all and now he's all: "Come on in, brother",

Dom saying. "When isn't she pissed? Spit-fire and claws, man; that's eighty percent of her personality", he laughed under his breath-makes him sound like an ass. Like what he did to her by leaving her was no but deal. Like she should be just as pissed at this as when they got in arguments as teenagers. Dom leaving Letty was a HUGE deal! He should act like it is!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Can't wait to read how you differ from the movies. From this part it seems that everything is the same up to where Dom left Letty in the DR and she worked with the FBI to get him back, went undercover and ended up "dead". Not sure about memory loss. Not sure if Dom loved on to make a life with Elena.

Love that Letty has moved on with her life (and Leon is back!)
:-). Fantastic start!
Guest chapter 5 . 6/6/2014
This was such a great start! Such emotions! I wish you would keep writing! Please!

I have to admit that Dom's being an ass here. Acting like he can't understand why Letty is angry after he walked out on her. But in this chapter we finally get a little insight from him when he says:

"I think I already broke us, and you don't want to feel that", he murmured, pressing his forehead to hers.

Yeah, Dom. YOU broke them and now you just expect Letty to just move on with you like nothing has happened?

And Dom says:
"No, but I remember when you used to trust us enough to let me be part of you. Letty, what happened to that?"

How can he ask that with a straight face? I was expecting Letty to throw it back at him that she can't that him because he's proven to her that she cannot trust him. Is he serious? "I left you in the middle of how night, after telling you we'd be together forever, and you had to love a crazy and dangerous life, but now I'm back and I can't understand why you don't trust me or want me back..."?!

I hate that Dom is trying to "win" her back with sex, and by telling her that she's his possession. And I hope that Letty doesn't let him in without him really and truly apologizing. He acts like he owns her but he was the one to leave her. How exactly has he changed now? what's to stop him from leaving her again? hurting her again? unless he admits that what he did was wrong. . .

I think she should stop having sexy with him. Or better still she should continue to have sex with him but to keep her emotional distance, not letting him in until he starts showing her that he has actually changed, that he regrets what he did, that he is a different person who wouldn't do that to her again, and that it is her CHOICE to give him another chance (not his).

Imaging Dom faxed wih a problem he can't just solve with possessiveness and sex! He may have to have some Empathy and out himself in her shoes when he left her.

Yeah! Please write more!