Reviews for Note to Self
EagleJarl chapter 1 . 2/27
Well, that explains a lot. Explains a lot which the books just required us to swallow in one big nasty lump of no-gorram-way. Maybe you should send this to JKR so she can slip it into the Director's Cut when she decides, like Lucas, than three bazillion dollars isn't enough and she needs to milk her fans of a little more.

In a way, you almost have to feel sorry for Lockhart. Not a lot, sure. But a little-it would be awful to be that much of a loser.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 1 . 2/3
Wow...that's quite brilliant actually. And a hilariously stupid place to pick a job without dangerous events at least once a year.
FashionablyHospitable chapter 1 . 1/4
Well, that turned out well.

Also, cool. A Worm fan.
Unidentified chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
That's terrible. And awesome.
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
That's... that's genius! Oh, man, you write a really interesting Lockhart. Thanks!
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Nice spin on a more realistic Lockhart. Too bad Rowling had such unbelievable, adult NPC's. This would have made a great, ironic addition to canon.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Falls over laughing. This is brilliant!
Publicola chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Very clever. I have a Lockhart-centric fic of my own, though he has an entirely different personality than this one. I still enjoyed your short story immensely.
Jiopaba chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Even if he's an incredible fake and a pretty bad person, this story makes me sort of want to give Gilderoy a hug. I mean, jeez...

That's just painful.
Charlesnaismith chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Fun idea!
Random number generator chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Why this is not marked as complete?

Brilliant idea, perfect for oneshot.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
This makes sense. I both now feel very sorry for him (considering how he ended up) and want to smack him even more than when I read the actual book.
Oh I am Slain chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
uner
under

Excellent possible backstory, quite fun to read.
UNSecur chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Well written.
Laconeko chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
"Safest place in Britain." That should be a meme, considering...
I never thought about how easy it would have been for Dumbledore (or Snape etc) to see through Gilderoys sham. I suspect some fics use Gilderoy to show the headmasters incompetency early on, and there's hardly a dearth of potential competent DADA teachers out there.