Reviews for The Archaeologist's Assistant
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 28 . 7/5/2016
Oh my. Marina is pregnant! And it could be Jonathan's!

Pyrrah is going to be getting to work on dig sites now, seems like...

But it's Meela! I sense much danger.

I'm worried.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 27 . 7/5/2016
Oooh, Beni is going to come back and cause trouble for Pyrrah (and everyone else).

Boo! Ardeth a d Pyrrah are parting ways! I'm unsure for how long.

So, Beni didn't leave gold on the animals they're leaving with? I thought they'd still get some gold that way... but it's okay either way.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 26 . 7/4/2016
Oh my. They're kissing!

I can't shake the feeling they might not get a happy ending overall and it makes me sad. Can you tell me that? I don't know. I dislike the idea of tgem finding eavh other again, even if she can't remember their childhood, just to be torn apart again. Ah, I don't know what your end goal is... but for now I definitely want to read what's next.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 25 . 7/4/2016
Pyrrah is amazing. I'm glad she noticed Beni's gun. I'm not sure he would've used it on her. I guess you're going to have him live through this part where be died in the movie? Definitely wondering your plans for him. I think he still needs to get his comeuppance...

I always wondered how Ardeth survived but was glad he did. I read that he was meant to die but that was changed. I think it's a shame more about him isn't explored in the movies. I know there was a spin off animation but never watched it. I never read the book versions of the movies either. I wonder what those things might expand on, if anything.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 24 . 7/4/2016
Aloli had become embittered towards the Med-jai life after her father was killed. I had to read that part again. And even more bitter, I imagine, after her husband is murdered, her other children dead, the other wives of her husband, some of her husband's other children. That is a lot of tragedy to live through...

Hm, see, Beni is definitely wrong. They may both know what it's like to live on the streets but Pyrrah is loyal, and brave.

Very, very good chapter. It is definitely good to read the one shot chapter that goes with this first.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 23 . 7/4/2016
Oh no. Who? Beni? The Mummy?
Ardeth being sweet again. His soft side. But he has found his childhood friend again. It's sad he began to believe she had died afterall. Why, though, did her mother come to dislike the Med-jai so much she left her daughter to the streets?
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 22 . 7/4/2016
Hmm...
So, I wonder what this revelation will mean for Pyrrah.
I mentioned before I peaked ahead. That was in the third story... but I want to read how/why it gets to THAT! I hope for a happy ending, like Pyrrah does with The Great Gatsby... but I hope I am not disappointed like she will be. Because I know Gatsby doesn't end well, though I've neither read it, or watched it.

I was going to comment that despite it being accepted, and normal in the culture/religion, I guess, for multiple wives, Ardeth somehow doesn't strike me as one who would want more than one wife. And Pyrrah doesn't seem a woman who would want to share her husband/partner.

Is history to repeat in some way regarding Pyrrah snd Ardeth, comparing to the fate of her mother and father? And some of her siblings are likely still alive, yes?

I am wondering what you're planning for future of the story, and having had the weird peak ahead I am concerned...

But as of now I am curious to continue reading to see how it gets to that point. I also hope you will finish the stories you plan to tell with Ardeth and Pyrrah. And all the rest.

Do you think the third part will be the final one of it you'll write?
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 21 . 7/4/2016
Jonathan needs to stop interrupting! Lol
Aww, Ardeth helping her is sweet. But wee funny the remark that Ardeth has grown accustomed to pulling her from danger by her wrists.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 20 . 7/4/2016
Jonathan kissed her! What madness. I expected Ardeth to be there witnessing it. Jonathan trying to protect her in a backwards kind of way.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 19 . 7/4/2016
Jonathan has a fierce side, indeed! That's great. Very good chapter.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 18 . 7/4/2016
Marina might be more likable now. She's kind of wayward.

Definitely dislike Beni more now. He slapped her! I know she slapped him, but he was being handsy.

Very curious how this will play out.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 17 . 7/4/2016
Whhhhhaattt? Daughter of a chieftain? Whoa!
But... why hasn't she been living with the tribes? Was she there when she was younger? How does the chieftain thing work then? If not inherited from father to son? The Med-jai hierarchy is unclear to me... perhaps something to explore more later?

Ardeth being gentle and concerned is so nice!

This chapter is great. Very different and makes progress with Pyrrah and Ardeth.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 16 . 7/4/2016
You did well with cutting out some of the movie dialogue. I can understand why that's hard to accomplish when you're following along with the plot.

Well, even Ardeth thinks Pyrrah and Jonathan are together! But, ge should know otherwise now. At least know they aren't married. I can definitely understand why people think it's not just platonic.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 15 . 7/4/2016
I like how you didn't have Pyrrah stuck in the room with Evie, following along to movie. You gave her something different to do. It's good.
DoctorGiggelstheMouse chapter 14 . 7/4/2016
Hmm... I wonder when we'll see better moments between Pyrrah and Ardeth. Soon, I hope.
I am very curious why he seems familiar to her.