Reviews for Transcendent Humanity
RedViking96 chapter 6 . 9h
That...that is both cute and hilarious well done
jamestheweesel chapter 18 . 7/26
even if you dont finish this story entirely i would love it if you continued it until the baterians got their asses handed to them.
jamestheweesel chapter 14 . 7/26
amazing chapter title and i like how you are doing this story.
jamestheweesel chapter 1 . 7/25
this is amazing
randomreader chapter 18 . 7/23
I absolutely adore the Eclipse Phase influences in this fic, but you manage to have a just as interesting concept in your story that EP has yet to introduce without the baggage of a million years of lore hanging on everything. Eclipse Phase deals mostly with an isolated humanity that dabbles in AI to the point where AI gain sentient rights and are assigned jobs and live productive lives, and then spirals out from there. You take something like that but focus specifically on digitizing human consciousness and given the premium placed on living space in Sol sector, one can understand how digital existence could come to be so important to humans. But I really like the idea of the Voice, the consensus of humanity reached by pure democracy as information is filtered down through society and people debate until mere hours later a choice is reached. It makes sense that only now the Voice would really begin to manifest itself more frequently. And you imply it is also manifesting into something like a collective consciousness, which makes it even more interesting. But it makes sense because Humanity as a whole has rarely needed to explain itself to a human, but when faced with alien races Humanity as a whole will be faced with a number of problems that require consensus and thus the Voice.

There is not much I dont like about this story, it plods along at a decent pace skipping months or even years? at a time to skip through political wrangling and infighting to the actual end results. I only wish the chapters were longer. 9/10 and will be 10/10 whenever you finish the first arc of this clearly going to be long story

If you somehow some way are NOT familiar with the material I mentioned, Eclipse Phase, just download it. its free on their main website. Its a table top game system like D&D which I've never played but I really respect the level of detail they put into the game world-setting. It could even be said to be too detailed
zZzZz1337 chapter 1 . 7/4
I simultaneously love and hate humanity here. And i don't know either it was author's intention for me to feel this way or it's result of my poor understanding of the world in general.
"Humans don't see limitations, they see challenges. They don't see the impossible, they just see what hasn't been done yet." The Mad Mad Reviewer, i happened to agree with this quote, and hence have a question - why humanity looks like it intentionally holding itself back?
MerryKitten chapter 18 . 7/3
Sweet, mercyful cliffhanger Gods I beseech thee as thy humble servant! Let it continue!
Clairent chapter 18 . 7/2
Damn, this is a great fic. I'm a fan sci-fi, and you really write this fic perfectly. You should consider being a sci-fi writer. I like how you make an entirely new original story just from the basic of Mass Effect. Impressive.

I still can't understand what 'Singularity' is, in this fic. If i'm not mistaken, Singularity is the center of the blackhole. Oh and another note, i'd like to see humans implement blackhole in their technology. As you know, blackhole is still a mystery, even in Mass Effect universe because they absorb light, and not emit it. Basically, they can't be seen because there's no light for us to see it. The only thing we can is observe its influence. For humans to have the abillity to actually see and study what makes blackhole ticks and implement it to their owm technology, would be reallu really incredible. Same with the dark matter and dark energy which consist roughly 90% of the universe, if i'm not mistaken.

And of course, it would be amazing to if human can create their own relay, like the Protheans did. I suggest using wormholes to create some-kind of 'relay' to travel to another star system that we like, because mass relay usually have already a destination set. There's still a whole unknown out there.

I'm still a bit confused with Cerberus, i guess. Are they the same as Solar Council? Or just a military branch of a Solar Council? I think my question will be answered soon, because Cerberus already come out haha. I thought Cerberus would be the humanity's 'spectre' in this story. A group with no official ties to Humanity or Council but still must have to answer to the council.

And of course... ah, okay. I won't bother you again. I already wasted your time enougj with this long review. Honestly, there's so much things i want to say about this amazing fic, but i won't bother.

Keep doing what you love!
Phantomslap chapter 18 . 6/26
Nice fic.
Hello, boring anonymous reviewer with no writing talent here, love your work, please continue to write
YungMoolah chapter 18 . 6/17
Really great fanfic so far :D can't wait for the next update
Ooooh, now I'm Really curious about what's going to happen. You've made a very interesting and unique Humanity from the others I have seen so far.
That... Is ingenious and ridiculous all at the same time.
Most powerful pop-up ad in existence.
Ash Lee Brodford chapter 18 . 6/13
Omg this is GLORIOUS! Can't wait for more! Thanks for sharing this story with us!
1,812 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »