Reviews for Flail
Beawild chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Chakotay and Tom? Wow, just wow. I have read several of your stories. You write very well.
PiOneOneZero chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
Well this is my first "dip of the toe" into reading this pairing too and I have to say you've left me hungry for more. Oozes angst which I just love - I also really like this kind of "bracket" fic where you include material that's both pre-Voyager and post Endgame. The bleakness of it is delicious, feels like we're delving into the deep dark innards of both characters in an almost elicit way. Encore!
Syntyche chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Smoothly written, excellent visuals, and emotional. Well done!
badmelk chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
if this is just a warm up, i can't wait to see the main event! deliciously dark :)
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
"Under the roaring wind, Tom can hear the assembly casing blowing sideways instead of through the coil. Its power cell is draining out, is close to dead. He could fix it for them. It would be the nice thing to do ... but he's not in the mood to out his affiliation to the sundry characters in this bar."
That is a great metaphor for relationships that, if given the right kind of effort, could work - but don't.
"Either way, he doesn't know if it he has it in him to try at saving another one tonight ... Too much of a chance that he'll succeed."
Gritty. This does not spare Chakotay, or Tom, from harsh truths. It is definitely not sentimental. It also provides strangely sympathetic insights into the strengths and weaknesses of the players in this relationship.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
This certainly wasn't a "happy" story, but I really enjoyed the clever writing of Tom's thoughts. I think my favorite line was "Tom never claimed to be the most integrated circuitry in the flight panel." Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere was that Chakotay used his charisma in the Maquis to call "damaged, lost young men and women to his side." He not only recruited Tom, but also B'Elanna (and who knows how many others) to the Maquis even though they had no real stake in the cause. He used them for the Maquis without regard to what was best for them personally. Anyway...thanks for writing - hope you'll write more.
mabb5 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Very well done character study. Please write more.