Reviews for Tempting Fate
maddypaddy30 chapter 20 . 2/24
update
litmajoronleave chapter 20 . 6/20/2016
Sadly its chapter 20 :(

I love your story! I love this Eric and his Melody. It's hella complicated and it's not predictable. And Eric is going to f$!& this up (took a peek at the sequel's chapter 1). I am saddened by that top and I'd like to know how it will end :)

I hope you continue, one day. Thanks for posting this! You are a wonderful writer! I don't read just because of plot, or characterizations, if it's plausible or just all fantasy. I love a story because of the combination of words and situations and always, it should give me that chills-down-my-spine sensation that tells me this is going to be worth reading.

In other words, I love your story!
litmajoronleave chapter 18 . 6/20/2016
Damnit! What or who is Melody? Ancestors? Protectors? Hmm. Are they gods (with a small G)? Fallen Angels? Demons?
litmajoronleave chapter 17 . 6/19/2016
I dont know which of these two are playing harder to get! Lol! But its bad for Eric because he can no longer make himself kill her, nor could he force her really, not because he can't, but it's not really what he want. Sigh, wonder how long this will last for these two? They are both reaching out to each other and both pushing each other away.
litmajoronleave chapter 15 . 6/19/2016
Gawd, the emotional roller coaster of this chapter! Gripping! I am a bit grateful we are inside Mel's head and given whats happened in England, her fascination and weakness for Eric (aka love), I am prepared for what she is capable of doing as far as harming herself. And lets not forget she is just newly 18!

As for Eric, boy, this confused bastard is having a rougher version of the same thing going on with Mel. x1000.

Their bond is strong. The only thing that is hopeful at this point, at least for me.
litmajoronleave chapter 14 . 6/19/2016
He gave her his blood again. Hmm. He wants to tie her to him now? It's a sweet and un-Eric like first time, for that I am glad. Sweet. Considerate. I am almost afraid what will happen in the next chapter.
litmajoronleave chapter 13 . 6/19/2016
My guess is a part of Eric suspects that given time, Mel would complicate his existence. Better nip it in the bud now before it becomes out of control - meaning his feelings become out of control. Best to kill her now while he still can, before she becomes his weakness. And Godric probably saw this since he has a direct line to his emotions. Will Godric die in this version too? If he is then forcing a blood tie or a bond between E and M is his last gift to his progeny, the gift of - as corny as it sounds - Love.
litmajoronleave chapter 12 . 6/19/2016
Maybe Eric was jealous? Hence his reaction to Sookie talking Godric?
litmajoronleave chapter 11 . 6/19/2016
I'd take his spurt possessiveness as the best sign Eric is getting attached. Mel would probably think later that he is just protecting his current blood source, but possessive Eric leads to emotionally-confused Eric. I'd be happy with emotionally-confused Eric right now.
litmajoronleave chapter 10 . 6/19/2016
Poor Mel :(
litmajoronleave chapter 9 . 6/19/2016
Damn those Newlins!
litmajoronleave chapter 8 . 6/18/2016
Cocky bastard indeed, but showing you his human side, Mel! Even if just a wee peek.
litmajoronleave chapter 7 . 6/18/2016
This version of S2 is strangely addicting lol. I cringed at the violence but, well, there is something going on with Eric and we all know Eric's vilest enemy is himself and his aversion to emotions.

You're on hiatus and the sequel is unfinished, but I hope you will find time to continue. It's hard to resume a story after a long time (I know!) but there is also the need to complete the story no matter what. I hope you still feel that need at times and use use it to ignite whatever has been lying dormant since last you posted a chapter. I think you are one talented story teller, I really do.
litmajoronleave chapter 6 . 6/18/2016
Getting more interesting!
litmajoronleave chapter 5 . 6/18/2016
I am really loving this Eric and a very interesting Mel. What is she?