Reviews for Straight Jacket Fashion
I absolutely loved it. It has been a while since I watched misfits, and this made me want to watch it all over again. The character developement as well as the mood setting are soo good. I am so pleased with how Simon handled the situation, his reactions seem to really fit him. Even though I must say his letter was a bit to beautifully written to be honest. I would argue that it didn't really go with how he is afterwards still not able to express himself really well. But I can see how later on he kinda becomes the person that he shows is inside of him by his wording. It's the only thing that stood out to me in this really well written story. Thank you for a truly entertaining read. It made me cry a little bit. Hopefully you will keep writing, I would like to keep reading (:
Guest chapter 13 . 1/4/2014
That was a fun read and interesting take on a prequel to the series. Thanks again for sharing it and I had such fun time reading it.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
what a talented writer you are. I love how you're so on point with Simon's character and you've captured him perfectly. thank you so much for sharing this and I hope you're still writing, and continue to write because what you've got here is great.

lovely pacing, characterizations, tone and eloquence.
ren chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
WOAH
AvidMisfitsFan chapter 7 . 10/21/2013
This is an extremely accurate depiction of Simon's character. Your writing style is excellent and I'm eager to read every chapter you post. You deserve so much more recognition, thank you for continuing to write despite the lack of reviews! I miss Simon (and Alisha) but your fanfiction helps ebb the loss :)
Anjie chapter 13 . 10/10/2013
Nice way to end the story. I like that you wrapped it into the show and allowed the readers to see Simon's inner thoughts. I was surprised to see that he wrote to Lucy but it makes sense I guess that he needed someone that he could connect to. Glad he didn't send it though, but maybe that's what contributed to the problems in future (I.e. Lucy getting made that he ignored her after he got out of the unit).

Overall, I think you did a wonderful job with this story. You really have you characterizations down pat. I am definitely going to go check out your song titles by the way. Thanks for sharing this story with us and I look forward to reading your next one. Mind giving any hints to what it might be about to one of your faithful readers? :)
Anjie chapter 12 . 10/6/2013
Wow, I can't believe it's almost over! Poor Emma dying..ahh! I am still conflicted over whether Lucy killed her or not. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way honestly.

I do have a couple questions. Was Curtis ever a character in the story? Are we going to see some of the community service scenes? I would love to see a follow up of this story with his views on what's happening during the community service. Well I guess I will have to wait and see what happens next chapter. Can't wait! Great job with this chapter.
Trude chapter 12 . 9/23/2013
awesome update
Forbidden1991 chapter 10 . 9/18/2013
OMG! I just finished watching Misfits and found this story. I loved Simon so much and wish that they had done more on his backstory! Please update soon! I'm curious to see what happens next :)
BabyKay47 chapter 10 . 9/8/2013
I'm still reading. I think I'm just a bit frustrated with Simon and Lucy. I wish that Simon would just grow a pair and stop letting her push him around. But considering how insecure and timid Simon still is when the show starts, I just can't see him making that much progress when he gets out of the unit. Perhaps in this case, my preconceived notions about what happened to Simon before the show began are getting in the way. And I also can't see how this Lucy is the same as the one from the show. In the show I thought Lucy became a skinchanger because she desperately wanted people to notice and like her, and she had issues with her own appearance. But this Lucy doesn't seem to care about what people think about her, and actively tries to make people hate her. So I'm not sure why her superpower manifests the way that it does. But I honestly admit that I'm not that creative, so I'll keep reading to see where you're going with this.

But definitely kudos on the emotions. As always they're very real and raw, and I just ache for Simon. I honestly teared up a bit a few times when he shared his feelings, and actually felt connected and accepted. That's the kind of character growth that I want to see.
Anjie chapter 10 . 9/8/2013
::sighs:: I honestly don't know how much more of this I can read with Lucy never facing the consequences of her actions. It's just not..fair! I know I probably sound like a whiny little baby, but seriously she deserves some pay back! Please be nice and tell me that something bad is in store for her soon? :)

Nice chapter as always. I like that Simon is becoming a little more confident. Still can't believe that beezy Lucy killed Sara. Poor Emma. I wonder if Ben or Mike was supposed to be like a Curtis character? If not, will a Curtis type of character be arriving at some point? Just curious.

Looking forward to your next chapter. Please, don't give up on this story because I never will. :)
Anjie chapter 9 . 8/16/2013
Lucy. Is. Freaking. Insane. Sorry I just had to get it out of my system. I hate people like that though that are secretly evil and can get away with anything because they put on this marvelous act that everyone believes. I feel so bad for poor Simon. He is such a man sometimes though with having her do that to him and not stopping her. I do wonder though about you having him do that with Lucy considering fake Alisha/Lucy was his first oral sex experience. Although, I guess its never disclosed how far he has gotten, just that he never had sex before Jessica. I can't say that I am happy that Lucy popped his sexual cherry lolz. But you did a fantastic job with the scene; especially capturing her craziness disturbed side during the whole act. That's pure talent.

I loved that moment at the end with his mom. Brilliant. It really shows things are turning around. I will be anxiously awaiting your next update.
stressedasalways chapter 8 . 7/23/2013
really great work. I love how you really grasped Simon's character. Cant wait to see where its headed
Anjie chapter 8 . 7/20/2013
Is it even possible for you write a bad chapter? I really don't think thar it is. You really captured the emotion well in this chapter with all of these characters. I really like how you're portraying Lucy, you can really start to see how she became obsessed with Simon. I hope that he makes up with Emma soon. Nice touch with Sara. Keep up the fantastic work!
Anjie chapter 7 . 7/7/2013
Ugh I really don't trust Lucy, with good reason obviously. I really hope Emma wises up and doesn't fall for her antics. Simon needs to tell her that she was right about Lucy and explain before it gets to late. I do wonder how far you are going to go with these original characters? And also long you are going to have Simon in the unit?

Nice chapter. Awesome that you provided a quicker update. Looking forward to the next one.