Reviews for Stuck in a World of Fiction
Narutochi chapter 1 . 5/9
I liked this from beginning to end although I am wondering now that the other 2 are gone if he will be able to change things.
trninjakiller chapter 21 . 3/26
If this voice in the head thing continues I'm done.
Selias chapter 20 . 3/9
Ugh. Ashley always struck me as the second most dull crew member, after Kaidan.
griezz chapter 71 . 2/24
As mentioned in a previous post, I found the constant inner chatter of Bourne, Iron and Hero to be distracting and even annoying at times. Despite that, I truly enjoyed this first installment in your saga of Bourne and Shepard.
griezz chapter 25 . 2/23
As I recently wrote to another author on this site, I have never been much of a fan of Mary Sue stories, especially ones where the MS gets all kinds of extra powers. However, just as in that case, I am forced to make an exception. I tried the first few chapters, thinking enough of them to keep going; I will say that I'm starting to find the multiple personality theme a bit of an annoying distraction.
But, with this chapter, I'm completely addicted. It is extremely rare that a video or book can make me physically cry, but your telling of Shepard and the suicidal slave... that really got to me.
Thank you for writing so well and for sharing your gift.
Sslerok chapter 71 . 2/2
This.
THIS is a Mass Effect Self-Insert that leaves your sides in stitches, your inner Renegade growling- no, PURRING- in satisfaction, and keeps you at the edge of your seat!
Your characterization of Bourne strikes an ever-shifting balance of bending canon to your whim, but not so much as it gets outrageous, while setting up realistic consequences when your choices come back to bite you. Your Shepard plays off your general flippancy and brute force approach perfectly, and her end-all counter-argument always brings a smirk to my face.
And that's not even getting into Iron or Hero. While the concept of a Self-Insert might suspend enough disbelief, your bringing in two separate, unique playthroughs and trapping them inside your own HEAD? Points for originality, good sir!
I am preparing to dive into the sequel, but for now, thank you for this entertaining what if.

Sslerok
BlazeStryker chapter 27 . 1/17
Cybereyes, and they're still bloodshot?

..damn, I'm impressed!
BlazeStryker chapter 9 . 1/16
You DO own Mass Effect!

..a copy of the games, at any rate.

And now you get to pwn it.

Of course, it all finally gets a chance to pwn you back.
darkerego chapter 71 . 10/17/2014
Finally finished up the rewrite, and I have to say, excellent work! I guess now I'll go read the Users story. Great job for this excellent piece of work!
jaelin910 chapter 15 . 9/1/2014
I kinda find myself wondering what she'll think of the M-13 raptor. on the one hand, it's hardly a standard sniper rifle, on the other hand, she might like it for the same reasons as many people do (or she might see the mass of ammo it can take as a nice change after encountering thermal clips in number 2)
actually, speaking of thermal clips, are you going to give an explanation for their presence on every battlefield everywhere?
Karmic Acumen chapter 22 . 8/24/2014
I don't know. I was really enjoying this story, but then you added the split personality and it just soured it completely. It's an unnecessary story element whose homoristic value falls flat, at least to me.
NexusLordNova chapter 71 . 7/12/2014
This story was awesome, one of the best fanfics i've read. I can't wait to start reading Users in a world of fiction, and will be patiently waiting to read both Surviving in a World of Fiction and Users 2.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/8/2014
It isn't bad. Could use a bit more detail and the main character has some sueish qualities. I will stick with it because it is far better than average.
The Bush Wookie chapter 60 . 7/3/2014
Love the story and I was cracking up at that rvb reference. Keep up the good work
BankruptSamurai chapter 4 . 6/16/2014
Enjoying this so far. I wasn't too sure with the beginning - which is always the case with any SI - but already my interest has been captured.

And the use of the Omega symbol is pretty awesome, given the general theme of the Mass Effect series. Also a bit depressing, but just the thought behind it more than makes up for that.

I'll give myself another chapter, but I think I can safely say I'll be reading this story to its finish.