Reviews for Ship of the Line: Forever After Earth
Hikari Nova chapter 24 . 11/4
nice fic I loved reading it even if it was more lemony then I normally read lols
alinoe.kiara chapter 24 . 9/30
I loved the first 2/3 of this story but after that it went a bit insane with crossovers, multiple POVs, and clones. I was reading quite late and apparently wasn't awake enough to figure what the heck is going on sometimes. A bit sad the Asgard didn't show after Thor went home.
End.User chapter 13 . 9/16
Something that's been bothering me while is read this fic is their logic for saving humans from dying is missing a massive piece of the puzzle simply because the author hasn't considered it.

There is an afterlife in Buffyverse. People have souls, death is not the end. They're not saving anyone. They're just giving them a different afterlife.
Mangahero18 chapter 2 . 8/8
Im really REALLY curious where all the none SG-1 stuff is coming from.
CMVreud chapter 13 . 7/17
Ford is a fuk-ken IDIOT. /smile
And there is so much wrong with the reasoning of the three even IF they have 11 memories.
CMVreud chapter 11 . 7/17
So Daniel's gotta be the Cleric?
CMVreud chapter 9 . 7/17
AN: Failsafes for failsafes for failsafes
CMVreud chapter 5 . 7/16
Preposterous!
CMVreud chapter 2 . 7/16
I really need to get that series.
Is it the Earthchild one, or what's it name?
Fast Frank chapter 19 . 7/8
I'm feeling so dumb that it took me so long to figure out why Faith was called.
iChaos chapter 24 . 6/24
Alrighty then...

All things considered, the first thought that occurs to me is that the ending was ironically anti-climactic (pun intended). Not necessarily bad per se, but one thing that seems common about these mega-crossover stories is a tendency to sort of fizzle out when so many different elements from a bunch of unrelated franchises get kind of lost in the mix when it all comes together. The result is so chaotic that it's hard to know where to look and what to pay attention to. If I hadn't read the companion story I probably would have been too confused to even finish.

Nevertheless I do like to stray out of my comfort zone occasionally, and this monumentally bizarre story certainly satisfies that particular urge. It was interesting and well written enough to keep me reading but to be honest with you it got pretty convoluted and rather difficult to follow especially when the extraordinaryly confusing TSAB characters were introduced into the fic.

In all fairness a lot of that is on me since I am totally unfamiliar with the majority of the content that was not based on btvs and to a lesser extent the stargate universe. While I avidly followed the former I saw just enough of the latter to recognize the major references and basic continuity. Beyond that, I was mostly rather lost. I have absolutely no idea what to say about the omake chapters dealing with the primary fae characters except that it felt like they might be better off as stand alone one-shots because they abruptly halt the progress of the main storyline.

The main thing that captured my interest and compelled me to write this review is your take on death from the fae perspective. I gotta say that I was incredibly impressed by that because it is the closest description of the concept to my own personal notions on the subject that I can ever remember reading or otherwise hearing about. It was nice to know that at least I'm not the only person who has ever thought of it like that.

Thank you for sharing your work.
Azaira chapter 24 . 5/29
A great story, but a bit too much crossover
Many seem to flow in well enough, but not everyone has read every crossover included. Some are fine either way, but when you write, include relevant information as if readers don't know the crossover information. You do well with this mostly well enough, but with so many it gets twisted up or lacking.

Otherwise, the story is amazing.
Azaira chapter 9 . 5/27
Love the story so far, but there's a bit of BS going on...
The trio just Give SGC one of their transport bubbles.
Then they Gift the SGC with the Entire database of their ship.
Finally, they Save earth from an alien invasion.

All of this without recompense.
Everything the trio have done, and they are denied a single technology? Sure, they steal it right after, but the simple fact that the Earth simply takes and doesn't return - despite the fact that they agreed to a trade - is beyond belief. And then they still help the SGC afterwards?

No words can describe the hypocrisy here for me.
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 1 . 5/17
Perfect Lifeforms my ass, they could literally be doing anything at all (like investigating A BRAND FUCKING NEW UNIVERSE FILLED WITH HONEST TO GOD MAGIC!) and they choose to fornicate the entire time. It won't even lead to anything because of their birth control so it's basically just drugs...
SoullessDCLXVI chapter 24 . 2/18
I read this story years ago, and I was in love. I have read hundreds (maybe over a thousand, but not likely. Certainly hundreds, though) of fan-fictions and I NEVER re-read them. Ever. Can't stand re-reading, or re-watching movies or TV shows as well. But I am currently on chapter six of re-reading this fanfiction. The one among all the others that have stuck in my head. And it's only because I have been unable to find more to do with the Earthchild universe. No other fanfictions or original work. So in my desperation for water (more of this, but fresh) I am drinking my own piss (re-reading). Please, I'm begging you, either make more or point me in a direction where I might find more.