Reviews for This Game We Play
Ya Nefer Ma'at chapter 1 . 1/9
ParanoidSylph chapter 17 . 4/2/2015
oh my god. I knew this was coming; I knew the end of this chapter would be the last time Mairon would see Melkor before he was captured and thrown into the void, but my heart was unprepared. Now my keyboard is all wet and if I had known I would cry this much I would have gotten myself a tissue box and a pint of chocolate ice cream in preparation.

Beautifully done. I just have no words for how amazing your writing is. This whole fanfic was an emotional rollercoaster, and really encompassed everything Mairon and Melkor's relationship ever was, on both extremeties. It's absolutely incredible.

Thank you for writing this.
Sketchevrywir chapter 17 . 2/12/2015

this gave me too much feels

A writing

sorry for the bad review, i'm not that good at telling how feel about things

But your fic was lovely, poor Mairon though...
singvogel chapter 17 . 11/5/2014
If you had asked me before I would never have expected to cry over Melkor, but when reading this I did. Great story. Thanks for writing it.
lilithlo chapter 17 . 7/9/2014
I finally finish it and oh my...! this i one of the best fanfic I ever read.
I enjoyed every chapters so much even if I cried like a baby at the end.
Thank you so much for bringing it to us!
Emperor DeLacus chapter 17 . 6/17/2014
My goodness, this was awesome! *-*
Shayera chapter 17 . 6/14/2014
What a heartbreaking ending. I noticed how after all these chapters, this is the first and final time we get to read Melkor's name. Your sentences are beautifully constructed, not the "normal" kind that we see in other works.

If you ever decide to make more stories about Melkor and Mairon, I will gladly read it. I sequel would be nice, from Sauron's time as a Numenorian lord to his downfall at the Third Age. If I remember, Sauron's spirit is unhoused, so it means he and Melkor cannot be reunited even after their downfalls. It is kind of another angst plot, and I am probably asking too much.

Thank you for sharing this story with us. You are a wonderful writer.
Guest chapter 17 . 6/13/2014
I discovered this story earlier this year, and since then I have waited eagerly for every update! Your writing style is beautiful, and you characterize Mairon and Melkor so perfectly! The final chapter made me cry like a baby! Anyway, I simply wanted to thank you for your commitment. :) It can't be easy writing a story of this length so thoroughly. You truly deserve more reviews. I can't wait to read more from you! You are awesome! -A Fan of Fantasy
Lingua Pura chapter 16 . 6/5/2014
I do love the way you portray them, and the emotions in this chapter are great. I quite worry that the end is soon, but continue on writing beautifully. You deserve more reviews and followers. This is one of my favorite chapters to date.
Rennet chapter 13 . 4/28/2014
I like this entire story, really. It's well- written.
Half-elven-mori chapter 13 . 4/23/2014
I have been reading this and I always forget to review! I must say thought that this is one of my favorite fan fictions ever! I love everything you do with Mairon's personality and the interactions between him and Melkor! It is nice to read a story where the focus is on the evil players side for once. This last chapter has been one of if not my favorite of all. I am so excited to learn about the eyes. I assume it has to do with bonding or something of the sort but am so curious! Please update soon!
Haneshiro chapter 13 . 4/24/2014
Somehow I would have liked if he choose to forsake is master and walk away from this world...

Poor Mairon :( I really like this chapter : it's one of the best ! Little Mairon is trying to oppose is master. I'm very fond of the way you made things happen ! Melkor was ! But what exactly is this impurity on mairon's pupil ? It seems even Melkor was worried (it also seems that he rerally love him after all). And I really like the way Hurin interrupted them.

Thanks you for this great chapter and story (and sorry if I didn't review before T.T). I really really love it).

bye (and sorry my English surely is bad for I'm French :p)
Cayene8 chapter 13 . 4/21/2014
Hnng, interesting. It looks like Mairon is finally going to be more like Sauron.
TheGoldenWritersApprentice chapter 12 . 4/17/2014
This story is so good, I can't help but feel sorry for Mairon all the shit Melkor is putting him through! Update soon?xx
hibihaiko chapter 11 . 2/21/2014
;-; i dun like where this is going...too pretty too sweet. Dont hurt poor Sauron D: he just wants love.
Very nice chapter :D
Only one thing i noticed that might be worth improving, is that moment when Gothmog stops talking; it is not entirely clear on whom the story focuses next as you refer to Sauron as 'he' and it is just kinda confusing for 2 paragraphs...
:D Can't wait for next one