Reviews for Adventures at Morecastle
Atu21 chapter 6 . 6/7
I laughed so hard I cried. Last chapter so worth it.
Koi chapter 6 . 4/25
Just amazing.
sleepywitchysamurai chapter 6 . 4/16
This last chapter was fudgin hilarious. It does sound too unbelievable when trying to explain all these events happening to one person.
RechelBethel chapter 6 . 4/9
Loved this story! Thank you
AHHH OMG THIS STORY IS A GEM! I LOVED IT!
Kadri chapter 6 . 2/1
It's been a while since I last read this, but it remains one of my all-time favorite P&P short stories. You've managed to strike the perfect balance between serious and humorous, and I love it. There was just enough romance, and the scene with the geese and the epilogue had me cackling.

Also: poor Bingley! He would probably love nothing more than to propose to Jane, but he keeps getting upstaged!
GrangerFan17 chapter 6 . 1/4
What a delightful novella! Thank you so much for sharing!
LuckyDuck49 chapter 6 . 1/3
I adored this! It deserves so much more attention— PERFECT! I bit my knuckle to keep from squealing so many times lol I actually cackled when their first kiss was a direct result of being attacked by geese. lovely story
Hiniwalay chapter 6 . 11/27/2020
“And which carriage were you riding on /that/ day?” Suddenly this is important. ‘:D
“‘Brighton?’ he exclaimed. ‘Are you out of your senses? No, no, no, no!’” HAHAHA YES, GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS WORDS.
I’m so satisfied.
I can’t believe I delayed this long to read this fic. I might have never read it— the title had seemed so generic and promising of lengthy, oh-do-overdone events and dragging plot. I cannot recount another instance where I have been more satisfied to say that I was utterly, completely, thoroughly wrong.
I shall be sorry to have used up all my reviews and not be able to review when I eventually reread this, but you must know that you have my everlasting gratitude as a reader and fervent admiration as a writer. Mwuah!
Hiniwalay chapter 5 . 11/27/2020
Goodness, I just understood your title to the last chapter, “Animals, Wild and Domestic.” Your wit is magnificent.
“a shameless pile of bribes— trinkets and sweets for the children” You actually had me worried for a moment there. xP
Yeah… for all her faults, Miss Bingley was Darcy’s friend and confidante. On some level, I think, he might have enjoyed her wit and teasing. He just couldn’t be attracted to her values.
brooding Darcy watching the waves crash and the seagulls circle overhead, tho. x)
“The name was as elegant and aristocratic as he was.” /Now/ she approves of him. xD
Oooooh. This— out of all the fanfics I’ve read, this may be the first I’ve seen where Elizabeth realizes the power she holds over Darcy.
“and wondered if that fashion could be called charming.” Man. Man, I feel her thoughts.
“Darcy agreed without thinking, and then colored as Bingley laughed even harder.” Darcy boi. *shakes head smilingly*
“I wouldn’t go so far as to say that. She seemed inclined to be offended by you.” Bingley’s more perceptive than we give him credit for.
YOU’RE JINXING IT, STAHP.
I’m guessing that there will be no incidental misfortunes, though there maybe intentional ones if their fifth-wheeler has anything to say about it.
“‘They do you justice,’ said Darcy, and she felt suddenly breathless.” SMOOTH.
That belated “No, no, I mean no insult!” tho. Ah, Darcy.
“I lack true accomplishment, I am merely tolerable—“ AHH, ELIZABETH.
Darcy going from discomposed to thoroughly complimenting her while being intimidating.
TEASE.
That’s awesome tho! You show the reality of courtship. It’s not all flutters or tingles or heated breaths. There’s intimidation, overwhelmingness, sheer uncomfortable awkwardness, and offense.
Aw, I /do/ feel for Miss Bingley.
That real frustration at being interrupted. :0
HAHAHAHAHA THAT’S SO UNDIGNIFIED HAHAHAHAHAHA
POOR DARCY. DOVE TO BE A HERO, THWARTED BY THE MUD.
“Oh, my love…” *swoons*
KISS. KISS!
YESSSSSSSS!
What a first kiss tho xD soaking wet and talking about how they hated geese.
“All this was observed by a highly interested Bingley” XD I wonder if Jane will determinedly make the first move between them.
Ohhh that was so… it was so natural. Like a cascade of events that simply happened. It was neither perfectly romantic nor incandescently happy, but it happened and it was theirs.
“No, wait, I really must insist—“ BINGLEY BE A MAN DAMMIT. This is not the right moment for your leniency and malleability! Aaaa!
That shriek tho xD Had to happen.
“I thought he was going to cry.” Poor man.
And Darcy laughing. Ahhh, wonderful. And not resisting the temptation to kiss her hand!
Miss Bingley being immediately subdued and helping Elizabeth… I can feel her again.
“He was, Elizabeth thought, the most beautiful man in the world.” In love indeed. *sighs happily*
Hiniwalay chapter 4 . 11/27/2020
DARCY, CONFESS.
I like your Miss Bingley. xD She doesn’t even sound so ridiculous. Many a man could have fallen for her attentions.
“smiling at her, not broadly, like a fool, but in a quiet, deliberate fashion.” You should hear your own thoughts, Darcy. :’D
ELIZABETH QUIETLY PULLING AWAY AND DARCY BESEECHINGLY HOLDING FAST.
Ooh, Miss Bingley would be shocked at such a view.
I am smiling prodigiously as Elizabeth and Darcy talk circles and and subtle jabs around Miss Bingley.
“Perhaps you are the one who should run for Parliament.” *jumps up and down with killg like an idiot*
Oh man, I can really see Miss Bingley getting desperate, and it all sounds /natural/. She’s not excessively mean like some authors make her out to be, just human and desperate.
“And before she knew what was happening, Miss Bingley found herself alone in the hallway.” You didn’t even have to say it, but I could already envision Elizabeth pushing her out of the room.
“Miss Bingley made a few remarks which she fancied were particularly Eliza-like in their sprightliness” this is SO TELLING. You are so, /so/ damn good at capturing the contradictions and contrarieties in human nature.
“But then, I’m sure you know that.” Like a stiletto knife puncturing a bullseye.
DARCY’S JELLY.
Man, that was a good comeback from Miss Bingley. She’s even smirking in the face of Darcy’s anger. I think she’ll soon be very angry at him.
Your Darcy is really astute. Which is, of course, a compliment that always goes back to the author.
You’ve made a character out of Mrs. Lorrey. She’s excellent.
“Well, lookee—“ OH, FUDGE.
Elizabeth, ELIZABETH, YOU DON’T QUITE UNDERSTAND THE DANGER, DAMMIT.
That swords scene is movie-worthy. If this were a show, it would be that one moment people made a glorious meme of.
I enjoyed Darcy’s panicked! dialogue so much! I acted it out a couple times over. His adrenaline on high, his /distress/ at what could have happened to Elizabeth, his frustration with her because he loves her— it’s all so ghrmmgmghm!
“You always distract me, Miss Bennet.” AYIEEEEEEEE
“to say absolutely anything that would prevent her from doing such a dangerous thing ever again” Ohhhhhh, Darcy. Oh, all protective people ever.
That moment where he is still and you know absolutely that he is about to cry.
“But I will try not to distress you by constantly bemoaning my guilt, as some do.” “Yes, that would be considerate of you.” Ha!
Opportunity missed! I would have loved to see Darcy’s amazed reaction to such a kiss to smooth his brow or soothe his cheek. It would have been complete bliss. But I know you have better in store!
Hiniwalay chapter 3 . 11/27/2020
Elizabeth’s newfound self-consciousness is a vindicating sight to behold precisely because it is so relatable.
IM LAUGHING REALLY HARD AT THE GENTLEMEN.
Darcy in outrage tho xDDD That’s what you get for lending him something to the danger of Elizabeth~
“Ah.” Elizabeth’s shining in her eloquence this morning.
“‘Neither should you, Miss Bennet.’ She jumped a bit and squeaked.” Again, simply /masterful/.
The paragraph about how stuffy the carriage is too! You truly have a way with words.
Ahhhhh all the interactions are truly delightful.
*sighs dramatically aggrieved at Elizabeth’s overthinking the bruise and reperusing the thought of ‘intolerable’*
“Mr. Darcy would have to take her or leave her like everyone else. She descended the stairs with a determined tilt to her chin and a flash in her eyes.” Oh, Elizabeth.
Love love /love/ the work you have Darcy doing.
Hiniwalay chapter 2 . 11/27/2020
“I am not about to go careening about the countryside in some rented rattletrap with an unmarried female by my side!” That. Pompous affectation. That angered /pride/. You are a MASTER. Bingley’s dialogue was great too!
Wow, that description of the curricle accident was impressive. I felt it. I even lurched and swayed to go along with it.
“Darcy, with a smothered exclamation, tore off his long coat and swung it around her shoulders. ‘You can’t stay out here!’” How is it that the very actions and varied emotions of your characters reveal so much?
AAAAA HE CARRIED HER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM SQUEALING
That contrast with Jane and Bingley tho AHAHAHA. Darcy’s getting trumped at gentlemanliness at every turn!
“The Bennet sisters were treated to a most engaging sight: two young, good-looking men—“ Say no more, I’m already bowled over.
AWWWW THEY’RE CARING FOR EACH OTHER
The cheer scene was quite beautiful!
“Everyone seemed to take for granted that Darcy would sit next to the driver” Again, this is so revealing :’D Good on Bingley for being so amiable.
LOLOLOL at the ending!
Hiniwalay chapter 1 . 11/27/2020
Man, that initial greeting was really telling. Any observer would identify them as couples immediately.
“she supposed it was because he thought it beneath his dignity to participate in such plebian pursuits.” ahaha! so! prejudiced!
“She dare not even be too rude, lest he lose his temper and tip her into the water in revenge.” Elizabeth, that says more about your own liabilities than his. TTvTT
I CAN’T GET OVER YOUR DEPICTION OF ELIZABETH’S PREJUDICE, HAHAHAHA

That boat conversation was INTENSE. Well-played!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/24/2020
Loooool
Love this. It’s great. The whole story, but especially mr bennet’s reaction.