Reviews for A Distant Star, A Burning Sun
Mysts of Time chapter 18 . 8/21
Sequel plez
kayathedragon chapter 18 . 6/29/2015
Awwww, this was so sweet and good! Will definitely check out your other fics! :)
kayathedragon chapter 8 . 6/28/2015
"Toothless took short flights every so often, lightening the load for the crew and supplementing their stores with fresh fish. The men appreciated his efforts, except when he rained eels on their heads, snickering."

Toothless would do this omg. So many cute interactions between everyone in this chapter, too! I especially liked the sailors teasing, "Put yer back into it, Hiccup!"
kayathedragon chapter 7 . 6/28/2015
AAAAH I ADORED the hug between Stoick and Merida! He would definitely feel like a second dad to her, and I feel like this relationship needs to be explored in more fics. I'm enjoying this so much I can't stop smiling
kayathedragon chapter 2 . 6/28/2015
I know it's silly, but language barriers are one of my favorite thingsss. Glad you decided to do that.
kayathedragon chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
"She was just...a mystery. Alone. A lost creature. All the things he couldn't resist."

aAHHAH I love this line. Made me squee haha
Aynessa chapter 18 . 1/4/2015
Oh, this is beautifully done. What a masterpiece. Even if you end it here (is this the end?), it is still a wonderful tale. I cannot express how much I adore that they speak different languages, and have to work to be able to communicate verbally. Such excellent storytelling and romance building.

I do hope you continue, but this is perfect even if you do not.
Aynessa chapter 4 . 1/3/2015
This is an excellent story and I am thoroughly impressed. Most Merricup stories have them instantly being able to communicate and falling in love in like 2 days - 2 weeks. This is slow, paced well, and I just adore that they have different languages and are slowly learning how to communicate with each other. Beautifully done.

I do have one thing to point out, however. Vikings actually burn the dead, not bury.
Guitar Amateur chapter 18 . 11/15/2014
The romance between Hiccup and Merida developed nicely. I thought how you dealt with Astrid was more of... you didn't, but instead chose to ignore her. But I could tolerate it for this story.
Rowan and Elder chapter 18 . 9/1/2014
I don't know why this doesn't have more reviews because this is easily the best Hiccup and Merida story I've ever read here, and the list of my pursuits for Merricup stories is extensive.

Firstly, it's tough enough to write a budding relationship between two people without much dialogue but you did it so well, having the both of them have different languages was both truthful to their respective different races and lands, and the first I've seen an author actually employ it so well.

Secondly, I love the way you portray everyone. Especially Hiccup. Everyone is in character. I would have liked to have seen slightly some more about Astrid because she was pretty much Hiccup's first crush and love, but still, I liked that more of Fishlegs! Appreciation was in here :) He could so be Hiccup's second.

Thirdly, you have a really nice writing style, easy to read and also poetic and with great imagery. "indigo of twilight" really stood out to me but also the way you describe appearances, particularly Merida's, it's clear from just Hiccup's description of her that he gradually finds her very beautiful.

All in all, this is a really good fic!
ivanganev1992 chapter 18 . 8/4/2014
Not bad . I like it .If it is more I would like to know but still It is good in this form too .
If you want to tell me something or update if you want , do as you wish even when I am a little qurious obout Stoic's reaction post me in my el post box wich is :
ivanganev1992 chapter 5 . 8/4/2014
Ok , is it time for Mer to be teached to speak norse and read and write the same language?!
HawthorneHope chapter 18 . 7/23/2014
This is the first Mericcup Fanfiction I've read and let me just say I'm so happy I did. It's a great plot, and I think you are a great writer. Thanks for making my introduction to Mericcup a good one. :)
Guest chapter 4 . 7/17/2014
This story is so cool !
TimbukTurnip chapter 18 . 7/15/2014
I very much enjoyed this, though I wish it was longer - it seemed to end a bit abruptly to be honest. I would've liked to have read about how he discussed this all with Stoick and the others back on Berk, and how Astrid would've reacted, for example. But otherwise, this was a good story.