Reviews for the world forgetting, by the world forgot
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Wow. Eternal Sunshine was such a brilliant movie and you capture the forgetting so amazingly. I could picture every scene as they began to disappear and just... wow.
Fayre Amore chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Nope nope nope nope no no no no not allowed
Not okay
I can't deal with this
I just died.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Oh.
Oh wow.

This was heartbreaking, Kelly, just the way you've written it.

I love how you describe the process of Remus slowly forgetting - /wiping/ - everything about Sirius and how he affected him from his mind. The fact that it isn't immediate - that it's slow, that Remus /knows/ what he's doing while he's doing it - makes it all the more heartbreaking to read.

More than anything, I love the contrast between the beginning and the ending - it is, in essence, the same scene, but the contrast between them is marked. Forgetting Sirius had so many more repercussions than Remus imagined - of course, he's forgotten Sirius, but he also seems to be markedly colder, because he's lost such an integral part of his life.

The scenes in between - the ones featuring Sirius - were wonderful as well. I love how you transitioned from the worst - the last time they met, with all that suspicion between them - to their first meeting on the platform. It's striking, and the fact that you've written backwards makes it all the more effective.

This was a lovely piece, Kelly - well done! :)
turn out fine chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
this was heartbreaking and perfection and i'm not really sure what to say
the idea of remus obliviating himself because it hurts too much to remember makes a lot of sense, as much as it hurts.
the end has a really big impact on me because you go through all these memories of the two of them, and they're soso perfect, and then you see how much remus really lost- he remember's sirius' face but nothing else.
i really love the imagery all throughout this, metaphors, and the little bits of dialogue
and i really can't find anything to criticize, except that i think you might need a comma between while and which
{he's had this moment planned for a while which is just as well} needs comma between while and which
sorry my review took so long
-nina
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
just reread it and i think i died inside
whatever happened to "happily ever after"
why isn't that a thing

why must you hurt me this way
Lissy Stage chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
*heart breaks into a thousand pieces*

Gosh darn it, but this was powerful. Remus just hurts /sooo/ much, and then the way he Obliviated himself... the way you set up the moments, and how Remus forgets Sirius... it is just so sad, especially when you think about how everyone was wrong, and how Sirius was innocent, but the relationship just faded...

I just luffed this fic to death :D It was just do beautiful, and goooooooodddddddd... I have no more words D;

The layers of the fic, and how it all came together to the final moment... D;
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
do you, like, think its okay to do this to me? Huh? For a person that not that long ago refused to ship these two, (who now does ship them) i am siriusly near tears right now. I love how Remus thought Sirius was the traitor and how hurt he was and then HE OBLIVIATED HIMSELF OF SIRIUS THAT IS FAR FAR FAR FROM OKAY

then YOU SHOWED ALL HIS MEMORIES AND SIRIUS BEING DELETED FROM HIS MEMORIES I JUST SDGHJKO

["A face only a Dementor should kiss," you mutter before going to get some water.] that line was awful because REMUS i just remus now I felt a tear run down my face and asfhji it shows how much sirius affected remus and how remus is different without him. i love that remus loved sirius so much he couldn't cope with the pain of sirius being a traitor. i love that you showed good and bad memories. i love it all, i love love love it all. perf job.
articcat621 chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Seriously, I loved Wolfstar and this just broke my heart. You characterized the both of them so well… and just wow, beautiful.

"I'm losing you," you tell him.
"You're erasing me," he corrects.

That right there, absolutely tore me in half. I seriously had tears in my eyes at this point. The ending was so sad and it literally tore my heart in half. But seriously, it was well done!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Why do you do this to me? Do you enjoy shattering my heart into a million pieces? This just hurt me so much.

I love how you did this. I love it. The way that you through his memories - the good and the bad is just fabulous. And the way it shows it before Sirius is gone and as he's disappearing and when he's gone. It's lovely.

And Merlin, the fact that Remus Obliviates the memories of Sirius from his mind because he can't deal with the pain; it hurt my heart in ways that you will never know.

The ending. My Merlin. The ending. It just broke my heart in two. The way that you would expect the charm not to work, or for Remus to overcome it, but he doesn't. And then this ["A face only a Dementor should kiss," you mutter before going to get some water.] It really shows how much Remus changed when he Obliviated the memories.

["I'm losing you," you tell him. /"You're erasing me," he corrects.] - this. just this. The fact that Sirius appears in Remus' mind as he's being erased. It's a fantastic idea. But it shows that he just wants to be free from the hurt of loving Sirius and having Sirius be a traitor.

This was just perfect, love. Just wonderful.
Alicia Mirza chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Hey!
It was a great story which showed many great and sad moments too. You showed Remus’ feelings and thoughts very well and even if I’m not a big fan of Wolfstar it seemed believable for me, which is a very important thing for a fanon pairing.
The structure was pretty interesting it made it even more special.
Keep up the good work!
Alicia :)
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Oh, wow. I don't think I've ever read a Wolfstar with this premise before, but this is gorgeously sad and beautiful and tragic. I love the circular structure here, with the way the beginning and end connect with each other - Remus seeing Sirius's face on the Prophet, and then Remus seeing Sirius's face and thinking that he should be /executed/...wow. God. This...I mean, I ship RemusSirius so much, and reading this was so gloriously angsty. I just want to go and yell at Remus and ask him what the hell he was thinking, and then console him because /Sirius/. The emotions in this were fantastic, and I love the way Remus thought through some of his Sirius memories before he Obliviated himself. Gorgeous.
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Maybe it's just me, but this read as kind of poetic, which I think really added to this. I've been waiting to find some good Wolfstar for ages now so I'm really happy that I've got to read this.

I like the way the memories regress instead of run chronologically because it gives it a unique twist that I haven't really ever read before. And it being sandwiched between Remus reading the article was really clever.

This flowed really well and really emphasised Remus' emotions and feelings. Amazing job :)
Anrheithwyr chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Hmmm...I don't really care much for Sirius/Remus, but it's a good story in general and..., and I...sorry, I really am trying here (trying not to be subjective in my reviews). Okay, here we go. This was really well written, and I didn't see any major spelling or grammar mistakes. There was an awkward phrasing here and there, but nothing that truly detracted from the story. I thought that you showed a lot of love and dedication in this story, and it was fun to read.
Quill Scribblings chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
oh.

I am completely disarmed. I don't know how you could write something so terrible and tragic and amazing. Utterly heartbreaking. The image of Sirius being erased from each moment in time is vivid and unbelievable, and yet very believable. God, Remus.
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
OH. MY. GOSH

KELLY THIS IS BRILLIANT AND SO FUCKING HEARTBREAKING WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? Just the fact that Remus relives all of his moments with Sirius right before he loses all of the memories is just so heartbreaking I can't even. It's like when you die, you still have seven minutes of brain activity left and you re-live your whole life in those seven minutes AND READING THIS IS LIKE REMUS KILLED HIMSELF AND WAS LEFT WITH MEMORIES OF SIRIUS BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY THING WORTH LIVING FOR JESUS CHRIST STOP IT KELZ.

AND THE LAST PARAGRAPH WHERE HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO SIRIUS IS AND HE THINKS THAT HE SHOULD BE KILLED OH GOD I'M 300% FUCKING DONE HERE.

I HATE YOU