Reviews for Living a Lie
a Wiccan chapter 7 . 2/3
I love this sooo much
Devil Reader chapter 7 . 3/18/2014
It's a cute story. Yes, yes Naruto you are awesome and in no way "cute" (I'm lying).
But every chapter's about how Kakashi is failing in some way or beating himself up for hurting Naruto. While nicely written, it could be balanced out a bit by some fluff or nice bonding moments between them (not daily routine, something special like a holiday). How about a birthday party? I wonder how's Kakashi's going to explain the Kyuubi festival without Naruto being traumatized later in life?
Guest chapter 7 . 1/21/2014
This is soooooooooo adorable love it, hope you update soon :D
ShadowPhoenix22 chapter 7 . 12/20/2013
Awww...The feels...(:

So cute! Please update as soon as you can! I love the story!
NothereNorthere chapter 7 . 12/17/2013
SuomiTytt chapter 7 . 12/2/2013
You're an awesome author! I really could read 'Living a Lie' for hours and hours again. Please, update as soon as possible. I love the story, and everything you've done with the characters. I love the fact that Kakashi is so young and hurt, but you're still able to make him feel so much. I love the fact that Naruto feels so strongly for his daddy. I just love it! Keep up the good work, and be sure that I'm to follow and favourite this! ;) Hopefully we'll hear from you soon!
StoneLily chapter 7 . 10/27/2013
lol stayed up to read this, really like it, its heartwarming but little sad
StoneLily chapter 6 . 10/27/2013
aww so cute
Shinobi of life chapter 7 . 10/26/2013
you make cry with tears of happiness and warm feeling a very good Kakashi adopts naruto fic! I cant wait for more!
Silvanon of the Orchard chapter 7 . 10/16/2013
Hum, well, I did enjoy this enough to read to the end of what you've posted. I love the concept. It did have one general problem that bothered me enough that I nearly stopped reading it several times. Timeline continuity - yes you've obviously got an AU world going on here, but even so, random deviations from the cannon timeline for no good reason really throw me off on a story. The two biggest examples you've got going on in this fic are Tsunade and Sasuke's situtations. In cannon Tsuande's traumas had caused her to leave the village long before the nine-tails attack. So, did her brother and fiance not die in your world? If so, you need to show them still around the village. If not, you need to (at least briefly) address how she managed to overcome her grief and resentment enough to allow her to stay in the village. For Sasuke, you've got the Uchiha massacre happening at least four years earlier than cannon. When exactly did it happen in your world? What happened to cause it to happen so much sooner? Also, there's no way a four year old Sasuke would react to it the same way he did at eight, he's much younger and he's missing half the life experiences that shaped his reactions in cannon. One other "fact-checking/world-building" thing that bothered me was the "bandits" in the chapter where Kakashi started missions again. Bandits usually refers to civilian criminals, whereas the group Kakashi was fighting were clearly ninja. So, the should have been labeled either missing-nin, or ninja from another village. Hum...I guess in summary, don't focus on your character's emotions so thoroughly that you forget to build the world they live in, too. You don't need to spend a ton of time on the background world, but it needs to be there and it needs to make sense. Going forward in the story, in addition to those times of "mistake and then emotion!angst!angst!" I'd really really like to see some nice normal day-to-day for Kakashi and Naruto. I think it'd really help me better see and believe in the bond you keep telling me is there, if I could see it in action in the little things of daily life.
Tian chapter 7 . 9/27/2013
Hello. Just wanted to tell you that you wrote a good story that was really interesting to read. I've always loved the stories where he is adopted because he deserves it. And because through the manga, it's shown how many people cared about him.
Also I think you respected well Kakashi's personality (the "I don't want people to be close to me")
Hope to see you update!
Duesal Bladesinger chapter 3 . 7/29/2013
So I was just scrolling through your reviews to see if I could find any deep insight about your story from other people's reviews, and I realized that no one's reviewed this chapter!

For such an awesome story, it deserves so much more attention. Do you mind if I recommend your story in my next chapter? I'm doing this little thing where I tell people about stories that I've really enjoyed, and yours is right up there. Let me know what you decide! :D
Grace of Hearts chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
;; *blubbers*

On a serious note, I'm interested in how the rest of this will go. I've always liked the idea of Kakashi being a father-figure to Naruto. :O *clicks 'next' eagerly*
bribright91 chapter 7 . 7/26/2013
I want more Sasuke please! Thanks for posting
GottaGetM3sumPIE chapter 7 . 7/16/2013
i cant tell you how many times i was rolling on the floor laughing while reading all of this...and cried...GAH! SUCH A GOOD STORY! Please update soon!

p.s. The way you present Gai is hilarious.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »