Reviews for Strays
Nobody chapter 3 . 10/24/2013
That is an interesting place to end...This story is certainly a fascinating glimpse into a what if setting and what if Kenshin hadn't left Katsura's service. I'm a little nervous about Katsura's contingency plans... and I'd really like to see more of Karou and Kenshin interacting. Good story.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
This is cool keep going ;)
Alien She chapter 3 . 7/26/2013
Oh things have gotten interesting!
Ranuel chapter 3 . 6/30/2013
Well, that's not ominous at all.
Sundarii chapter 3 . 6/12/2013
I have such a love for well done Battousai/Kaoru fics. So I'm glad I found this! Hope you update soon. I really, really like your Kenshin's characterization-so many authors write Battousai as being super like, sensual and possessive and completely belonging in a romance novel. But I think your characterization is much closer to what Kenshin would be like if he continued to be Katsura's shadow assassin. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! Hope you update soon.
kokoronagomu chapter 3 . 6/8/2013
one hopes he's going to allow this loyal and trustworthy man to find his happiness after faithfully serving his cause for so very long. hoping he realizes the value of such a man of integrity to serve him in whatever capacity.
kokoronagomu chapter 2 . 6/6/2013
well, that really embarrassing... i was reviewing a different story in a different tab and you got the wrong review... lol

don't worry, this will also be added to my 'list' and i do love you too (never doubt that).

i think i had the first chapter to this on my tabs waiting for a review (i accumulate quite a few tabs with stories and it's a wonder that i hadn't confused more of them) and then my pc fried so i lost track... sorry.

i liked his reactions to her not being afraid after having witnessed him eliminating kurogasa and that she had asked him to stay... it ends like they'll never meet again which rather bittersweet to me but at least he's been recharged in his purpose because of her.
gin
piccolabimba chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
I really like what you have done with the time frame and setting of the story. Your charater description is good as well. Thank you for making them capable of change. I am interested to see where this goes. Thanks!
sueb262 chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
"His finely balanced sense of morality and honour"-somehow that really struck me. I love thinking about his internal conflicts, how he works with his own inconsistencies (not many people write about what must have been!), and I find the idea of trying to balance morality with honor appealing-not an easy task!

No one writes Katsura/Kenshin better than you-your Katsura is heavy, solid, somehow both menacing and safe, powerful in that way where you have to trust the wielder to be his own brake.
J Luc Pitard chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
Loved the confrontation and the place setting. So, we're in an AU with a modern world and the Meiji era combined? Works for me. Katsura will likely have contingency plans atop contingency plans, but he can't replace someone like Kenshin. Looking forward to learning more about the world and seeing how a few weeks at Kaoru's place have changed things for Kenshin.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
Contingency plans, such as having Kaoru meet with a tragic accident?
J Luc Pitard chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
Loved this. There was a little time setting discrepancy for me in this second chapter with Kaoru going for a handshake at the end and with talk of a taxi at the top. Almost felt like a suddenly modern fic, but I really liked the way you have Katsura and the concept of him keeping control from behind the scenes.
Kenshin having an unlined face gives us a good idea of what _didn't_ happen to make this AR work out. No vow not to kill, no years of atoning. He's still twisted up about all the people he's killed- that's a part of Kenshin's core self- but he's continued to do it as he had no reason to change. What makes this tantalizing is the possibility that he may see the promise of Kaoru's vision of the sword that protects as reason enough to stop being used as a killing tool. That would obviously cause a problem with Katsura, who turned a 13/14 year old boy into a murderer and doesn't see a reason not to use him to keep control over this new regime. Could poor Kenshin's psyche take such a power struggle? Would Hiko be able to help him get stronger and yet stick to his new resolve to live in Kaoru's utopia? Hmm. So many good places a story like this hints at!
Guest chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
it is may 14 and i had to read this again... not because it's may 14 but i have been reading over my 'rk' 'list' of good stuff to read. xD

love this, love you!
gin
P.P.V.V chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
Can I just say...I really enjoyed your writing style more so than the actual story. Such talent! I was drawn in by the words and the way you pieced them together.

Very few people can manage to have such a good story voice. I don't know if you know what I mean, but I found it very inspiring. Keep it up!

The modern-day assassin thing has been done over and over but your words manage to captivate me, anyhow. I loved it. Thanks for sharing and for writing!

-P.P.V.V.
sirenmergirl chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
*twitch* Japanese people bow or nod when meeting each other, not shake hands—that's distinctly foreign.
The setting confused me for a while, since Kenshin was in his original clothes, but the taxi was a big clue.