Reviews for Nothing Like the Sun
CharmedArtist chapter 17 . 1/17
Perfect, perfect, so utterly PERFECT that I don't even have the words. The love, the tenderness, the patience, Draco and Harry and the utter perfection of how you write - there are just no fitting words. This is, without a doubt, the best Drarry story I've ever read, and up at the very top of the "best of fanfiction" list that resides in my mind. Perfection. Thank you. Thank you so much.
CharmedArtist chapter 3 . 1/17
My God, it's so heartwrenching to hear Harry talk about himself like that so frankly, so baldly, as though it's the most obvious truth in the world, and FEELING Draco's twisting and blankly shocked reaction to it. You're a masterful writer, and I feel so hollow. God. Poor Harry.
Qloe chapter 17 . 12/29/2015
Another interesting story from one of my favourite fan fiction authors, I come back to you again and again.

Your writing style is so unique that halfway into the second chapter I said to myself 'this feels so familiar, the structure feels the same as the Cloak and a Dagger series', which I had just taken a break from reading. And lo and behold it was your name I found at the top of the page.

On that note this story feels like it follows the same principles and plot outline as Cloak and Dagger. As if it's a precursor.
Yes you have a lot of mental dialogue to your fics, to the point where I have to reread an entire chapter to grasp their line of thought, I often have to read your stories when alone, in silence so I can process their thoughts and conversations as if I, myself am saying them, to get the understanding right.
But it brings higher depth to the character, there may not be much physical action but the mental exercise is demanding.
And those are stories that are exciting and thought provoking.
So thank you again! Xx
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
This is good story. Not excellent, but good. I do think you focus too much on what characters are thinking, rather than feeling. Harry, especially, is a very spontaneous character and his mindset is way too cold and calculating, even considering the amount of damage he's received in this story. it's a trait in all your stories, actually. Harry and Draco are always very cold and rather selfish. "What is in it for me" seems to be the constant theme.

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. A very interesting idea that probably was let down by, "way too much talk, not nearly enough action", which again is a theme in your stories. Maybe concentrate less on dialogue, and more on some action. All your characters talk about what they are doing way more than the time they spend actually doing it. They could do with some heavy editing to make them tighter as there are many unnecessary words that fail to add anything to the plot of the story.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/31/2015
This was such a great story
katharina aaron chapter 17 . 8/18/2015
Beautiful fanfiction. I particularly loved the fact that Harry was a victim without being faultless, and that Draco loves him without needing to be oblivious of his flaws. It is also admirable that you kept to the fact that recovery from low self-esteem, emotional and verbal abuse, is not immediate nor easy, despite the fact that it probably made the writing of this story more difficult. I hope you feel as much pleasure while writing your fanfictions as your readers feel while reading them.
fatesinger chapter 17 . 7/22/2015
Doubt you'll see this but great story! Loved it all, flowed well and never got slow. Thanks for sharing your talent!
Mel chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
It was so hard to read through the sad stuff that I had to skip right to the end :(
Even though I didn't make it through the juicy stuff in the middle, my heart aches enough at the end. You're just a twisted and brilliant writer.
TheWhiteUnicorn chapter 17 . 7/8/2015
Will it be beautiful or just a beautiful disaster! I loved this! Thank you for making this beautiful!
Diva Quinzel chapter 17 . 6/24/2015
This was probably the best Drarry fanfic I've read to date, and I've been reading Drarry for 7 years now!
This was just amazing, at first it was exhausting, emotionally draining with how Harry saw himself and it hurt to read it, but the pain was so worth it just to see those small steps of progress and finally the end result.
Just amazing.

I'll also mention that you're the first writer who had me reading a full section where Harry was the Top, I've always been quite against it.
I'm mostly against it because so many people who write bottomDraco makes him shorter than harry and into this super submissive, blushing school girl type which annoys me, but even in the ones where they switch I usually skim past the parts where Harry tops.
But in your story I couldn't, you just wrote it so incredibly good, it felt so genuine and loving and warm, and I still felt as if you were staying true too the characters you had been writing throughout the story.

Thank you for creating this amazing story.
BluestruckHolly chapter 17 . 2/27/2015
Your fanfic is so good, and I have to say that it's one of a kind. Your writing style is honestly amazing, and I will admit that I, someone who's considered a tearless person, have cried more that thrice reading these beautiful words. And by 'crying' I mean 'too close to an emotional breakdown to be okay'. Thank you. For being you. x
SN359 chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Oh my god, I feel so sorry and angry on Harry's behalf! There's nothing wrong with him except a case of low self esteem! If the people he dates only care about his looks and performance in bed, I personally find that really shallow. I mean, especially if they loved they would try to help him, wouldn't they, instead of living right after clearly stating the problem.

Sorry, sorry, I don't know why this upset me so much. I'm definitely going to keep reading though.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 17 . 12/11/2014
nice
Guest chapter 17 . 11/30/2014
this was such a beautiful fanfiction omg thank you for gracing us with its presence
ale chapter 17 . 11/26/2014