Reviews for Nothing Like the Sun
LooneyTune chapter 3 . 12/4
This.
Kind of hurt to read.
Like, there was a constant pang in my heart and dread in my stomach.
It actually kind of physically hurt. ***TMI ALERT*** Though, that might be because the dread in my stomach didn't mesh well with the time of the month stuff going on there too...***ALERT OVER***
Still, there is a lingering ache that follows you through the entire story. Or at least as far as I've read.
Draco's reactions to Harry's beliefs, Harry's beliefs themselves, and those moments where you learn alongside Draco just a bit more about Harry's pain. Those parts, I think, might be the cause of this - ugh! - god awful pain.
****TMI ALERT****
On a more personal note, though, period cramps are excruciatingly blegh and I want to go to sleep to run away from them since, for me, they're only a first day thing. Dang story and it's riveting-ness! ;)
****ALERT OVER****
Thanks for a wonderfully thoughtful story that just puts people in some serious bittersweet emotional turmoil. This is getting to be a love-hate relationship. ;]
LooneyTune chapter 1 . 12/3
Those people are rather a bit selfish too, though, don't you think? Frank wants him to move on, but he won't help Harry face it, really, he just tells the poor lad to forget. As if that's easy. Harry just doesn't know a lot of things, he wasn't taught. Ruddy jerks. And Frank's parting words were so mean, as if was blaming Harry!
Yvette chapter 17 . 8/28
I've re-read this story so many times. It's always when I'm in the mood for extreme feels and just pain in my heart. Love this story. 3
CARIBBA chapter 8 . 8/3
if you think about it, in this story this Draco is kinda the opposite of the one at the beginning of Hephaestus.
iridescxnce chapter 17 . 5/12
Oh shut up Frank. I could just hex you!
Sentimentalstories chapter 4 . 4/22
Wow... this os SO EMOTIONAL! And I love it! Love the way you made Harry and Draco as persons. Love all the emotional things. Love how many sides there is for each person. Love the balance between the good and bad feelings. Love the way you write. Love it how this story feels. Can't wait to read more! (And if I hadn't work in an hour, I'd possibly sit down the whole day reading!)
That sex in the chair scene is HOT.
CharmedArtist chapter 17 . 1/17
Perfect, perfect, so utterly PERFECT that I don't even have the words. The love, the tenderness, the patience, Draco and Harry and the utter perfection of how you write - there are just no fitting words. This is, without a doubt, the best Drarry story I've ever read, and up at the very top of the "best of fanfiction" list that resides in my mind. Perfection. Thank you. Thank you so much.
CharmedArtist chapter 3 . 1/17
My God, it's so heartwrenching to hear Harry talk about himself like that so frankly, so baldly, as though it's the most obvious truth in the world, and FEELING Draco's twisting and blankly shocked reaction to it. You're a masterful writer, and I feel so hollow. God. Poor Harry.
Qloe chapter 17 . 12/29/2015
Another interesting story from one of my favourite fan fiction authors, I come back to you again and again.

Your writing style is so unique that halfway into the second chapter I said to myself 'this feels so familiar, the structure feels the same as the Cloak and a Dagger series', which I had just taken a break from reading. And lo and behold it was your name I found at the top of the page.

On that note this story feels like it follows the same principles and plot outline as Cloak and Dagger. As if it's a precursor.
Yes you have a lot of mental dialogue to your fics, to the point where I have to reread an entire chapter to grasp their line of thought, I often have to read your stories when alone, in silence so I can process their thoughts and conversations as if I, myself am saying them, to get the understanding right.
But it brings higher depth to the character, there may not be much physical action but the mental exercise is demanding.
And those are stories that are exciting and thought provoking.
So thank you again! Xx
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
This is good story. Not excellent, but good. I do think you focus too much on what characters are thinking, rather than feeling. Harry, especially, is a very spontaneous character and his mindset is way too cold and calculating, even considering the amount of damage he's received in this story. it's a trait in all your stories, actually. Harry and Draco are always very cold and rather selfish. "What is in it for me" seems to be the constant theme.

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. A very interesting idea that probably was let down by, "way too much talk, not nearly enough action", which again is a theme in your stories. Maybe concentrate less on dialogue, and more on some action. All your characters talk about what they are doing way more than the time they spend actually doing it. They could do with some heavy editing to make them tighter as there are many unnecessary words that fail to add anything to the plot of the story.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/31/2015
This was such a great story
katharina aaron chapter 17 . 8/18/2015
Beautiful fanfiction. I particularly loved the fact that Harry was a victim without being faultless, and that Draco loves him without needing to be oblivious of his flaws. It is also admirable that you kept to the fact that recovery from low self-esteem, emotional and verbal abuse, is not immediate nor easy, despite the fact that it probably made the writing of this story more difficult. I hope you feel as much pleasure while writing your fanfictions as your readers feel while reading them.
fatesinger chapter 17 . 7/22/2015
Doubt you'll see this but great story! Loved it all, flowed well and never got slow. Thanks for sharing your talent!
Mel chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
It was so hard to read through the sad stuff that I had to skip right to the end :(
Even though I didn't make it through the juicy stuff in the middle, my heart aches enough at the end. You're just a twisted and brilliant writer.