Reviews for A Drop In The Ocean
my heart is beating so fast idk if i can handle the rest. one of the best prologue EVER
CopperLex chapter 31 . 1/30
I know I'm quite late jumping on this train...But, geez, that trilogy of stories was amazing! I've taken a break from reading fanfiction (sometimes I let myself get too absorbed in it), and am just stumbling through after a few years. Your stories are so well crafted. I'm in awe.
I've been on the edge of my seat through the whole ordeal. Quickly clicking to the next story and hoping to god that there would be a happy ending!
Minerva made me cry. But it was all so well done. All of the twists felt natural. The craftimg and evolution of the characters, so beautifully organic.
Can't wait to read more of your stories! And if you have any originals out in the universe; feel free to share links, etc.
Thank you for such an exciting journey!
vegetals chapter 31 . 12/26/2017
fucking applause
Guest chapter 31 . 12/2/2017
I have read all 3 stories in 1 week. This story was amazing and had my emotions all over the place. Thank you for writing this.
Guest chapter 31 . 10/17/2017
Absolutely brilliant! You're amazing and I love you, thank you for this gift of a story
Guest chapter 1 . 10/16/2017
Okay, i don't usually review till the end of a story that's complete, but OH. MY. GOD. I had to say SOMETHING cus WOW WHAT AT FIRST CHAPTER that COMPLETELY threw me in totally reeling and I'm SO EXCITED FOR THIS
Freeraven chapter 20 . 9/27/2017
"she didnt even know her husband knew how to make tea." had me about to tears. this whole scene was beautifully written and amazing. i wanted to first get frustrated that u changed character pov without letting us know, then i assumed we were with andy but alas, i was wrong and happily so. ive binged in this trilogy since last friday ans have not stoppes to write a review. my apologies.
thank you for giving away your time and for your diligence in completing this saga. i am truly blessed and in love with every character. the darkness is enticing and no thrills are barred. im always suprised and loving every word!
violette1512 chapter 1 . 9/8/2017
Uuh yey there we go! Causes goosebumps each time
Guest chapter 11 . 6/22/2017
Do you know how much I love Hermione and Andy's friendship in this series? It's so precious, I internally cry of how lovely it is haha. Much love and best wishes -KSR
Guest chapter 8 . 6/22/2017
Ah! I absolutely love the beginning where Andy jokes with Hermione about getting sexual relief haha. I do wonder if both of them remember when they kissed while drunk. It'll be nice to imagine the situation being brought up as they relive the moment. Much love and best wishes -KSR
Reader99 chapter 31 . 4/21/2017
This was a journey, thank you! I love your characters
N. Blackman chapter 31 . 4/16/2017
So, this is the first time I've had to leave a review on my own story, however since I cannot PM someone I will leave a simple explanation to a previous review. One said review states in basic terms that I've created an impossible strong OC. For anyone previously reading reviews before reading the story I don't wish to spoil it but the reviewer is in correct. Something they would have realised if they actually finished the story. #spoiler# The OC character known as Alex goes by a fake name and is in fact a JK character.

Also in regards to the declaring Hermione and Bellatrix the most powerful witches, this is a third person story. That follows both Hermione and Bellatrix it is still told in their POV. They will declare themselves the strongest doesn't necessarily mean they are. Also given Alex character and the fact sje doesn't exist in technical terms one cannot include them when counting the strongest witches. The whole point of Alex is a simple one that is explained in the story.

I appreciate all reviews and feedback, none the less please actually read the story before reviewing. You've taken time to write a long winded review, where you could have skipped a few chapter to understand everything. I hate OC as much as the next which is why I try to limit their existence unless necessary. Also most my stories are written so you don't know the answers until near the end. Thank you.
Endymion77 chapter 23 . 4/16/2017
Having read 63 chapters so far, between this and the two earlier stories in the chain, I'm sorry to say that I won't be reading further.

I'm not one to write negative reviews for their own sake, and I would not take this as one per se, but I think it's only fair to you, as an author, for me to share why I've made this decision. Having taken writing courses, I know how important feedback is, beyond the 99% positive reviews. I hope you take this in that spirit, as I believe your stories have excellent potential.

In this chapter, you've now revealed that Alex, your Original Character, has somehow, without magic (per your own details so far), defeated Bellatrix during the first wizarding war, when she was at her strongest, pre-Azkaban. The preposterousness of this situation is apparent on it's face, but I'll explain anyway.

You've set up, through your stories, that Hermione and Bellatrix are basically the two strongest witches in the world, especially a pre-Azkaban Bella, which she is again as of this chapter. You've now made it to where your seemingly indestructible OC can somehow easily defeat Bella. Alex calling Bella "sapling"? You really believe that any form of Bellatrix Black would stand for that? Based on your own build-up of the character, you've instantly undermined half of your pairing, if for no other reason than you're undermining Bella to boost Alex.

You've now created an OC so powerful and prescient up until this point that there's no purpose to the climax of your story, as the OC could handle things more easily than your protagonists. Put another way, if Alex can defeat Bella, then why does Bella need to help solve anything? Alex, or at most Alex and Hermione, can run off and save the world.

I understand the draw to make strong OC's. I get that, as a plot device, they're a powerful tool. That's also why they're a trap. Not only can they quickly lead to Mary Sue issues, but they overshadow and undermine the characters that are supposed to be the focus of your story. Indeed, after reading fanfic for over twenty years, I can safely say that over 80% of fanfic featuring OC's fall into this trap.
Mari Skywalker chapter 31 . 3/23/2017
So I have finally managed to finish reading this A drop in the ocean. I cannot tell you how much I loved the trilogy and how much your stories have affected me (my life?). I am actually sitting here, heartbroken I have finished. It's been more than three years...and I know I'm gonna miss it, I'm gonna miss it like I miss my best friend. Anyway, I wish I could express something other than my own feelings in regards to this, something critical and intelligent but I cant because I'm too overwhelmed. I just want to ask you to never stop writing. You are fantastic, you are truly gifted and talented. I would even like to fund or sponsor you, so if you have something of a sort please let me know. I'll devour your other stories right now because I don't think I can cope with the separation anxiety from your writing.

P.S.: Your Bella & Hermione versions are canon, no one can tell me otherwise.

Thank you so much.
DaVinci99 chapter 31 . 2/25/2017
I have just finished reading the whole caught in time series - took about 3 days! And it was fricking AWESOME! You never cease to AMAZE me! It was sooooo good, I have been left absolutely speechless, I'm in awe at the thought, planning, dedication, imagination, care and time you put into this! Thank you so much for writing this amazing series! :D