Reviews for MAR 03 2013 00:00
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
good story
Spaar chapter 1 . 2/4/2015
Good lordie lou that was amazing. Such a spot on representation of the peeps in the story. Bout to plow through Camera Loves You like nobody's business. Really swell job with pacing and narrative voice, and PS: the tense swapping didn't bother me at all. :)
Shizukinek chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Tiene un del Diaria de Lara? seria muy interesante tanto como este, amo su redacción, sus contextos y como maneja la personalidad de cada personaje :D
Stochastics chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
How do you manage to make a batch of random journal entries so entertaining? I mean, I enjoyed the ones in the game, but they were spread out across a game rather than being all together. And, as much as I enjoyed the ones in the game, these were better. I love them and I honestly wish there was more of it. I do realize your time is limited, so getting more journal entries like this would give you less time to work on your other stuff, so I don't know if I'd want to take away from that. Though the fact that I would consider it says a lot about how well you did the journal style.

One thing I noted is that, in the game, Sam notes in a journal entry about Whitman that "He might be a total pain in the ass, but he knows how to work a scene," so it's probably not accurate to say that he's wooden in front of the cameras. Though, granted, with the way he acts in the game and the pre-game comic? I could definitely see the wooden pompous ass being more likely.

That's just a tremendously minor nitpick, though. Everything else was total perfection. Once again, everything from Sam and Lara come to me in my head as though they were voice-acted, as your wording remains spot-on. As much as I'm sure everyone realizes that it's not going to happen, people are right when they say that you'd do an amazing job if you were able to be the writer for the next Tomb Raider games. (I recently started following your tumblr and it seems that the suggestion has come up multiple times. I don't really blame people for fantasizing about that. It'd be pretty neat.)

It would have been pretty interesting if Lara had found some of these entries on the island along with the ones in the actual game. Some just because they'd be really nice character building pieces to include (and vastly entertaining in many cases), and some because they'd probably lead to awkward conversations when things calmed down later. Very interesting conversations, but doubtless awkward conversations. Although a few of them I have to wonder if they would go over Lara's head, even if not the player in such a hypothetical alternate universe where these were in the game.
birthofthecool chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Up until reading this, I wasn't even sure if Sam really was in love with Lara before the events at Yamatai, guess that's clear now.

I haven't found the time now, for a while to catch up on my fanfiction reading, but I'm glad I did today.
It was as enjoyable as ever. Keep it up!
Teenslayer chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
LOVED IT! Sam really had it bad, so glad that her feelings are being returned now. I'm not sure I would be completely comfortable being totally topless next to my best friend, but maybe this just goes to show how close they really are. And, of course it makes for lots of subtexty fun ;).

"Hi, future self. I hope you've actually grown some balls by now." -haha, its adorable how blunt Sam is.

And this.. LOL: "I'm totally not going to make a closet joke about where she's stuck us, I'm not. FML." - I ACTUALLY LOL'd
Darth Luffy chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Great story, I meant to review this forever ago but kinda forgot. Anyways you do a great job of showing of Sam's view of things and keeping everyone in character, as well a pretty decent job of mixing in the funny scenes, the serious scenes, and the "let's torture Sam with topless Lara" while still keeping them believable. the ending was pretty funny to, all I could think was that Lara just friendzoned Sam, except Lara wouldn't even know what that actually means.

Anyways, great story and I'd love to see you write more, maybe Lara's viewpoint in the same time span or Sam's after she is rescued would be interesting
Seamok chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Very nicely written with believable characterisation. I could totally see Lara and Sam doing the things they did in here. I really liked how you portray their relationship. Amongst the first and without doubt the best Lara / Sam I've read thus far and I'll be checking your other fics with a keen interest.
AQA473 chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Everyone's said this story is great and your writing is excellent and I agree so I won't waste time stating that. However, you could spend more time revising. I always find typos in your work (happens to me all the time so I know that's what it'll take to fix it).

I would like to say that, while your other Tomb Raider pieces are beyond amazing, this one stands out. It correlates so seamlessly with both the game and your epic that it feels canon. On top of that, it's like looking at fine art. It doesn't just correlate with the previously mentioned items, but it also connects with specific points within itself. Different entries of Sam's journal make references, relevant references, to previous entries in very subtle and realistic ways that make the events of that entry that much more believable. As a writer, I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm not sure if you did, but it looks like you did enough research about these events to make it fit perfectly. I'd say it's a job well done.

One issue, though: there are at least three other crew members I know of with names and they make appearances in both the main story and the multiplayer. Reading that this was to be about the time before the wreck, I was hoping for more with the crew barely seen in-game. You did a good job with the guy holding the camera but it would have been nice to get more of that. It may have had to be lengthened to fit those in but I'm just throwing in my two cents. For your credit, though, I'll admit that keeping the entries to speaking about the main characters and relevant events made it more concise. The finished product still feels complete (minus typos) and it feels natural with both your story and the game.

Anyway, that's all I had to say After all, these are reviews, not comments. I can't help but feel like people have forgotten that this website is also here to make better writers.
zubba chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Avarenda chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
So, you've got before and after TR down really well. it would be really awesome to see the evolution of Lara and Sam during as well. If anyone can actually write it decently, you can.
trixiaaaa chapter 1 . 5/13/2013

Your Sam is so lovable and cute asfdggshjkl
I love you soooo much for this, Asy. :3 now go write more ;p
OdicHastings chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
When I received the email notification of this story it confused the crap out of me, "She published this on the 3rd!? Why did I just now get the email?". I look the month again, March. I'm like, "Wait... What?" Then of course I remember the email contains the name of your story not the date it was published.

Felt like a goof.

Anywho, all in all a good read. I certainly enjoyed it. I think you may have forgotten to put a complete tag on this one.
G3n3ralRedfield chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Goddamnit! I'm supposed to be doing some writing myself but instead I'm reading more of your stuff...I'm totally blaming you...I have no idea how exactly reading your stuf is stopping me but I'm pretty sure that must be it! Not that I think you should stop, far from it in fact... Write more! I'll tell people my hands fell off or something...yeah they'll buy that, happy days :D!
LonelyLycanthrope chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
This is actually amazing,really do hope you continue it into something more!