Reviews for Graduating Divergence
studyofchaos chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
Please continue this is a great story. Just enough tease to keep us wanting more. Hopefully you'll write it soon. Thanks.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
the people are going to argue over the will
Starway Man chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
Good to see another chapter of this story! Thanks for the acknowledgment in the author notes, and I loved the "G-dawg" reference. Always cracks me up when Xander tries to sound cool like that (and fails). And that was an interesting analysis you presented in Xander's letter! Not sure everyone will agree with it, but oh well. And hmm, Xander and Anne Steele? Not a combination you see too often, well done on being novel there! As for the rest of it, I've seen Xander as a Lost Boy before (heck, I've done it once or twice in my own fics) - but it's a transition that makes sense to me, if you abandon Sunnydale and the whole Scooby Gang thing. And I'm looking forward to seeing Cordelia and Doyle in the next chapter! I'm assuming there's no 'Doyle Investigations' here, right? Given Cordy's mindset, she'd insist on 'Chasers For Hire' or something like that. Hope you update soon!
poorasdirt chapter 3 . 4/11/2014
This story is pretty cool, you should do a section about Angel adjusting to being a human again. I'd imagine somethings would be strange after being a vampire so long. I'd also think it'd be interesting if say Buffy ended up pregnant or with Angel's kid since he went so long without having to worry about that when sleeping with someone, that could be were Conner comes in. Also playing on the slightly more observant Giles you should have him check up on Willow's dabbling, perhaps use his connections to get her a teacher who catches her addiction before it becomes too much of a problem or maybe even lets it happen for some plan or other to take over the world. As for Xander perhaps you should have one of the powers, like Janus, take an interest in him since he so easily derailed so many plans and diverted so many prophecies. Perhaps make him into a champion of chaos or something. Also it'd be interesting to see Xander show back up in Sunnydale for a bit only to find Dawn without remembering her like the others do, have him do the digging to find out about Glory and see where that leads. Just some suggestions.
Emelan chapter 3 . 4/9/2014
This story was really cool. Pretty original plot as well. I'll be checking for any updates and other stories you might write.
NarutosBrat chapter 3 . 4/3/2014
Not really interested in playing, but I do find myself wondering how they'll stop Willow if that whole Warren shoots Tara thing happens.
DragonGod926 chapter 3 . 6/4/2013
Well, Buffy's 18 at this point so Angel being in his 20's is moot point now. Still wrong as far as I'm concerned. Angel, well really Liam was a total waste of space...a young Tony Harris. You could have Angel slip back into that personality now that he's not powerful or special anymore. Xander would kick Angel's ass now.
aizen the III chapter 3 . 5/26/2013
I like where this is going
Starway Man chapter 3 . 5/25/2013
Thanks for the personal message! It's much appreciated. Plus nice chapter, my favourite line was Buffy's, 'Don't. You. DAREā€¦!' I was actually expecting her to attack Whistler at that point, simply unable to prevent herself from doing that, but it's good to see Slay-gal does have some self-restraint. And the cameo appearances from Holland, Cyvus Vail, Sahjhan, and Doyle were a nice tease, I must admit. Still, the shanshu prophecy and related actions are indefinitely postponed? I wasn't expecting that...

As for where Xander goes, I'm assuming Oxnard at first, and the Fabulous Ladies Night Club. Assuming he doesn't go back to Sunnydale, there are any number of scenarios that could play out - including teaming up with Doyle and saving Cordelia from Russell Winters, if Jasmine wants to keep all her options open. Speaking of which, if Angel no longer qualifies as the vampire with a soul - would it be a feasible scenario if Willow cursed Spike that way once he gets the Gem of Amarra, as a possible solution to a vampire problem? If so, that would cause Dru to do...what?

As for your questions, I'll give my opinions based on what I recall was happening during 1999: Wesley, I suspect he'll lose an arm hunting that Kungai demon, if what was shown in the Birthday-verse episode was at all accurate. Cordelia is much more likely to get a menial job somewhere than become a TV star, what with her lack of acting talent. Doyle would never have attended the bachelor party for Richard Howard Straley if Angel wasn't there. And Jasmine's mother is FRED? How does she get the visions, a farewell kiss from Doyle? Any chance you'll also bring back Vamp Willow from the Wish-verse just before she was dusted, in order to become Connor's mother?

Anyway, I hope we see a continuation to this story, either from you or someone who answers your challenge. It deserves nothing less!
Starway Man chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
Interesting premise, and divergence from the show. It seems like Xander and Angel will follow different paths than what we saw from the end of season 3 onwards, looking forward to seeing where you take this next.
ronin504 chapter 2 . 5/15/2013
Not bad so far. It's good to see Giles noticing things that he let slip through the cracks in the show.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Nicely done! Keep it up
Rc1212 chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Well this is an interesting story.

I look forward to seeing where this goes!
ronin504 chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Interesting premiss, I can't wait to see where you go with it.