Reviews for The Shimmering Glass
FortuneFaded2012 chapter 4 . 5/6/2014
I finally got the chance to read this! Very nicely done. I quite enjoyed the adventure aspect and it was interesting meeting the other characters.
hpdude-4life chapter 4 . 1/9/2014
That was a beautiful ending. I like how you didn't kill of the Snow Queen, and reminded us that she would be back to her old tricks again and that the spring would fade back into winter. I don't remember what the original story said but I thought keeping it realistic was important.
Love for Johanna and Cinna. Lol at her breaking out like every other day.
Everlark :)
hpdude-4life chapter 3 . 1/9/2014
No! No, no no! Just when she was getting close!
DX
Loved Finnick and Annie.
hpdude-4life chapter 2 . 1/9/2014
THAT SNOW QUEEN B*TCH!
hpdude-4life chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
The Snow Queen! I remember this book in primary school! And you're doing an amazing job (Y)
vertical chapter 4 . 1/4/2014
This is great! I can really see the connection between this story and The Snow Queen! I was looking through your stories and this particular one intrigued me; I really love the fairytale that you based this on. But then my sister came in the room, and she demanded the computer from me. There was a series of shouts and death threats before I finally got my hands on it. It was so worth it. A wonderful story, beautifully written; killing the favorite button now.
carpolean chapter 4 . 12/1/2013
Can't believe I hadn't read this. So, so, so beautifully written. This review is totally inadequate but you truly did an amazing job with this story. Perfection.
jmlopez24 chapter 4 . 11/28/2013
Beautifully written. Loved it. :)
kikaincognito chapter 4 . 10/26/2013
So, here is where I make my confession to you, my friend: when Ashley announced this writing challenge, I wanted SO badly to write my own version of this very story. I thought the parallel of the boy turning cold from the glass in his eye and Peeta's hijacking, and then of course, to Katniss risking everything to bring him back when everyone told her it was fruitless was simply too, too perfect. Alas, Ashley scheduled the challenge for the week of my wedding, and I was in the tail end of writing AtRF and beginning FaB, and it quite obviously never happened.

I am SO glad those factors came together here and that I never attempted writing something like this - because you absolutely nailed it. I think maybe one of the reasons why it took me so long to read this is because I was maybe, sort of, just a tiiiiiiiny bit jealous you came to this idea first, but that is so petty and stupid of me let's forget that and focus on the fact that you wrote simply the most beautiful, fantastical, epically lovely story with this. Departure from your norm or not, this is perfection. I shouldn't have expected any less from you, of course.

Hands down, this is one of my Top Ten Favorites. Not that that should surprise anyone, since so is the masterful woman behind it.

Love you madly, S. Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing such a perfect tale.
kikaincognito chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
Finn and Annie are the PERFECT fairy godparents! Excellent choice! Ahhhh I'm so ensorceled by this, S! It's simply gorgeous!

Onto the last!
kikaincognito chapter 2 . 10/24/2013
Sooooo stunning. I could see it all perfectly.

Seriously, my friend. I shouldn't have gone so long before reading this story!
kikaincognito chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
I've literally had this in my queue to read since the Fairy Tale challenge, but I am the slowest, lamest reader ever. I should have know it would be so freaking beautiful and lovely that it'd just totally blow me away. And it already had.

Ugh. Just SO beautiful, lady.
TitanNegro chapter 2 . 7/4/2013
The fall,and the witc- I mean Queen.
TitanNegro chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Huh,never tought I would see this one,I'll keep reading,one of my favorites,Peeta as Kai huh?and the only way for Katniss to be sweet and them to be neighboors was this one,I agree,for her to have the chance to be the girl that the kid in red dress should become...
Lgwater27 chapter 4 . 5/22/2013
Yay I'm so glad there was a happy ending! Thanks so much for sharing your story, I really liked it!