Reviews for The Great Escape
WhiteEagle1985 chapter 1 . 8/19
An amazing one-shot here!
SaiyaCat chapter 1 . 8/2
That was Awsome!
noylj chapter 1 . 5/27
Why would even a half-wit try to compete and how can someone be unwillingly under a contract they did not do anything to sign up for
If hermy had a working brain cell, she would have looked these things up
Nice story
The great thing about heading to Australia or New Zealand... or possibly any other southern hemisphere countries, is that their Summer is December, January, February with school ending in late November, early December and starting in Early February.
It means they would be starting at the same time as the rest of the students and not partway through the year like they would if they went to Durmstrange or Beauxbations. (not that it was an option here but the could have gone to America or something which follows similar start/end dates as Britain and Europe.)
Alsaka chapter 1 . 5/1
Amazing and beautiful.
eagle eye chapter 1 . 4/17
OMG THANK YOU thakn you thank you for making a fic that finally FINALLY lets Harry get the free happy ending he deserves. No, not free as in undeserved and handed to him, free as in out from under the thumbs of meddling old tossers and nay-sayers. Bless you for this. I'm mighty happy!
Stephanie MRV chapter 1 . 3/30
i am so happy for them. and the whipped cream. hahahahahaha
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 3/17
Very satisfying! :)
roon0 chapter 1 . 2/14
Wonderful story, just my kind of thing.
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
I was SHOCKED that I hadn't reviewed this story before, considering all the times I've read it. For me, it is one of the seminal 'dealing with the Tri Wizard right', fictions.

You took canon and built on it quite logically, from Hermione's support, Harry's realization of his feelings for her, back at the end of PoA and the decoding of Harry's time in Hogwarts. To any who might contend with the last, remember that Dumbledore confesses it to Snape and Harry learns of it in Snape's memories in DH.

Ringing in Vecter's help was a fine idea, as was her romance with Remus. With allies inside and outside of Hogwarts, the escape plan can be put easily into place. H&H becoming betrothed for her protection is a longstanding trope that you use well.

Harry communicating with the dragon is also a traditional trope you use well here, with some twists of your own. The first task scene goes well and then they're home free.

The finale is nice. I have no problem with Horcrux/Hallows-free stories.

All in all, a superior job. Thanks!

TGM
GeorgeTobor chapter 1 . 12/4/2016
About time the ICW did something.
Voldemort would shatter the Statute of Secrecy.
I figure Dumbledore kept the ICW ignorant and stupid in canon.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 12/3/2016
Fumbledore is a lot like Obama he pretends to have an outward personality but inside he wants national socialism forced if necessary.

Now they want to have *media literacy* classes that will brainwash kids into accepting only mainstream media news and nothing else.

Reason why is the MSM is having super low ratings after the blunders like Benghazi which is WAY worse then the stupid email scandal thing and it's the issue that should be focused on.

Not to mention the illegal use of drones to kill American citizens. No way would Bush ever allowed it on Americans.

He might on international grounds but never in the USA no matter how crazy he is.

Obama is a modern day NAZI and some schools forced children to sing songs about him. One song went something like "Mmm Mmmm Obama!" and was played on Conservative radio talk hosts at the time.
Rune Tobor chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
You ignored the prophecy and the horcruxes.
Which is OK with me.
But if you had not ignored the horcruxes at least then Tom could have come back multiple times and totally destroyed the British Wizarding World.

I wanted more death and destruction!

The number of worthwhile wizards and witches in Britain can be counted on my fingers!

Luna, Neville, Bill, Charlie, and perhaps Arthur...
Bronze chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
This is exactly what Harry SHOULD do! Yeah, there are a lot of good people in Britain but when most of the school turned their backs on him in second year and again in fourth year, what real reason did he have for staying? Add in the Daily Prophet and there's more reason for leaving then staying! To me, this story isn't a what if, it's more a why he didn't! I mean, if every year I had to fight for my life and save the whole damn school, I'd leave so fast there' be a sonic boom from the air rushing in to fill the vacuum of the air I displaced leaving! If I was going to tell a news paper, I'd tell the Quibbler. I might also try with the DMLE if it was run by Madam Bones. She's honest unlike most of the rest of the ministry. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about all those under her. So as I said this is exactly what Harry should've done as soon as his name came out of the cup. Of course to really piss of Fumblebrain and screw with his plans, all Harry had to do was exit the tent, cross the start line and choose a seat. If you remember, he was told that if he didn't get the egg he couldn't continue. Thus taking a seat till time ran out would of gotten him out of the triwizards after the first task. Then he could throw his support behind Cedric. But it would've been much smarter to just get the hell out of England altogether. As I've said before Fumblebrain is a coward. He'll let anyone die in the order just as long as it isn't him.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2016