Reviews for Firestorm
Matsuki Sakata chapter 1 . 2/6
The summary REALLY reminds me of Archer in Fate Stay Night.
mene77 chapter 9 . 12/21/2014
I like the D-ranks you wrote. It's hilarious. Good characterization as well.
vincent1875 chapter 9 . 12/9/2014
I would say Sakura's A ranked at best. She has raw power but not the skill to back it up. Put her up against a proper S ranker and she'd never land an attack. Maybe against Hidan and I don't count him. She doesn't have the taijutsu skill or speed to make herself truly dangerous.

I would say that as of yet Sakura hasn't matched Sasuke's accomplishments or growth rate if he's really mastered four elements already. Remember elements are suppose to take ten years to master. Sasuke mastered lightning in two weeks(while also training his taijutsu so that it looked like he was on par with unweighted Lee). There's a short list of people who have mastered all the elements by skill alone and they're all S ranking prodigies. Orochimaru, Tobirama, Hashirama, Hiruzen, and Kakashi. Sasuke putting forty years of training into five years is more impressive than Sakura getting down four years of basics in three years. Sasuke is seen as being more talented and/or having more potential than people like Orochimaru, Itachi, Madara, and Nagato. His main problem in canon was a lack of guidance. He trained himself after his family died(still managed to stay ahead of the clan kids who had people to teach them) and Kakashi didn't really train them unless his students were in danger of being killed.

Anyway good story so far. Also Chiyo is an awesome female in Naruto.
vincent1875 chapter 8 . 12/9/2014
Sasuke being an entitled brat is fanon. He's more selfish than entitled. He doesn't demand Kakashi teach him things or anything of the sort. He'll take what you give him and if he thinks you're holding him back he'll do what he wants to fulfill his goals regardless of how it affects others. He doesn't demand things be given to him but he'll chase after his goals with a single-minded determination.

The problem is that we don't see that many ridiculously powerful shinobi who are in the shadows. ANBU and Danzo(who's pretty much ANBU) are the only powerful shinobi that aren't high ranking. Actually Danzo is pretty high ranking(just isn't well known) and ANBU still seem to be promoted.
vincent1875 chapter 7 . 12/9/2014
Was Sasuke all that arrogant before the Cursed Seal? It's not like he's the one that attacked jounin and Sannin head on. I also wouldn't call ineptitude a psychological problem.

There's a tread of Sakura being weak and lazy in taijutsu in fanon because it's entirely canon. Look at her stats. Her taijutsu skill is one, her speed is one, her stamina is one, and her strength is half a point. In comparison Naruto's skill in taijutsu was one point five, speed was two, strength was two, and stamina was four. She's less skilled in taijutsu than Naruto. Her fighting style was exactly as you saw in the fight against Ino. The academy basics with basic taijutsu skills thrown in. Sakura didn't master a new taijutsu style either. Her skill in taijutsu after the time skip is rated as a three. That's not mastery. Tsunade is a master. Sakura has chunnin level skill. The same as Hinata during the Sasuke retrieval arc but with far better strength, speed, and stamina.

Sakura against the Sound Team? She set up traps and so had the terrain advantage. Even then she only mildly hurt one.

Sakura is never considered the best kunoichi. That's fanon. Ino was the best kunoichi in their class. In fact Ino had the highest grades overall in their class because Sasuke didn't do well on teamwork tests.
vincent1875 chapter 6 . 12/9/2014
You keep telling yourself that. Hinata's defensive jutsu is filler nonsense and she never improved faster than Neji. More likely Neji started hitting the limits of his potential and she caught up somewhat. Not everyone is Naruto and Sasuke with godly levels of potential and can keep improving steadily for years on end. In the war when the rookie nine were showing off their new ultimate jutsu what does Hinata do? The Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms. Something Neji could do as a genin. They're nowhere near as talented.

Guy? High A rank my behind. He's the most powerful shinobi loyal to Konoha at the time. Kishi had to have him out of the village when Nagato attacked so that he didn't put him down.

It's interesting to note that Sasuke actually does have some fuinjutsu skills in canon. He had those wrist summoning seals, he made that seal that allowed Suigetsu to summon Manda, and he created a seal to do the opposite of Kakashi's that released Anko's cursed seal.

Also wasn't Ino top of their class overall? What's up with her not taking things seriously?

Good story so far.
vincent1875 chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
The limitations of fuinjutsu are the skill and power of the person using it. For example Tobirama and Minato can use the Flying Thunder God and zip around a battlefield as much as they like. But Minato's personal guard(Genma, Raido, and whatshisface) can only preform the jutsu together. They can't use it alone despite knowing it for at least 17 years. Note that most shinobi only use basic fuinjutsu like sealing scrolls and explosive tags. Only S class shinobi, those close to it, or those seemingly specifically trained in it(like Minato's guards or medical shinobi) do anything special with it. It's obviously something you have to have talent for and only S class shinobi like Chiyo, Danzo, and Minato use it effectively(by themselves) in combat.

I'd view fuinjutsu as being written ninjutsu. Basically the same thing but preforming the handseals would take too long and be too unreliable so they write it out.
Tamani chapter 9 . 7/21/2014
love it, I just hope that one day you will continue to write this fanfiction. If you do i will write a more detailed review (or PM me if you are curious about my inner workings)

But I started this fic today and finished it, so that speaks something for how much I like it. Really interesting take off of cannon. Love kakashi, I personally love that everyone thinks that he is a fake XD
SlightlySociopathic chapter 9 . 6/8/2014
I really like this, it is a joy to read.
Akatsuki Yume chapter 9 . 6/2/2014
Update soon :D
kffs chapter 8 . 5/25/2014
Super well thought out, fun story.

Hope inspiration strikes you soon.

Thanks for writing!
Fandoulli chapter 7 . 4/27/2014
This is awesome! I love your writing style. One of my favorite SIs yet.
Aki no hikari chapter 5 . 4/24/2014
I kinda want to know how Sasuke reacted to Konohamaru coming to live with Naruto... an idea for a side fic perhaps? Good job with this one, by the way.
Luana LS chapter 9 . 4/17/2014
The story so far seems promising. I particularly like his comments, his remarks about the anime. These pearls, sometimes in the middle of the text as an observation of character, sometimes given a more direct way, lead me to analyze their Opinions and compare with mine. In these last chapters liked the light touch of humor you gave. Thanks for writing!
Aki no hikari chapter 9 . 4/9/2014
I really enjoyed this so far and I hope you continue it soon.