Reviews for The King is Dead... Long Live the King
Graci Satchell chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Yusuke Urameshi - Mazoku chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I normally don't read stories where Bruce dies (because I liike to fool myself into thinking he's immortal) but this was long, interesting, and well written so I couldn't resist this one-shot!
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
Technically, they are right. Terry wasn't in Bat-business for too long. His fighting skills are not as impressive as Bruce's, he is not as brilliant detective as Bruce was etc.

But Dick/Barbara/Tim had no right to kill Batman. They hanged their capes, and all these years they tried to convince themselves that it's good decision. If they really cared about Terry, they'd think about Justice League. JL could give Terry everything - from trainings to equipment. But all they wanted is to get rid of Batman.

Terry was very convincing, and I'm glad that he decided to call for Superman.
Rangerfan58 chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
wait so does this mean Terry is still Batman but has decided to join the League full time possibly?
Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
I have to say that I was conpletly on Terry's side. Very well written though, wow
Undead American chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Good work. Concise, but intense. I usually don't like fics that are
NoAvailableData chapter 1 . 3/21/2004
This my friend, I must say, is one of the most amazing Batman Beyond stories I have ever read. The detail and word choice you use is so outstounding it's obvious you have some serious talent. I do hope you continue to write and I look forward to reading some of your other works. Once again, amazing story. I just wish all the other writers on this site, (including myself) were as talented as you are. Great job.
koolkame chapter 1 . 12/1/2003
Great story! I was actually surprised to see Superman appear but I should have known better. Who else could he call on for help? Though you said no sequel, I can't help but wonder what joining the Justice League would mean for Terry. Moving away from Gotham? Transferring to a new school? No pressure, though.
Oh I know this one It''s.uuuummmm chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
I liked this. it was well done and beautifully writen. I'm not sure I like the idea of Bruce dying *shuder* but still enjoyed this.
Dark Soul 7 chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
An excellent story, true to the characters and with an surprising ending.
Steven Galloway chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Yam, first, let me apologize for taking so long to read your fic. Now, let me tell you that I liked this story very much. It stayed within the parameters of the cartoon, and I enjoyed the way you took the story from seemingly hopeless to hopeful. Liked the Superman insert, here. In a strange way, it only seems very natural that Supes should've been included in the end. Very good work, sir!
Morrolan chapter 1 . 10/18/2002
This is sooooo good. You should write a sequel to it. I'm adding it to my favorite stories list.
kazokuhouou chapter 1 . 10/4/2002
Genius! He can be Batman in the Justice League! Genius!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
I've always loved Batman stories, ever since I read Year One years and years ago - a friend had a leatherbound copy. This had that same adult tinge of seriousness, of impending life decisions. Nice work.
rugrat0357 chapter 1 . 9/17/2002
This puts a diffrent spin on the what if of when bruce dies. I really like the argument / meeting that they had. An the fact that you had Terry think ahead, and invite Superman. Alot of stories that I've read don't actually point out that he has that ability. I agree that the last part of the story is quite a bit too tidy, at least for a bat fic, but it doesn't detract from the story too much. Keep up the good work I hope to see more from you in the future. ~Stancy McKatt