Reviews for Bannon & Zevran Bk I: Origins Ch3: Partners in Crime
Ventisquear chapter 21 . 11/21/2014
Aww, Bannon is again so cute! Doubting if Zev is really attracted to him, mild jealousy towards Leliana... perfect.

'that k-word'? Alistair! It's not a naughty word, you know. But, he'll get used to it... eventually. Training actually isn't a bad idea, although Bannon is also right. At least Eamon seems to be more pragmatic and reasonable than in the game. :D
Ventisquear chapter 20 . 11/21/2014
So much to love in this chapter... I loved Bannon's um... creative way to deal with Kolgrim. What does it say of me that I laughed and cheered when the dragon roasted him? .

Leliana's talk with Eirik was interesting, and I liked how you balanced Leliana - Chantry sister and Leliana - pragmatic bard, when she reminded Eirik he needed the guards. :D

And then the boots and the kiss. :D Bannon was so cute, insecure as he was, trying to find excuses and reasons... Alistair and Morrigan deserved to have their ears pulled at least, though. (I'd say they deserved to be spanked, but I'm sure they'd missinterprete that .)
eatenbydragons chapter 21 . 9/28/2014
Hehe, jealous Bodahn. Teach him to jack up his prices the way he does.

Aww. But it’s a cute little demon, Morrigan.

Oh, man. That was quite the talk with Eamon. I like how Cousland was brought in. At the time, they don’t know what’s happened entirely with the Cousland family, only that something went horribly wrong, and then there is that brother that got lost in the swamps if you play the Human Noble version.

Poor Alistair. Interesting how he wants to fight so badly, is willing to risk his life, but king? No no no, can’t be king. It’s kind of like how public speaking is a greater fear than death on surveys of fears.

And while I do feel for Alistair, it’s not like any of the Grey Warden stories gives the character a real choice in joining. Almost no one has a choice in what they will be: Eamon, Teagan, Wynne, Sten, Zevran. They’re born into a position or have that chosen for them by more powerful forces. Interesting how a few characters can escape the path made for them and others choose or accept the path made for them.

I loved Bannon’s thoughts at the shem after the sparring match. That’s right, jerk! Wait until the darkspawn come and you need a pair of elves around.

Is that… yes? Glistening? A glistening elf?
::swoons::

Zevran’s self depreciating humor is wasted on Bannon.
"An ogre against two Grey Wardens, I can believe. And Alistair, accidentally setting fire to a tower while you are still in it? That, too.” Had to laugh. At least Rav set the fire on purpose.
Zevran, get the money up front for that contract.

Nice exit!
VixenOfTheWolves chapter 21 . 9/27/2014
Aww poor Bannon. He needs a hug. From Zevran. XD

Great uh... Chapter? Segment? Story? Whatever, all of the above. I look forward to the next one. D
ShebasDawn chapter 21 . 9/27/2014
I really enjoyed this chapter, and how Bannon handled Sten at the end. If Alistair *does* end up king, I hope he becomes more mature - I know that's not canon, but your story can go any which way. That's what I like about it. :D I really like the uncertainty Bannon has about Zevran's attraction to him, too. I can't wait to see what happens next. Are you starting a new story for the next part? When do you think it will be out?
olivegbg chapter 21 . 9/27/2014
Yes guys, killing Flemeth is a really good idea -not!
frankiemg chapter 20 . 9/24/2014
i only discovered bannon and zevran a few weeks ago ( via Airam) and have very much enjoyed reading about them i hope part 4 will be posted soon.
Bloodsong 13T chapter 20 . 9/22/2014
Dear Guest;

thanks for writing! :) it makes me happy to know you are enjoying the story so much. thank you for the compliments. i enjoy writing, and i do take it seriously, even if i'm not getting paid. ;)

also remember, when you are writing a review, there's a space... i forget where, above or below it, where it says 'Guest' - you can put your name there. or a nickname, your internet name, your initials, whatever you like. :)

and i do try to respond to guest/anonymous reviews here, too. thanks for reading!
Guest chapter 20 . 9/22/2014
Alright, I just wanted to say that I've been reading your Bannon Zevran saga since the 5th chapter of the second part (3rd if you count the Prologue). And even if I don't comment on it (don't have an account, so I can't Fav/Follow either, obviously) I just wanted you to know that you are doing a great piece of art writing this. I mean, it's not like I'm obsesive with Tabris/Zevran romance (even if I am, sometimes xD), but the way you write is getting better and better with every chapter. Glad to know has authors that really get into writing their FFs as if they where international novels. It makes reading a lot more enjoyable.

Gess I just wanted to say thank you for writing what I never could but wanted regardless, and that I am sure that a lot of people don't comment on it for pure lazyness, just like me xDD

PD: Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my mother lenguage.
eatenbydragons chapter 20 . 9/20/2014
Ahhahah! I’m an accessory to murder by conversation. :D Or I’m a murder muse. Love it!

That story of you and your cousin is awesome. I’m starting to understand some of your Bannon inspiration.

Hoist the cultists on their own petard, so to speak? Very nice, Bannon.

I like your take on the cultists, particularly with Leliana’s conversation with Eirik. Her dialogue there is impressive, persuasive yet with that poetic touch that’s such a part of her character. And I LOVE that she’s having this oh so civilized discussion with him tied to a chair.
“‘More tea, Father?’
‘Please.’
She reached over and lifted his cup to his lips, since he was tied securely to his chair.”

OMG, Zevran! Even when he’s getting his ear pulled, he comes out on top. He is priceless in this chapter! Love how he teases Alistair, and yeah, I never get tired of that either. ;D

I really like Wynne in the murder conversation. So often people are so focused on their convictions and arguing their own side, they rarely reflect in the middle of a conversation, if at all (don’t look at me!). It says a lot about Wynne that she would grasp a truth as quickly as she did and more so that she would thank Bannon for changing her mind. I really liked that. Says a lot about her intellectual honesty.

!

A kiss (very nice, btw), and then Bannon’s interior monologue, and… ah! You tease! Waiting all this time to see the two finally get somewhere, and it’s just enough to get my hopes up, and then… chapter ends. Gah! Next chapter? Maybe? Or more teasing? This is torture.

::munches popcorn::

I hope it lasts.
shom chapter 20 . 8/31/2014
That was fun!
ShebasDawn chapter 20 . 8/30/2014
Yay! I loved this chapter - Wynne grabbing Zev's ear, Alistair's bet with Morrigan, and Bannon's internal turmoil over the kiss were my favorite parts. Thanks for the update! :D
olivegbg chapter 20 . 8/29/2014
You can work a miracle with Antivan leather! :D
Ventisquear chapter 19 . 8/9/2014
wow this was intense.

I loved the twist with the apparitions! Bannon's regrets, worries and self-doubts, materialised into "true Bannon" - clawing at him and trying to hurt him till the very end, it was brilliant. And it makes perfect sense that Zevran's fight would've been toughest.

'Is it really you?"
Hm. Alistair. In case it the other Bannon won... you really think he'd would say, 'No, I'm the apparition that killed your best friend?' xD
And he was so cute when he peeked on Zev and squeaked. Impressed by what he saw? ;D And I loved how Wynne made Zev shut up about her and Alistair. *Forever*. Cheers to Wynne!

My favourite part is the exchange about the Maker between Zev and Bannon. Btw I was surprised what a good little Andrastian Bannon is - I stared speechless, too, when he poured the blood to the priest's ashes. Brilliant! But, back to Zev and Bannon - I loved the little peek into Zev's soul here, and I loved Bannon's response. Even though they both stepped back, still not willing to admit they care, it's obvious how deep and close their relationship is.

Great chapter! I can't wait to see how Bannon will fool Kolgrim. :)
ShebasDawn chapter 19 . 8/9/2014
This was an awesome chapter! I loved the encounters with the apparitions, and the developments in Zevran and Bannon's relationship. :) I wish I had time for a more detailed review, but I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed it!