Reviews for Leap of Faith
Shalk Zailackar chapter 29 . 5/28
Awesome story! I just finished and actually read it all in one sitting.

Thanks for this fantastic tale as well as all the humorous parts as well as the other deep and insightful portions you inserted into the story.
Orange et Blue Morality chapter 1 . 5/12
I've just started reading this on a random whim, what with me having more free time than I'm used to these days. I'm not sure if you even still check this account often enough. It has been... (checks update date) ...around seven years since you've last finished this story. No matter. I think I still owe it to you to write something even now, to appreciate your efforts in trying to rewrite what the show has become. Because as the TV series progresses from season 3 and onwards, that's what most of the fanfics are, isn't it? Efforts to somehow fix the deterioration of the characters we feel we know in Seasons 1 and 2 into what you've expressed as nastiness to each other. They're all...boxed in, constrained into being caricatures of themselves instead of what they could be. (The Arctic expedition mess still gives me shudders of horror. I'm not even sure I want to blame the characters completely when it's such an inconceivable, grave act to do in the scientific community to do to your enemy, much less a friend. Major writing fail on the part of the writers, that).

I don't enjoy latter-seasons dynamics-heck, I've stopped watching it completely. Yet you've aptly captured the essence of what is so cringe-inducing about them even in this brief chapter. There's the 'settling' behaviour between Leonard and Penny, each not quite content in their relationship yet not communicating with each other and trying to fix it, continuously burying their dissatisfaction, the perfect recipe for a blow-up who-knows-when in the future. There's Sheldon's misantrophy-which, granted, is not new, but this time it really feels as if no one even tries to push back against him. This is even more glaring in terms of Penny's character, especially when we consider that she's the only one who has the courage to go head-to-head with him before. She feels so diminished here, which is painful to see, but I can't deny feels very canon compliant. I have to raise my glass to you all the same for being able to put so clearly to me why, even if I identify with the characters in TBBT more, I can watch How I Met Your Mother better-it treated its characters better than TBBT (and I don't even watch HIMYM that intently!)

The cherry on top of all this is how even with all this unsatisfying life we see, you've still managed to rescue the characters from going all the way to the levels of disappointing that we saw canon reached. Underneath her tiredness, Penny still yearns to be more than who she is right now. Beyond his bluntness and general failure at reading other people's misery, Sheldon will still extend himself to help a friend in a blink. Underneath the ruins of season 5's characterisation, you have saved the foundation. It gives me hope that once we clear the rubble, the rebuilding can begin.

My apologies if this is a bit long-winded. I just really needed to get it off my chest, I suppose, and your spot-on characterisation of everyone pulled all these long-forgotten thoughts straight out of my head.
You often reference Canadian brands that they would not have in the US. It kind of sounds odd and sends me to google to figure out what you mean. Otherwise, really good. My heart is breaking for Sheldon, though.
I knew it! I’m really hating Leonard right now. Poor Sheldon.
Javex is not a thing in the US. It’s just Clorox here. I’m wondering when Sheldons computer will come into play? I’m certain Leonard is presenting some of Sheldon’s research as his own, and that has me so angry. Also, I’m pretty sure he was planning to dissolve his relationship with Amy and that would’ve been on the computer as well. Please tell me that all comes out. Great story so far!
Maternity leave in the US is just 6 weeks.
Great story, but a nurse wouldn’t be taking the lead and doing all that and isn’t authorized to declare death. A doctor would be handling a case that serious, with the nurse carrying out the doctor’s orders.
Nutter Nort chapter 23 . 11/3/2019
Все, сдаюсь. Я не знаю, зачем я это читал. Продолжал на что-то надеяться, но сейчас больше не могу и не хочу продолжать. Возможно закончу читать это, через полгода-год, может никогда. Нужно что-нибудь полегче. Wellplayedpenny, всего доброго.
MissMuseOnline chapter 29 . 3/28/2019
I cried multiple times during this fic (the first time because I didn’t want Sheldon to die), but this was a very good fic
mickie chapter 29 . 6/27/2018
very nice story, I cried like hell thru some chapters cause Sheldon was dead. sure hope heaven is as good as you made it sound
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 29 . 4/15/2018
it's 4 am and this has been one hell of a wild ride.
Thank you. It has been a most excellent journey.
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 18 . 4/14/2018
Oh thank god
LightningFuryStrike13 chapter 5 . 4/14/2018
Leonard and Amy are canoodling motherfuckers unable to comprehend all relationships might not be sexual in nature.
poleno chapter 24 . 10/13/2017
Awesome! One of the best if not the best fics on this site.
Chippers chapter 6 . 8/5/2017
Hmmmmm... I sort of skimmed the intro, but quickly forgot it while caught up in the very enjoyable story. So, this managed to be a surprise for me.