Reviews for Man in the Middle
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 1 . 3/2
This is the best SAO fics I have ever read.

Kudos.
pyrovortex chapter 1 . 9/14/2016
... and then Cardinal issues the kill command to all remaining players, or just stops accepting new commands.
Roxas fleur chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
wow. I dont even understand half of what I'm reading. Though I got the gist of it and it's really good
PrincessArien chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
I had a feeling all along that it was Kirito's aunt who was the main character of this story, it was nice to know that my suspicions were right. I'm a little curious to know how this story came about as it's a pretty interesting premise, and definitely one that's very well written. I'm completely serious when I say that you're an absolute master at writing suspense filled scenes and high tension scenarios, it's one of the best things about this story and Fairy Dance of Death. And honestly, I'm surprised that something like this wasn't successfully pulled off in the actual canon story...I mean, sure, then we wouldn't have a plot, but you'd think this kind of effort they'd have been able to pull off successfully *at least* once. I'm not sure they'd be able to succeed with continued attempts or not, but I'm sure they'd have definitely succeeded in an effort like this. The only thing I'm really curious to know about this story is just when within the canon events of SAO it happened and what was specifically going on at the time within the game when they succeeded.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
Wow, that was good.

Kirito's bland hero tendencies work really well when he's not the focus of the work. This is evident here, and in the Progressive manga-his inhuman talents and hypercompetence in his field are a good counterpoint to the very human people in his life.
MagusZero chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
This was a rather well-written and original SAO fan fiction, with some good twists too.
booklover1209 chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
How did I not find this fic earlier? It was great. Thanks.
Jozern chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
Utterly awesome.
urs-v chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
I knew I should decide myself to check your other SAO fic.

I really loved how you builded the tention until the very last moment, the you just dropped it and called it the end. The revelation of verdana being Midori was alaso a good one. I didn't see it comming, but well, since it's an AU, I just took it as a good idea. And something of a symbol.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
It's really nice to see a story with such accurate details. I absolutely love the signed-timestamp bits: it's the first thing I thought of when seeing the title. The other details are also astonishingly realistic: "SoftBank", the gojuuon ordered name list, etc.

One small thing: why could everyone log back on without triggering a server-side timeout check?
StarTrail chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Awesome. Some of the jargon was a little difficult to understand at times, but only when I started skimming it. I loved that twist with her being Kirito's mom-didn't see it coming at all!
Smozzick chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
Interesting story. First I've seen that focuses solely on this side of things.
Queen of Corners chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
This is one story I know I'll be able to read over and over again, without ever feeling bored. I'm proud to say that I figured out Verdana's identity the moment she mentioned she had a family. Damn, I felt smart after that.

Anyway, this is some really brilliant writing. I really feel it for all of them of the SAO Case Victims Rescue Unit, especially Namiko. Poor girl. When Fuzeki said what happened to her brother, I was tearing up. Either way, this is some brilliant characterization and I'm not even angry with Fuzeki, which is something I normally would be. He really loves his niece a lot and I could see exactly where he was coming from.

Kikuoka's portrayal stood out the most, in my opinion. You caught the vibe he gives off and portrayed it in the light that makes his character somewhat bittersweet. I can't help but love him, but the way he functions is sometimes quite bothering. He should've told Verdana-san about Kirito's idea long before he'd actually gone and returned into the game.

Still, the technical parts, the details... everything was amazing. I'm not exactly qualified to say it, but you made the whole extracting process sound both difficult, possible and plausible. I just wish I understood a bit more of the technical jargon. I know the basics, but most of my English comes from watching TV, reading and school, plus I'm not that well educated when it comes to IT stuff. And I'm actually planning to take the course in University. Meh.

Anyway, personally, I think this was great. A part of me wishes it were longer, but I can't see how. And I loved Kikuoka's line at the end. It's good to know Midori now has a pretty awesome, but also stressful job. :D
troyguffey chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
Very good story.

However the "tamper-proofing" manufacturing process would never get made that way. It'd be too expensive and too suspiciously paranoid to get past the approval process. After all someone could bang up their NervGear and crack that shell.

OH! Just realized another way. Surge protectors in the emitter gear, that won't let through the kill pulse.
Also, totally bypassing the protected CPU with a NON-Protected CPU.
reality deviant chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
a very good oneshot.
maybe a rehabilitation of SAO victims piece should follow it?