Reviews for Fractured
AZsgirl chapter 1 . 6/14
How did I miss this story? Lots to read!
Um hello? Arizona has every right to be angry at Callie for dating that random bimbo. She should tell her to leave her wife the hell alone
I get that callie is angry and hurt. But they are still married and presumably callie still loves Arizona. So they need to talk. They can't just let time pass and not talk. And why would callie go out with random bitch so suddenly as well as take her wedding ring off? Doesn't seem very believable nor realistic to me not to mention irritating
fleurdelis23 chapter 2 . 4/4
This is the absolute best Callie Arizona story I have ever read. I have read it 4 times now and it draws me in each time just as much as the first time I read it. This made so much more sense to see Arizona's reasoning through the cheating and amputation and I wish their story had played out more like this on the show. This gave so much more closure to what happened between them and explained better how they found themselves before finding each other again. Now we can only hope they can find each other on the show soon :) Well done, I will continue to read this again and again.
J. M. Flowers chapter 13 . 2/6
I am not normally the type of person who writes reviews (which is a terrible thing to admit) but I read a lot of fanfiction. I have been stumbling over what exactly I could say to you because this is one case when I know I absolutely have to leave a review. I read this story a few days ago and was completely hooked from the get-go. You have written this story so completely different from most of what we see on here and I am so obsessed with the process you used to tell it.

Even without giving us much detail about Dr. Walker, I recognized her. She is so undeniably the therapist/counselor/psychiatrist figure many of us know in our real lives. (I found myself missing my own version of Dr. Walker while reading this and wanted to contact her a few times.) I recognize that an understanding of that figure such as can be seen in this piece probably only comes from first-hand experience, so I so commend you for digging into that and sharing. You got it exactly right and it was such a pleasure to read.

Truthfully, this felt like a first-person type of story and it's only upon looking back that I realize it's not. I felt like I was in Arizona's head for a lot of this, which helped me understand where she was and what she was going through (and made me like her a lot more, even with all her faults). I am amazed that you pulled off a third person prose that made me feel so, so close to her. Definitely an impeccable choice because I can't even imagine the story without the brief little opportunities to sort of sense Callie's head space, too. It would've felt completely different, had we really been in Arizona's head and listening to her thoughts, instead of sort of watching what was happening from within the room with a bias towards Arizona's grasp of the world. I think you chose the exact write narration.

This story felt so authentic - to the characters, to reality, to what they were going through. I truly wish this was the sort of fall out we'd seen on the show, post-cheating. This plot line and their emotions surrounding the situation feels so very realistic to me. Greedy-me would love to see a continuation of this version of their lives, but the other parts of me are so very happy with where this ended. Thank you for taking your time with this story, for making them work through their stuff instead of rushing them into something unhealthy for the sake of a happy ending. I much prefer a version of them that took the time to love themselves before trying to love each other again, as opposed to the version of them that tried desperately to love each other first and ultimately fell apart because of it.

I do wish you'd had an editor or someone who proofed your stuff before posting, just because there are typos and a few things I would've rephrased to get rid of some of the word repetition (that that, had had, etc). And I think it could've been formatted a little differently, to have the flashbacks and the other italicized scenes make a bit more sense in a shorter amount of time. But those are just technical things, and they don't take away from the story in any way unless your reader is really, really picky.

Because this story is beautiful. I love the idea of just getting snippets of what's happening in their lives from the one place where Arizona is forced to talk about it: in counseling. I'm a little envious that I didn't think of it myself. You created something really magical here and I hope you acknowledge that.

And I know... You wrote this like three years ago and it's probably not something you even think about anymore. But, hopefully, you're like me and will get an email when someone puts an alert on your story and you'll see this review. You are a fantastic storyteller, if this piece is any inkling of your caliber. This is, I'm quite certain, the best fanfiction I've ever read. Even if you don't think about it anymore, I will for a long time to come. Thank you for sharing this. I am so glad the universe let me stumble upon it. I can't wait to read more of your work.
Thisismeandthatisyou chapter 13 . 2/2
Wow - incredible !
You're writing is paced so well and realistic to timelines - character profiles are on point - you really make me feel , like wow - perfect angst , perfect story , perfect writing!
Cyclinggirl chapter 13 . 2/2
Normally I don't read story's when in TV the story is proceded already.
But you are so great in writing those 2 women, I had to read it.
Thanks again for another great story, I loved it.
neweldi chapter 13 . 11/28/2015
Thanks, I like it :-)
kassia.crislayne chapter 13 . 9/11/2015
Finally indeed! I finished this story and it was so good! Seeing Arizona going through everything, her mind trying to adjust to her reality, the flashbacks, everything was beautiful. I loved that you used Arizona's POV, because although Callie was very hurt with the cheating, we never get to see Arizona's POV in the show. Your way of dealing with things was so much better than Shonda's! :(

Anyway, thanks for writing this amazing story of love and forgiveness. It felt too real!
Guest chapter 13 . 9/9/2015
Omfg this was awesome! You are an amazingggg writer, great job :)
Guest chapter 13 . 7/15/2015
I know you finished this story two years ago, but I just wanted to let you know that this was absolutely wonderful. I've spent the last 2(?) hours reading it from start to finish and I couldn't be any happier with how it ended. I love how you showed Arizona's individual healin process and didn't rush for Callie and Arizona to get back together. This was just everything!
tua33450 chapter 13 . 7/4/2015
Excellent story!
tcato4891 chapter 13 . 6/20/2015
Just came across this story &I absolutely loved it. All the issues that need to be addressed on Grey's were addressed. It was just a really great story. Well done!
halfbadgirl chapter 13 . 6/12/2015
So very well done. This certainly helps heal the open wound fiasco that Grey's Anatomy seems to insist on maintaining as a perpetual infestation. Thank you for sharing it with us, your fellow betrodden romantic hearts.
iloveyoucalzona chapter 13 . 5/29/2015
I LOVED THIS. Amazing, as always!