Reviews for Diamond Dust
imjaysong chapter 1 . 4/12
LOL! Sideswipe is hilarious! Even if his entrance scene was short in this chapter.

Poor Skyfire... he's really kind/selfless if he's trying to move the blame onto himself even after all that...
Triscribe chapter 1 . 4/10
Heh heh heh... Ohh, I really want to see where this is going. Probably not to be, though, huh?
Cacaphonia chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Oh Sideswipe is so priceless in this! XD You have to read the rules to know how to go around them all, this made me laugh so hard.
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
LOL!

I love the characterizations of Sideswipe and Skyfire!
Sure, Sideswipe is an eternal prankster, but HE READ THE WHOLE BOOK - not the abridged version (probably also written by Prowl, or maybe Sideswipe himself), just so he knows EXACTLY where the line is and how far he can toe it.

The description of the blizzard, beautiful!

And Skyfire's slow realization that this isn't home, and these mechs are not at all similar to the mechs he once knew - Skyfire's understanding that he doesn't really have much in common with the Autobots (granted, so far, all he's met have been Ratchet and Prowl, maybe a little intro/meeting with Wheeljack), but even less with the cons, even though his companion of ages has now decided he prefers fighting and violence over discovery and exploration ...
Very well done.

I'm hooked.

Thank you for sharing.
Xombi Zulu chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
This is wonderful. I NEED MOAR LIKE BURNING. Skyfire and Characters Who Are Not Fliers or Scientists interactions are the best! Please write more!
LadyAnatar chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
This is a fantastic start with so much potential it's not even funny.

Sideswipe is a sweetheart, but I can totally see him reading all of the rules just so that he can break them.
Writingcritter chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Have I ever told you that you're the reason Sideswipe is one of my favorite Autobots? Because you are.
autobot fangirl chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
very promising beginning here. Ah dixie cups. good times XD I look forward to an update _
MistressMarvel chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I never thought of this pairing before, but the way you write it makes me like it.
Keep it up :)
Sslaxx chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
So this is a side-story to Quietus, then? Should be interesting to see how this story gives that one some more background, in that case.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
OMG, you posted something! And it's awesome! I can't wait for more!

I mean... More please!
Aura Black Chan chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
This is great! I think you covered everything Skyfire would have experienced in his first few days. It's easy to forget he wouldn't know what happened to his home and fellow scientists, so thank you for covering that. You should consider a chapter where he meets the Dinobots, just so he knows he's not the only outsider among the Autobots.
Archaeopteryx Feather chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
A fellow Skyfire fan thought I would like this story, and she was right! :)

I liked how you described Skyfire's experience with the Autobots. He's so smiley in the cartoons that you'd never guess he suffered at all. In real life, though, I think he'd be falling apart like you show it. The description of the blizzard and how Skyfire learns about what happened to Cybertron really hit home, emotionally. Those passages worked very well. :)

"Well when your first words to everyone are 'Autobots! You must be destroyed!'Things are gonna be pretty awkward for a while."
XD That's great!

"Building stuff like that's fun to him. Just don't let him start improving anything."
I liked how you brought this up without trotting out the seemingly-required but kinda cliche line about Wheeljack makes stuff explode. You do a nice job about subtly hinting at Wheeljack's mad scientist potential without bonking us over the head with facts that distract from the main story.

I also thought you did a good job of describing how Skyfire initially saw Sideswipe as the nasty but charismatic trickster (before realizing otherwise).

Looking forward to your next chapter. :)
Epiwsedis chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Really enjoyed this!

Looking forward to more
SyntheticEuph0ria chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
My grin is as enormous as the one Sunstreaker sports in your icon. :D

OhPrimusOhPrimusOhPrimus, I am so excited for moooooooooooore of thiiiiiiiiiiis! *wiggles*