Reviews for One
mscarm chapter 12 . 7/22/2014
The thing that makes the most annoyed about this version of invents is that Nyota and Kirk have no ability to understand what it is like to have your entire race decimated. Like Nyota is like you're one when they have so few one counts. It's a hard choice but that's what you do in times of crisis you give up the I's for Us. Spock is doing right by his entire race. Kirk and Nyota are being extremely selfish. That comment by Kirk at the end about 'encountering new civilizations is easier with him on board'. Vulcan is barely clinging onto their civilization. Vulcan was lost Earth was saved come on guys.
NengethAmbre221 chapter 9 . 9/8/2013
LOVED THIS CHAPTER! and I have to admit I always for some reason yet squeamish at the mention of pon far... but great chapter!
NengethAmbre221 chapter 5 . 9/8/2013
My all time favorite story, for now since I haven't finished yours, is "Winds Against a Star - T rating" by valyria. Its a great filler for what might have happened before the 2009 star trek movie and the author explains Spock almost perfectly to how he might think and feel. I would read it if you haven't already!
TroysMom09 chapter 6 . 8/15/2013
This is breaking my heart! I don't know what's really going on...I have so many questions. But all I know is spoke is hurting! Omg I have to read the next chapter RIGHT now. Work can wait :)
TroysMom09 chapter 5 . 8/14/2013
Have you checked out Winds against a star by Valeryia? It's a beautiful story about spoke and nyota.
TroysMom09 chapter 4 . 8/14/2013
This is a really great story. I'm so involved with the characters in such a short time. You truly have a talent. Thank you for sharing this.
SanSon23 chapter 15 . 8/7/2013
Um, I would have liked to have seen some sort of interaction between Uhura/Spock before he decided to stay. I honestly wouldn't have stayed based on what Christine said mainly because his father would have pointed out that there was need for him in the first place if population wasn't an issue. So whatever Spock was doing had to be important enough that he was allowed to do it. Not only that, Spock Prime being on New Vulcan would have made every living council member decline Spock need to be on New Vulcan from the start, because there would have been no logic in have two Spock's. So I would have liked another reason for Spock staying on board. In the movie it was pretty clear after Spock Prime told him to follow his heart, and Sarek telling him he loved his mother. The reason why he went back to the Enterprise...adventure and discovering new life forms being secondary to love and possible friendship.

The last two chapters compared to the others disappoint me a bit because there was nothing that made me root for Uhura/Spock as a couple or Jim/Spock as friend. However, I rooted for Chekov and Spock friendship, even though I felt like Spock was giving Ny the cold shoulder. Because he would directly address Chekov even though it was Uhura talking, and didn't think to include or say anything to her.

While Ny seemed hell bend on finding Christine, even in Spock present there was nothing... no eye contact, small talk..nothing.

Regardless, overall story is a job well done. Keep it up, because you can only get better with practice.
SanSon23 chapter 13 . 8/7/2013
It's not a direct hit at you, but I always find it funny that as an American, the go to beverage for staying awake is coffee, so it gets written into the fictions as such. However, half of the enterprise isn't from American but the eastern part of the world where Tea is the stay awake, comfort, and all around heaven beverage for them. It's one of my pet peeves, because I eye-roll every time I see a sentence where Uhura, Sulu, Chekvo, Scotty, and Alien co. are drinking coffee.

With that little rant out the way. I happen to enjoy this story and wouldn't mind reading another from you in the future. You did a wonderful job considering this is you first Star Trek fiction. Great Job.
Syeira chapter 15 . 8/1/2013
This was super cute, but I wish it had a more resolute ending. I look forward to your next installment. And I really hope there is a next installment! :)
QuasiOuster chapter 15 . 7/23/2013
I was sad to see that this was completed but so very glad we're getting more story. I think this was a phenomenal piece and this ending was really satisfying and felt earned. I love the sense of resolution to Spock's arc as seen from Uhura's eyes. I know there's further to go with him but his was a well-crafted journey. I did think that this last chapter felt a bit rushed as compared to the rest of the story. Because your pacing is so methodical and lingering usually, I felt a bit like I was missing something, especially in terms of Uhura's arc. The transition from the last chapter was a little jarring too because I couldn't immediately establish the passing of time, and thus, it wasn't as emotionally grounded as I'd like. It made Uhura's initial agitation confusing rather than a jumping off point to build tension. All that is not to say that I didn't really enjoy it though and I'm looking forward to Many!
Geisha Giiirl chapter 15 . 7/23/2013
One of the best Star Trek fanfictions I've read so far! Don't keep us waiting too long for Many! and Best wishes to your writing
serena-jean chapter 15 . 7/19/2013
Excellent ending as much as the last chapters slowed considerably I understand it really was all about Spock returning, it was a clear place to end. I loved the last line so much hidden promise and I can't wait for the sequel! Oh the worlds and plots to explore not to mention Sybok who so sneakily left the pages! Last thing one of the best things was the constant update, it kept things flowing. Thanks for writing such a wonderful story
lapin chapter 15 . 7/19/2013
well done. it's an interesting story. i was confused by why it was nyotas first time seeing spock in his science blues. by previous chapters i read i thought this story took place after ST09, but it's your story. i enjoyed reading it. slow build, but its nice.
sgtrekie chapter 15 . 7/19/2013
Well done. Looking forward to the sequel.
Botsey chapter 15 . 7/18/2013
Dear Aniseed:

At last saw COMPLETED. That is always a drawing factor to me if I have started a story and wanted to get back to it.

Thank you for this excellent bridge into what I hope will be an intense relationship between our favorite couple. His divided loyalty is in character and his actions in view of what he said Nyota was to him-HOPE. I am looking forward to "Many". Again, thank you.