Reviews for Writers Block
The Chartreuse Pimpernel chapter 11 . 5/9/2014
Unghhh someone pour 10 gallons of cold water on me NOW.

But, in all seriousness, amazing story!
LaRieNGuBleR chapter 11 . 3/15/2014
This is brilliant! Adding it to one of my fav now. :)
TheFifthCharmedOne chapter 11 . 1/12/2014
I absolutely LOVED this story. The writing was spectacular and the story was just phenomenal. Really well done. And hot, too! Let's not forget that. :D

-Charmy
EccentricFox chapter 11 . 12/1/2013
Overall, the interludes did improve slightly...up until one of them would say "fuck me". It really...didn't do anything for me. It just seemed to get in the way of telling the story.

When I initially read the summary of your story, I thought that it had promise - the idea was interesting and I like reading AU's and was hoping for a satisfying, slow-build. I wasn't exactly expecting a smut-fic.

I can't say I didn't enjoy some elements of the story - I did - but I suppose since it wasn't entirely what I was expecting, I was a little disappointed. For what it is, it's a good enough read, but definitely not my cup of tea. Of the parts that I did read though, I had no problems following the progress of the story and there were few (if any) discernible errors. I found some parts quite amusing - I particularly enjoyed Arthur and Merlin's more platonic interactions and the story wasn't overly long, just the right length.

So while it's not exactly my thing, you did pretty well overall. Cheers.
EccentricFox chapter 2 . 11/30/2013
I have to say the the parts you have as Merlin's 'writing' are plainly off-putting, and strangely not as well written as the rest of your story, which I find difficult to understand. Maybe they're too confronting, or maybe because they read like something that Mills and Boon would reject. I think you could have gone for far more depth and maybe something a bit more subtle than all out smut.

I would have found it far more interesting if you had created a story within a story - maybe even go with the idea of Merlin writing Arthur as "Arthur, the Prattish Prince" initially trying to vilify him through prose. The tone would change with each meeting, each revelation and the story relationship would escalate. Merlin's dreams might be affected, adding another layer to the story and what would have started out as dislike would have morphed into a begrudging friendship with Merlin still having that want for Arthur.

In this story, Merlin is an asshat, though and not particularly likeable. He also doesn't come acros as a very good writer at all. I imagine the story improves over the chapters, and I'm withholding my judgement for now. But to be honest, after I realised the tone of those exerpts, I've skipped those sections so I could read the real story. Even Merlin 'self-inserting' felt a little ridiculous.

I'm going to give your story a continued go, but I feel like you could have done so much more...so much better with your concept.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/22/2013
THAT fantasy was definitely hilarious, right from the sow you made *this* out of! That was good!
marlogirl chapter 11 . 8/28/2013
how does this story not have more favorites? it's a great, funny, sweet, well-written story.
Jace chapter 10 . 8/7/2013
It was very sweet.
Jace chapter 9 . 8/7/2013
Well FINALLY ! But there'd better be more. . . . . .
Jace chapter 8 . 8/7/2013
I won't hate you. If, however, there's no intense Merthur, I will be pissed
Jace chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
I think that you are the type to have the hacking cough right in the middle of the evil laugh.
Jace chapter 5 . 8/7/2013
Devious little Cupid! Where DO you get these ideas from?!
Jace chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
Need some ice for that burn, Merlin?
Jace chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
I like the spin you put on this. I do believe I shall continue reading.
Emy.Elle chapter 11 . 7/23/2013
this story was fucking amazing i fucking loved it! *flailing*