Reviews for About a Boy
Lorelei Candice Black chapter 16 . 7/15
nice, but is it really the end of this?
Pink defender chapter 16 . 7/11
ok, so i didnt stay up all night to read this one. I did it over a couple of nights. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! i found the difference from this to the books interesting and liked them
Riya1112 chapter 16 . 7/4
I really liked it. It was really nice. I like Draco and Harry being friends. I really like all four of them being friends.
iCeDxTC chapter 16 . 5/31
I love it! I definitely aalmost cried when I thought Harry was dead though.
HUFFLEPUFFS ARE NOT CASTOFFS, other than that I love your story:)
Bluewolf80 chapter 16 . 3/18
The Drop Off ending was disappointing. It belittles the work that you have surely put into the rest of the piece to simply chop off the ending.

There are quite a few "Snape Adopts/Mentors Harry" fics out there so this concept isn't exactly original. I did think you wrote your version fairly well. Snape was done well. Kind with Harry yet with a noticeable outward change around others. His abrasive personality was portrayed nicely. I liked that you put Harry in Slytherin. I do think that his experience with his new dad would change him but would the Sorting Hat have given him a choice?

There were a few moments (argument with Quirrell, when Snape finds Voldemort with Harry and says "my Lord?") when it was implied that Snape had not had the "talk" with Harry. No, not THAT talk! The I Used To Be A Death Eater Talk. Because, really, Harry's never seen his arm and asked what his tattoo meant? That's a bit unbelievable.
You wrote the way Snape told Harry the story of his life as a child so fabulous back in the prequel. If he can talk about that then he could talk about his mistakes with Voldy, leaving out the prophecy for now, before his son heard it from strangers st school.

Which brings me to another point. Why can't anyone know about Harry being his son? That was never explained fully besides it wasn't safe. Safe from whom? What? Harry lives st Hogwarts now. At this point (no Voldy) they should assume he is safe as can be kept. It's a matter of public record. People are going to know. Harry didn't get till Christmas before spilling the beans. So why are they even bothering?

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Draco and Harry. There were several light hearted and funny things that I loved seeing written with Draco as the character involved and not always Ron Weasley. Draco always forgetting his belongings was quite enduring! Hermione was true to self yet brave and caring. It took a lot of guts to storm Snape's office when Harry was sick! I can definitely see her an Draco getting together later with the traits you have set them.

Overall I thought your story was very entertaining. It would definitely benefit from a Beta clean up. There are wonderful details that are missing or should have been fleshed out more. Some areas are a bit dry. Others are spot on, fabulous and just need a little polish to shine! Good luck in all your future writing. Never stop reading or writing!
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 16 . 2/26
The thought of Severus in tears is making my heart clench a little. It's funny how circumstances can bring together the most unlikely of people :) As with the first one, thoroughly enjoyed it!
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 11 . 2/26
You're very good at provoking feels :P
VortexWithAnEnd chapter 7 . 2/26
Oh the feels!
06598 chapter 16 . 1/22
This is so amazing! :)
TheBestBeastLove chapter 12 . 8/8/2016
thank you for trying to lengthen the chapter.
TheBestBeastLove chapter 11 . 8/8/2016
short chapters for the next story, and good job on this chapter and the ones before. wonderfull
cmfisher chapter 16 . 7/21/2016
I just read then both, cried thru most of them. Thank you very much.
Eagle Hawke chapter 3 . 5/12/2016
Hufflepuff needs a better reputation. Seriously.
The Psychotic Bunny chapter 16 . 4/26/2016
im loving your writing, your stories are amazing and so are you