Reviews for Ripples
cool chapter
suns and stars chapter 5 . 4/23/2014
sweet
suns and stars chapter 4 . 4/23/2014
well done great work poor scar
zuka4one chapter 12 . 4/14/2014
Awesome!
Greg M 94 chapter 12 . 4/10/2014
I arrived home to be greeted by an update notification sitting in my inbox. Lovely! Fantastic update, guys.

Oh, things aren't looking good for the Pridelanders after the recent announcement of a rogue pride roaming the lands and slaughtering herds of impala... There's only one fully-grown alpha lion in the group to spearhead the defence, but we all know that the lionesses are more than capable of holding their ground, too. Let's hope the panic doesn't dismay Mufasa; he needs to keep his thoughts and wits about him, especially in a matter as serious as this one. I was wondering where the cubs were for a moment, but there are more critical matters that need addressing...

I felt a sense of pity for Potea whilst reading the last few parts. He never wanted to become a rogue in the first place; he was just sent out into the menacing world with little chance of accomplishing anything. Although the last line of his background, "Maybe belonging to this pride wasn't so awful afterwards.", was rather disheartening. He might get used to living in a group of psychotic cut-throats - a lion with a rough life turned into a cold-blooded killer...

Brilliant work, guy. I'm really looking forward to the next update. Things are really starting to heat up, eh?
Lord of Beef Dip chapter 12 . 4/10/2014
Well, looks like Jehanum's strategy is starting to backfire in some ways. Instead of scaring him it is making Mufasa all the more determined to stop them, by any means.

And the other pride seemed to have another very close call in terms of being caught in the act. Had those birds been quicker to act, the attacking lionesses might have been caught by Mufasa and the entire pride.

Seems like Jehanum's script is already starting to go awry. So far he has gotten lucky, but I think that his lucky streak might come to an end eventually. Something will happen, and someone in his pride is going to either get killed, or worse (For Jehanum), captured. And if caught, they might divulge information. Or maybe I'm wrong on that part.

It was interesting to seeing the contrast in how Jehanum is with his cub, compared to how brutal he is normally. Makes me wonder if he really cares, or it is just pretend for him, and that he is more interested in having an heir than actual feelings of attachment to his family.
Haradion chapter 12 . 4/10/2014
Interesting to see the differences between the two Prides. I like Potea - although, I will admit, I do keep reading it as potato... Heh... Potato...

Anyway - seriously, I loved this chapter, especially with Potea embracing his life with the Pride. I don't think he acted the way he should have, but his hatred of his brother appears to be justifiable. He seems very lazy though. Interesting characters - especially given they are villians... I think it will be very interesting to see how this develops. There is also something going on with Mufasa as well... Hmm...

Nice chapter guys! Please, keep it up - I do really like this story.
TomMaier chapter 11 . 3/20/2014
Great stuff so far! I think the rape was a bit dark, but it brought some seriousness back to the story that'd been missing since Scar died. Looking forward to the update!
Lord of Beef Dip chapter 11 . 3/3/2014
I do like where this is going. The moments with the cubs also contrast immensely with what happens later. I still see some potential conflict between Simba and some of the other cubs when they get older though. Simba not learning the Hakuna Matata lifestyle might actually make him a worse character.

A clever way to sow panic by planting the seeds of terror in such a way. But I do think they made some mistakes. Letting anyone see that it was a lion that did those things...a rogue lion at that. It lets them know that it isn't someone in the pride. It would have been smarter if they made them think it was another member of the pride, or some other predator.

But then again, what good is a villain if they don't make subtle mistakes on the way. Of course the thing is to see if Mufasa will catch that mistake in time. And be able to stop the waves of panic.

An alliance with the hyenas would be a saving grace at this point too. If only he realizes it soon enough.

I still will be looking forward to what comes next.
JJZ-109 chapter 11 . 2/28/2014
BACK IN BLACK!

And so it begins...With a bang. A massacre. Creepy to think that the kids wouldn't be too far away from that...Looks like their terror tactics are working on the pride.

Seriously though, great you guys are back in business, and good way to kick us back off...
Simbaanaya chapter 11 . 2/28/2014
Nala is so annoying. Does she ever shut up?
Greg M 94 chapter 11 . 2/28/2014
Absolutely thrilled to see an update to Ripples! God, it's been so long. Sorry to hear about the amount of engineering work - it must be pretty tiring.

Anyway, the chapter was fantastic. Thrilling from start to end. The poor buffalo herd - they never stood a snowball's chance in hell, did they?

I didn't like the way Pepo was coughing... Usually when someone makes a character cough (or having no energy, too), it can possibly mean a sickness - and I don't mean a 24-hour bug. We'll just have to see what she's like when she's up and about.

Superb work from both of you. Looking forward to the next update.