Reviews for What They Fear
The Postmodern Prometheus chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
I've been stewing quite a bit over that last review - I really hope it came across as constructive criticism instead of me trying to flame you or accuse you of plagarism. I wasn't accusing you of anything like that, and I really did love the story. I hope you're not mad at me.
The Postmodern Prometheus chapter 2 . 1/27/2003
Very well written, very funny. What more can I say? My only criticism if I have one at all is one of originality, but I know from personal experience how hard it is to write purely original comedy. Nevertheless I occasionally detected hints of familiar jokes in there, and the sockpuppets gag seemed to be lifted directly from The Simpsons:

Marge: Well everybody's got a fear of something.

Homer: Not everybody.

Marge: Sockpuppets!

Homer: Where? Where? Aah! Aah!

I'm not trying to accuse you or anything, and don't get me wrong, I thought this fic was great. I'm sure this is all just coincidence or something subconscious going on, and I should really focus on the positive aspects of the story. You did a great job of converting something serious to a spoof whilst maintaining at least some semblance of the original characters. The whole story flowed very well and was extremely accessible and readable. Not to mention how funny it was, making me laugh out loud on numerous occasions. I'm off to read the sequel now :)
Boromir chapter 2 . 1/16/2003
Lol! That was cool. It had me Laughing! Please do some more like this!
The Greenleafed One chapter 2 . 1/14/2003
Omg! Funny funny FUNNY! I'm sorry I can't make a longer review, I'll probably e-mail you, but I have to study for my finals VERY SOON before my mom realizes I'm on . My fave quote was; "God?" Lol... I just was in tears... I don't think it was meant to be that funny but I just couldn't stop laughing. Roflmao! Ne hoo, make a sequel? If you haven't already? *pleading look* *grin* ~~TGO~~
Fausta chapter 2 . 1/9/2003
Well, I hope you still want a review although the story isn't the latest one... But it ist great - so much better than other so-called humorous LOTR-Fanfics... I almost laughed my head off - Gimli hunting was so comical, and Legolas' revenge made me burst into most uncontrolled laughter... By the way, the greatest fun was to envision an elf laughing his head off like some naughty boy... Simply great!
The Greenleafed One chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
Ah, the funniness...the funniness! A friend directed me to you and I am very very glad she is. It was *serious* as well as funny. :-D *grin* I love those kinds of fics...the only problem is I hate Aragorn/Boromir! And you are kind of suggesting it there with the "Aragorn son of Arathorn kisses you" thing. 'Gorny did not mean it like that! *runs off screaming*

(Random person pops up) RP: Don't mind her. She's just strange.

~~TGO~~

The Anti-social, Highly Hypocritical and Procrastinating Elf

-Also cute and fluffy!-
Snuffles2 chapter 2 . 12/27/2002
*giggles maniacly for the next five hours* Oh. My. Gosh. That was so hilarious!

Quote:

"Sockpuppets!" he cried.

Unquote

*giggles again* Beautiful! Oh my...I must go massage my ribs now, they hurt...

~Teufel, called Snuffles~
Mona Lisa chapter 2 . 12/9/2002
Ha, quite amusing! I liked it! Funny what Boromir thought!
Kokiri chapter 1 . 12/3/2002
*falls out of chair, laughing* I LOVE IT! Especially the bit about the sock puppets. Oh, and this, too:

~Aragorn was thinking about arranging a betting pool on the probability of Gimli succeeding versus Legolas coming down someday in the next few decades but gave up on the thought. No reason betting almost impossibility vs. most unlike possibility, he decided.

*snickers* Fangirls...that was a good one too.

Great fic! *resumes laughing*

~Kokiri
XxDragon Princess NikkixX chapter 2 . 11/30/2002
I LOVED THAT! it was sooo good! Great job!
The Soup Nazis chapter 2 . 11/20/2002
Here's a thank you for the thank you you gave me. :)

This is Coffeegirl. Why the name? Well, Coffeegirl, because I have 2 accounts, and that's my name on the other one, and The Soup Nazis becuase I am a Seinfeld fan.

I love M*A*S*H! Well, sort of. My dad bought Season 1 & 2 on DVD and I ssaw those. So I'm not a "die-hard" fan, but I like it a lot. Go Radar!

Hmm... Gimli's Ok. Alas, I have no on else to pick on except him. I like Aragorn and Boromir too! And Pippin, a little.

Well, thanks once again.

This is a very good story! I love it. :)

-Coffeegirl
Nirejseki chapter 2 . 11/18/2002
*laugh* Hilarious! I really like the ending line,

"The fearless DĂșnadan fled."

I'm really rather pleased with the sequence, which is a rarity in humor fics. It made sense! In an off-the-rocker way, o'course. .~

I'd tell you to write more...but you have a sequel up! *rushes off to read & review that*
mariza riphaldin chapter 2 . 11/15/2002
i luv it! sockpuppets, pjs, muskrats, what more does a humof fic need? a sequel, which you have and i am on my way to read. thanxs 4 making me almost die of laughter!

ps: cool thing to try to do-Elrond, Arwen, Galadriel, and Celeborn's fears. i'd do it myself, but the rents won't let me. *pouty face*

buhbye-MR
Starfleet Hobbit chapter 2 . 11/3/2002
Hahahahah! That was great! The whole scene with the wet muskrat was funny beond belief!
DeleteThisAccountPlease0 chapter 2 . 10/4/2002
Wow this is funnny! the highlights i liked were when leggy thought that the fan girls were after him, when aragorn heard the voice and asked'God'among many others. And with a beard like that im not surprised that gandalf the combs got stuck there! and what about legolas? he's an elf with long hair, shouldnt he have his own comb!This is great!

keep up the good work. (sorry, i always say that to great writers)

luv you lots