Reviews for What We Lose (is part of us)
chocolatelover1 chapter 14 . 6/12
Oh gosh, this fic is amazing! I love your characterizations, they're all perfect! Seriously. Your Spock is spot on! He's logical and all that, while still being kinda emotional and sincere (if that makes sense) and I think that's awesome! Your writing is wonderful and you're able to so clearly... describe? (not the best word to explain it but that damn word is eluding me!) their emotions to the reader and its simply great. Cant wait for more, hope you plan on updating!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/15/2014
Great story! I'm really intrigued by the potential storyline re: Kirk serving on other vessels. Please continue updating the story.
Clara Brighet chapter 14 . 8/8/2014
This was amazing. Just - this whole thing was amazing. Beautifully written, and so, so satisfying. You made me laugh, you made me cry; I thought my heart would burst from bittersweet joy, or else melt into a puddle. It was wonderful.
Your writing is terrific. I LOVED this line from the (perfect) scene between Jim and Bones: "When things fall to pieces and people are left to deal with the twisted aftermath of their own crucibles, there's still forgiveness. And maybe that's enough."
Beautiful. Poetic. Powerful.
Thank you so much for writing! I have enjoyed it immensely. :D
Gracealma chapter 14 . 8/7/2014
Spock is so right that grief is endurable when shared. Like your plot line and characterization.
Clara Brighet chapter 5 . 8/7/2014
I'm crying. Good job, you made me cry.
Ohh those sneaky Admirals, 'visiting' while McCoy is away. :(
I wonder what Bones is going to have to say about all this? ;D
Clara Brighet chapter 4 . 8/7/2014
Ahhh this is so good! Of course they couldn't put ALL this recovery stuff in the movie, but still, I missed it. I am having so much fun reading this! You have a lot of great ideas. Like the debriefing. I totally didn't think of that, but it would've had to have happened eventually. So excited for chapter 5!
Clara Brighet chapter 3 . 8/7/2014
I liked that scene better than the one in the movie! That is how I shall remember it from now on. :)
Clara Brighet chapter 2 . 8/7/2014
Oh that was amazing. I thought it was great how uiu used Spock's entry into the acting captain's log to tell part of the story. I also loved the second half of the chapter. :D
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
This is awesome. Thank you so much for filling in those potential-full gaps! I just watched the movie for the first time, and I was dying to know what happened in the sickbay. This is really good so far!
MamzelleHermy chapter 14 . 7/28/2014
I am loving this story! It is absolutely brillant! I hope you'll keep on writing it!
lanteaddicted chapter 14 . 7/19/2014
Leoooo chapter 14 . 7/5/2014
wow I'm so glad Kirk and Bones made up! it made me really sad to see them so angry
CornflowerBlue chapter 14 . 3/24/2014
Wow. This has got to be one of the most believable post-STID stories I've read. I commend you for dealing with it all in a way that is true to all of their characters. It does not only tell of Jim's recovery but also his and his crew's emotional journey as they cope through the evils of their own survival. I enjoyed how you reflected the relationship of the main crew in this story as well. It makes me think that they will all indeed come out of this ordeal stronger than ever so that, once they're all ready, they'll be better individuals. And the New Enterprise will be ready for them.

And this line: "That grief and its accompanying emotions are deeply personal, but they are endurable when shared with friends." Beautiful.

Thank you for this story. It's chapters will surely be something to watch out for, and wait for, truly. :)

Yana5 chapter 14 . 3/24/2014
Awww I love Jim and Spock bonding moments
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 14 . 3/23/2014
Oh gosh, I've missed this fic. :) I feel that it cleaned up a bit here too, and I really like that because it lends more focus to the story.

Absolutely loved these! I mean, Sexy Grexy! LMHO! But I liked the more insightful ones better. Between Jim and Bones, even that last one with Spock, the first one with Carol...

Oh, and what about his hand? I suspect it was a much worse burn than Jim let on, but due to the 'regenerative abilities'... Kind of reminds me of Princess Diaries "Just in case I'm not enough of a freak as it is, let's add a Tiara!" Just in case Jim isn't reckless enough as it is, let's give him major regenerative abilities! Oh and what is that going to do to his aging process? Will he even age, or will it just be slowly? I mean, the original Kahn aged, but man he 'aged' well...and that was stuck on a desert planet with barely an atmosphere.

Hammered Dulcimer, huh? Going to have to check that out. I love Celtic music. :D