Reviews for What We Lose (is part of us)
CornflowerBlue chapter 14 . 3/24
Wow. This has got to be one of the most believable post-STID stories I've read. I commend you for dealing with it all in a way that is true to all of their characters. It does not only tell of Jim's recovery but also his and his crew's emotional journey as they cope through the evils of their own survival. I enjoyed how you reflected the relationship of the main crew in this story as well. It makes me think that they will all indeed come out of this ordeal stronger than ever so that, once they're all ready, they'll be better individuals. And the New Enterprise will be ready for them.

And this line: "That grief and its accompanying emotions are deeply personal, but they are endurable when shared with friends." Beautiful.

Thank you for this story. It's chapters will surely be something to watch out for, and wait for, truly. :)

CFB
Yana5 chapter 14 . 3/24
Awww I love Jim and Spock bonding moments
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 14 . 3/23
Oh gosh, I've missed this fic. :) I feel that it cleaned up a bit here too, and I really like that because it lends more focus to the story.

Absolutely loved these! I mean, Sexy Grexy! LMHO! But I liked the more insightful ones better. Between Jim and Bones, even that last one with Spock, the first one with Carol...

Oh, and what about his hand? I suspect it was a much worse burn than Jim let on, but due to the 'regenerative abilities'... Kind of reminds me of Princess Diaries "Just in case I'm not enough of a freak as it is, let's add a Tiara!" Just in case Jim isn't reckless enough as it is, let's give him major regenerative abilities! Oh and what is that going to do to his aging process? Will he even age, or will it just be slowly? I mean, the original Kahn aged, but man he 'aged' well...and that was stuck on a desert planet with barely an atmosphere.

Hammered Dulcimer, huh? Going to have to check that out. I love Celtic music. :D
tin24634 chapter 14 . 3/23
Wow, I thought chap 13 was the end and I'm so pleased that it goes on. I like how you let them all deal, most of course Jim. It is really nice to read, please continue.
Watercolors2 chapter 14 . 3/22
Ah, a name has finally been bestowed upon the zombie-tribble. Welcome Grexy, mascot of the Enterprise. ;)
On a more serious note, this chapter was as touching and as mind-blowing as usual. I love your depictions of the characters, how their thoughts work, how each one is responding uniquely to the resent events while at the same time coming to realize that they are dealing with the same feelings, same emotions, same self-blame, same fear.
Gah, why are you so good with words? :D
Cheryl W chapter 14 . 3/22
I'm really loving this story and the caring interaction between the characters! Powerful scenes between Bones & Kirk. I really sunk my teeth in their blowup and felt it was so right when Kirk, realizing how broken Bones was too, mended their friendship. I'm looking forward to more of this angsty but so feel good story!
isi7140 chapter 14 . 3/22
Just beautiful. Heartwarming, and hilarious, and sad because they're so broken. But they're definitely getting better, and it's wonderful to see.
Traser SyberJedi chapter 14 . 3/20
This is a fantastic story. I love it. I can so easily picture the characters doing these things as I read. I am looking forward to what happens next. Keep up the excellent work.
Hanged Man chapter 14 . 3/20
Wonderful chapter!
Emberka-2012 chapter 14 . 3/20
As always chapter is interesting, fun and full of feelings. Tribble, Ambassador - they are all in their places.
nmletters chapter 14 . 3/20
I was so excited to see an update to this story! The sections w/Bones and Pike were heartbreaking, but I LOVED the part w/Spock Prime - both b/c it was well written and hopefully b/c it'll let Jim know and act like he's a loved person and give up some hangups (b/c really, poor Bones ... and it seems to have taken him a while). The scene where he buys the bracelet was cute and I'd love a follow up where Spock thanks him for it (but not too mushy S/U).

Anyhow, now that he sees how important he is to these people and what a great gift that is regardless of how he views it, I hope he can go on and really develop his relationship w/Spock into the EPIC relationship J&S should have [their parts here were sweet and touching] and really mature his relationship w/Bones so they can be the famous trio :)
Obsessive66 chapter 14 . 3/19
Well done with this chapter. Thank you.
LiraEllesar chapter 1 . 3/9
Oof, I miss this story mucho. Still hoping an update pops up in my email soon. ;) I know life is crazy, especially with midterms right now, but I belIEVE IN YOUUUUU-U-U-U-U-UUUUU! Much encouragement and love from this fan of yours. ;)
Dream's Abyss chapter 13 . 12/22/2013
Poor Jimmy. It's a lot to process on top of recovering from death.
NixDucky chapter 12 . 12/19/2013
""Dr. McCoy," Spock says, very calmly. "While the ingestion of an alcoholic substance may inhibit your neurotransmitters and prevent you from perceiving the hairs you are pulling out of your scalp, it will in no way aide us in locating Jim. As you do not have a degree in computer science and therefore have nothing intelligent to offer me at this moment, I suggest you remain silent.""

That is just about one of my favourite paragraphs, ever!

New reader here *waves, before diving into chapter 13*