Reviews for Three Words That Became Hard To Say
Guest chapter 11 . 11/8/2014
Why didnt you finish this fic? Its good. :)
salanderjade chapter 11 . 1/27/2014
Such a wonderful chapter in so many ways, PW. The characterization is spot on and the voices are, as always...recognizable as yours and yours alone. There is a special kind of give and take with your Peeta and Katniss that only comes about because they've faced the fire, gone through it together, and have managed to build something stronger, enduring, and real because of it. I really love how you expanded on Violets and continued on to weave not just a story...but a life for these two. It's like throwing up the sash and peeking inside with each and every chapter. It reminds me a bit of Dracosa's Do Not Go Gentle in that respect. It's very rare that a story manages that feat...and yet you did. The dialogue flows naturally and believably. The action is contained and understated. Like I said...it's a glimpse into a real life moment. Looking forward to the epilogue. Great writing and great storytelling. Sorry I'm a bit lazy about logging in...but I enjoyed this immensely.
kelmikmag chapter 11 . 1/26/2014
great chapter!
honeylime chapter 11 . 1/26/2014
I am floored by this chapter, just as I have been by the entire story. You did a wonderful job of portraying the situations they were dealing with - job/relocation decisions as a couple, Peeta's challenges with his parents - so realistically. My stomach was in knots through most of it. I loved how they were so supportive on one another, though, and wanted what was best for each other individually and as a couple. I know that you're ready to wrap this up, but I have enjoyed every minute of this story (even the tough ones) and this universe and version of Katniss and Peeta will remain one of my favorites.
worldwithinworld chapter 11 . 1/25/2014
I love that Peeta freed himself from his parents. I'm looking forward to the final chapter.
authoresskika chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
Woo! Go Peeta! I am so, so stinking proud of him, and of course Katniss, for making it clear to him just how much she wants him and wants their future together. It's so refreshing coming from the Katniss we first met at the beginning of Violets.

I know you're looking forward to this story being wrapped, but I have loved every chapter of it, PW, and I will very much miss this universe! They're a lovely version of our beloved Everlark.
MalTease chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
This chapter made me cry! It is so good to see Peeta finally stand up to his parents and search for his own future, and I like how supportive and encouraging your Katniss is, and how much she grew up in this story. Well done! :)
SoThere chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
I love this new adventure they're on, and seeing life finally coming together for them. Asheville sounds like the perfect place for them to begin their life together, with the bonus of getting Peeta out of his toxic situation.

Is it wrong that I'm secretly glad this chapter got out of hand and you had to add an epilogue? You may be ready for this story to be over, but I'm not. :)
sponsormusings chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
Mrs Mellark can kiss my patootie. SERIOUSLY. Have another drink, woman, and pipe down with your 'sponging'. Gawd!

Ok, ok, now that that is out of the way...PW, I was so pleased to see this progress happen for K/P. They needed to break away, to make a fresh start, and a new place is exactly what they needed. In all honesty, I can understand Peeta's reluctance to tell his parents something, for fear of their response. I've been there, done that (STILL do that!), although Parents of SM are nothing like the Mellarks. ;) But the concern is always there that they'll disapprove.

Meanwhile, this line killed me:

"Her words crept into the room and expanded, taking up all the space until there was room for nothing else, no other words he could possibly say in reply."

Perfect.

While I'm sad to see this story go, I look forward to how you bring this to an end :)
SurviveWithoutAnyone chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
Yay! I've been dying for an update and this was perfect. So glad Peeta got the nerve to tell his parents to shove it (even though he said it much nicer) and he'll be doing something he wants to do now. Great chapter.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
I'm so glad that you decided to add another chapter to this. It was so important for there to be some resolution in the toxic relationship that Peeta had with his family. Personally I think he came to the conclusion incredibly quickly...I know first hand how impossible getting out of those demeaning codependent relationships are. But I think identifying and ending that relationship was essential to any success in Katniss and Peeta's relationship. Good job!
pumpkinking5 chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
Thanks!

This was such a powerful chapter. Changed happened. it happened for the betterment of Peeta
and Katniss.

Katniss took a job in Asheville for herself and Peeta. They need a clean break from their
current environment especially Peeta. She wanted to give Peeta a choices and options.

Peeta was humble and awe. He couldn't believe how much Katniss was offering him.

Yet, he took it. I am glad that he had the conversation with his parents about leaving
the bakery. I think the conversation was a long time coming. Finally, Peeta
was able to say what he felt about his parents treatment of him.

Great job!
ShortySC22 chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
I loved this and really can't wait to see how you'll end this with the epilogue.
Court81981 chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
OH GOD! This chapter. This FUCKING chapter. (I'm sorry, when I have a bad hockey night, I get aggressive and my foul mouth comes out. I work with kids all day and keep it in, no judgement!) PW, this chapter is literally perfect. OMG. The indecision that Peeta was feeling was so raw and genuine, and Katniss's growth and maturity shined through as she coaxed him but didn't force him to do anything until he was ready to do it. And OMG that confrontation with his parents was...it was electric. It felt like I was there watching it unfold, I could feel the tension, and Mrs. Mellark's condescending tone was so vibrant. (oh, honey, no...AHHH!) AND HELL YES how he told them, and how their reactions were just so precisely how you've established their characters in this story. Brava. This was so worth the wait, and YES, the I LOVE YOU at the end of this chapter was perfection. I am not disappointed at all that this was not the epilogue. This story could go on forever for me. BRAVA.
authoresskika chapter 10 . 1/13/2014
My LORD, the things you have done to me with this story. I couldn't stop feeling all the emotions and the incredible passion and misery and angst and loveliness of it all. I wanted to throw them up against a wall and also wrap them in a blanket and feed them tea and cookies and tell them everything will be alright. Ahhhhhhhhh!

It's evil, I know, but I am so glad I discovered Violets so late so that by the time I got here, so much of it was already done. It has hurt so good and then mended so beautifully that I'm just... Yayyyy. This story is so wonderful, my dear, and when you get to the epilogue, I will be one seriously happy gal. :)