Reviews for Living in the Moment
My Name is Alice chapter 251 . 11/10/2014
ASDFGHJKL!
I need to work on my romance... ._. Mine isn't as good as this, even though I wish it was TT
The ending is such a cliffhanger! Debating whether or not to continue to sequel...
Blithesome chapter 251 . 6/19/2014
This was... wow. I read everything in one go, and now I'm trying to figure out how to comment. The story evoked a lot of emotions in me, and it was really, really good. Unexpectedly so.

So first of all - a Harry Potter & Harvest Moon crossover. What the heck? :D I never figured I'd see something like THIS ever being made, and I had to do a double take when I read the summary. And making Tom Riddle the main character - pfffft, that was priceless! Tom Riddle the farmer! Oh, I practically cried with laughter during the first few chapters, I couldn't even continue reading.

Well, the whole Harry Potter aspect was pretty far removed from the story, since the characters were completely out of context and had entirely new roles... In many ways they were not the same characters at all. But still, I think that the way you wrote them was spot on - Harry felt like Harry despite being a Harvest God, and although I could never imagine Tom Riddle settling in a quiet, small town and making farming his biggest ambition, he did feel like Tom Riddle in a way (except that he wasn't evil).

Anyway, Tom was so amusing as a character. I'm not even sure how to describe him - aloof, efficient, with a nasty temper sometimes... and yet he had his soft sides too and was very easy to relate to. I loved that he quite often didn't have any idea what he was doing, either at the farm or in his relationships (though his hard work and determination pulled him through). His frustration at having thrown away the Queen of the Night flower was priceless, for example.

This story had such a wide spectrum of emotions. At first it seemed like a lighthearted, nonsense crossover, but then you went and explored the deeper themes of trying to have an impossible relationship with someone, and how emotions and dreams clash with the practical, harsh realities of life... I thought that the things that were left unsaid were very poignant, such as when Harry explained what the realm of Gods felt like, and how meaningless mortal life was in the grand scheme of things. It was just impossible to get over the fact that Harry was a God... Even though Tom tried so hard. I'm happy that they found a way, in the end! But I also liked that their story wasn't all sunshine and flowers even after that - their relationship is something that they constantly have to work on, but the prize of being together is worth the effort. I haven't been in a long-term relationship yet, but I thought that sounded very realistic.

The whole God / mortal issue also reminded me of Lord of the Rings. When I was younger, I thought that it would be awesome to pair humans with elves, and questioned why it didn't happen more often. Now that I've read some stuff in fanfiction and in Wikipedia, I've begun to realize that each and every such romance is a tragedy, in a way... I wouldn't wish that fate on any elf. But I'm not here to discuss Lord of the Rings, so I'll leave it at that. :p

For me, this story even brought forth some philosophical questions about the meaning of life, the value of putting effort into something, the importance and role of love in the grand scheme of life, etcetera... DEFINITELY more than what I expected from a flipping Harry Potter / Harvest Moon crossover, of all things.

So yeah. I think I could almost write a dissertation about all the things that went on in this fic, but to put it shortly, this story was awesome. It was so bittersweet and full of life that it totally took me by surprise. I'm definitely going to read some of your other fics too.
My Solitude chapter 251 . 6/12/2014
Lovely story! xD
Harry1675 chapter 251 . 3/12/2014
:) that was plain beautiful and oh gosh it was amazing and when Harry came I was like what? Then it made sense. In a way. My favorite part is where the Harvest God and Tom are at the beach.
thebellowingpixie chapter 251 . 1/16/2014
This story made me so happy :))) Thanks for writing!
M chapter 19 . 1/12/2014
I love this chapter. Just the Nagini thing seems so heartfelt in a 'my affection isn't handed out to just anyone so when it is its really special' kind of way. The last paragraph made my heart feel happy, if you get what I mean.
InuFan21497 chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
This is one of the most adorable stories I've ever had the pleasure of reading.
Avid chapter 251 . 12/26/2013
Thank you so very much for this wonderful read; I enjoyed the drabbles and the epic they told in so few words. )

Please keep writing, your works (all of them) are gems of fiction I really enjoy reading and re-reading!
Io's Torment chapter 248 . 11/22/2013
I find it hard to review drabbles, even when the drabbles go for this long, so I'm just gonna say your Tom is hilarious and very Tom Riddle without being too Voldemort. And Harry is adorable. I enjoyed Tom's proposal. I think too much, down on one knee, flowers and chocolates and violins in the background romance would be weird for your To and Harry's already unconventional relationship. I mean; Harry started out as a god. Siriusly. (haha, :D sorry, couldn't resist)
Vein's Simply Tired chapter 248 . 11/22/2013
nyaah, thank you very much for making this!
A Brilliant Loser chapter 243 . 11/21/2013
Pfft, this is all sorts of cute. And I really like the format! Thank you for writing this and The Game!
Io's Torment chapter 243 . 11/18/2013
Haha well he's very honest.
Vein's Simply Tired chapter 243 . 11/18/2013
Cute xD

TickingMinds chapter 238 . 11/18/2013
Love this series. At first i was a bit weary with the large amount of chapters in this fic but was glad that i finally read them all. To all who are reading the reviews first to check the story out, it is simply brilliant, an original idea and the chapters are basically drabbles interlinked together. Love the fic!
Amazon Spirit chapter 238 . 11/16/2013
living in the moment fits this story a little to well seeming as your chapter updates are entirely too short only a moment long seriously make the chapters longer I've lost interest or better yet combine every 10 chapters into 1 that is a suitable length for a chapter.