Reviews for Snippets
DawnsWhimsy chapter 17 . 9/1/2013
So good. very defining.
tracyluvstwilight2010 chapter 14 . 6/30/2013
great forward to reading more.
DawnsWhimsy chapter 14 . 6/28/2013
Oh so deep and dark.
lellabeth chapter 13 . 6/27/2013
So beautiful. I don't want to use too many words for fear they'll taint the simple loveliness of yours, but this one is gorgeous.
lellabeth chapter 12 . 6/27/2013
It's egotistical I know, but in some of your entries I see Dear Bella so clearly. Not in the sense that you've borrowed the storyline obviously, but just that feeling of a lost love. I don't know how to explain it. It does mean that entries like this one are very close to my heart, though. I hope they can fix whatever stopped them before.
lellabeth chapter 11 . 6/27/2013
I remember judging this week, and you wrote such a lovely entry for it. I'll repeat my comments from then: 'Sharing something you’ve loved with a child is always special, and to see that they love it too must make it all the better. I can imagine many more days ahead for them, watching all the fairytales from her childhood in animated form and passing that same excitement onto her granddaughter.'
lellabeth chapter 10 . 6/27/2013
I hope they do love her, because I refuse to believe a love that pure and strong can ever be unrequited. Perhaps if they just took the courage to reach out, they'd find that the love is shared. Eek. Your writing makes me want to read more.
lellabeth chapter 9 . 6/27/2013
*sniff* There's something of a comfort usually, in knowing that characters who are to die have at least lived lives that are as full of love as theirs clearly was, but we always forget about those who have been left behind. Your writing is always thoughtful and touching, and I'm so grateful that you share it.
lellabeth chapter 8 . 6/27/2013
The sheer loneliness in this one is devastating. That feeling of being isolated even when surrounded by people is a sore one for me, and I fear even if she were outside she'd still feel blocked in. You have such a talent for writing strong emotions.
lellabeth chapter 7 . 6/27/2013
This is beautiful. Sad, and scary and a little heartbreaking, but overall it's beautiful.
lellabeth chapter 6 . 6/27/2013
The spell I was under when reading this is broken, too. I wonder why he left - because he saw no reason to stay, or because there were so many reasons to stay that he was too scared to? Ouch. Your writing is so lovely.
lellabeth chapter 5 . 6/27/2013
'It's just... the traces you left on my skin, on the remnants of my heart that remains in my chest, I can't seem to get rid of those. I can't erase them. Or you.' My goodness. The raw heartache here just guts me. It's the acceptance that life will never be the same - not a fear or an angry curse, but instead a resignation that cuts to the quick. I hope she can find someone who can compare, because as long as she pictures herself as missing a piece then life will always be lonely.
lellabeth chapter 4 . 6/27/2013
Ouch. I really hope she/he can find the strength to leave - sometimes we intend to, but when you've been so reliant on someone else for so long it can be difficult. I'm going to imagine the ending of this one is that they got away and stayed away.
lellabeth chapter 3 . 6/27/2013
This one is so relatable that it aches. There's something so heartbreaking about feeling you've been left behind and already sampled the best of what life has to offer, and you've captured it perfectly here.
lellabeth chapter 2 . 6/27/2013
My heaaart. This one hurts, but your writing is so subtle that the pain sneaks up on you, and you barely know it's there until suddenly it hits. I'm glad she/he chose to live, even for just one more day.