Reviews for Lighting Up the Dark
Googlemo chapter 18 . 3/15
And I think I will stop reading this fic. Its pretty decent one, and it would look good about 5-7years ago, now though?! Its totally second-rate in everything: plot, character development, twists, etc.
The things that pissed me off the most:
1)Nine Brained Fox - this is such a retarded notion it ain't even funny, couldn't you at least made him Nine Headed Fox ?! For fcks sake it would make at least A LITTLE bit of sense!
2)Too much canon - fanfics that follow canon so closely for a freaking 100k words are 9999 out 10000 - terrible piece of crap, yours is an exception though barely, cause thats what killed plot in this fic(following canon)
3)Genius Naruto - or to be precise how you pictured him, I guess you have no idea how real genius looks like not to mention how to picture him for others. Your Naruto is the same idiot from canon, only he knows "big words" and can play shogi, seriously THATS IT! All his engenius fight tactics wouldn't be out of question in original Naruto's hands! But this is a really hard challenge, I can only recommend you to read this fic s/12016978/1/Something-Wicked-This-Way-Comes
I think author there got genius personality spot on.

So this fic is decent, but not good enough for me to fav it or wait for more... so, Hope another work of this author gonna be much better.
RadicalE chapter 26 . 3/9
Year and a half later new chapters! Woo! I'll check back when I'm thirty to find out how the heck they took that fortress. Hoping for some developments on the naruto setting up Sakura with a date subplot that will of course go perfectly with no hitches. Other than some small fires, a sacrificed Hokage monument, and revelations about Itachi's "preferences." Best case scenario I presume.
Cheers!
astroneer chapter 26 . 3/1
is this fic dead? it would be such a shame. It is one of the best ones i ever read. Please do continue the story.
Fangirl chapter 7 . 1/20
Haku you savage, your gonna rape him arent you ;)
MonCappy chapter 15 . 1/11
The plot thickens. I really liked the conftontarion between Naruto and Hiashi. I think the whole thing being a test is hilarious. Good show.
Paneki chapter 15 . 12/31/2016
Rereading this series (for a second time, no less) and it just occurred to me that the tea was just tea, and Hiashi, reading Naruto as an open book (which is saying something given Byakugan speed reading), decided to enjoy himself and play into Naruto's fears. Besides there's no way he would legitimately try to kill Naruto knowing the nine-brains would be loosed.

Reading under this interpretation makes the interaction that much more enjoyable.

I really hope you return from your hiatus soon, as this is one of my very favorite fanfics (behind HPMoR) and one of my favorite series (behind Worm).
batrax chapter 26 . 12/28/2016
So, since it's been a year since the last update, I guess we can say that Lighting up the dark finally died? I hope you left it to do something else, instead of having a storm in the middle of your life like you implied about your last long hiatus, but man would it be nice to read some more of this story...
SorrynoAccount chapter 8 . 12/11/2016
Nice. This is a good fanfiction. I like the pacing, the realistic character development, and just generally the story. But... Nine-Brains? You explained the Kyubey thing, but what of the Nine-Brains title?
Astrolonim chapter 26 . 12/11/2016
If you want to keep your almost-a-year hiatus streak, you have to update in the next week or so! Good Luck!
THE TEN TAILED BLOOD TITAN chapter 1 . 12/8/2016
kyubii is the right spelling
ElysianEmperor chapter 4 . 11/24/2016
You do know hyugas can expel chakra from ANY point in their body, grappling them is a really bad idea.
Obsy chapter 15 . 11/19/2016
The Hiashi tea conversation is one of the more amusing exchanges that I've read. You truly have a gift for literary dialogue.
Jatok chapter 3 . 11/18/2016
I like this version if Hinata, though I still bery much dislike Sakura hitting Naruto. I'm eager to see where you take this
Jatok chapter 2 . 11/18/2016
I can see the incoming crack fic. Which is disappointing, but i realize not many other people's blood lust can rival my own
Jatok chapter 1 . 11/18/2016
I'm taking a break from HPMOR to read this. I know I'll enjoy!