Reviews for Lighting Up the Dark
Adamant39 chapter 26 . 2/10
Why is there no moooookore!
Don't do this to meeeee!
*grumbles petulantly*
Trickster79 chapter 26 . 1/18
Lol, Kakashi's training method is...wow. Just. Poor Sasuke...on another note, what happened to our bloodthirsty Gaara that only speaked to insnpire nightmares in his enemies? And what about Orochimaru being polite AND considerate?! And hell, even Kabuto was totally different! I have to say thought, this changes made my day, 'cause I was totally preparred to read a re-written version of cannon with little changes but wow, did this fic blew my mind. I loved all chapters and of course this Chunnin exams versions are amazing. I love how Naruto is more powerful than in cannon but at the same time he isn't god-like level of powerful (yet.) In the other hand, I also think the dynamics between Team 7 are the most sane/not-super dysfunctional I've ever read in fanfics. And let's not forget the building relationship between Hinata and Naruto, whose date and overall relationship, is one of the sweetest I've read 'till now? All in all, great work :D
d
Guest chapter 18 . 12/8/2017
I absolutely loved how you handeled Hiashi his scenes, how Hinata is growing and acting, how Naruto is different and stronger but not OP, how the rest of team 7 is different but subtly and gradualu changing, AMAZING how you handeled the chunin exam round you really had me convinced. And then this sasuke/ibiki conversation AWESOME and also so realistic from the village's perspective towards sasuke! Oh and that ino shika choiji scene was so funny, still wondering what exactly shika did... :D
mckertis chapter 2 . 11/13/2017
Kunoichi : one of nine ? Dafuck ? Tried googling it, moron ?
Guest chapter 18 . 11/1/2017
I normally don't comment until the end of a story but I really didn't want to forget but the was one of the most unique and one of the best Chunin exams I have read and it was only the beginning. Most authors uses the chin in exam to set the pace for each character in terms of where they are going. The way you started the exam was different from most of what I have read but so obvious in some ways because it needed to be done. I really liked that.
SilverStream1706 chapter 26 . 9/30/2017
This is the best depiction of smart Naruto that I've seen. The way you've depicted the ninja world and how it's been affected by the Brained Beasts instead of the Tailed Beasts : perfect. I especially liked your depiction of Gaara. Jiraiya is hilarious and Kakashi doesn't play favourites for once. Shikamaru's intelligence lives up to his full potential and Sakura gets over Sasuke. I can't wait for the Chunuin exam finals arc to come out and I was really happy to see that this fic isn't dead or abandoned. Keep up the good work!
Coyn1206 chapter 26 . 9/3/2017
The way you utterly abuse the shit out of the basic technics is amazing. I love your fic's versions of the characters. Your Shikamaru is utterly frightening. He isn't your run of mill I-can-predict-all-your-moves kind of genius that the narration only tells about but doesn't show (say, Urahara from Bleach). He feels real, and every single thing that came out of his mouth really hit me. Actually no, most of the important characters are pretty scary and even guys like Choji get to be far more strategic than in other Naruto fics, Shikamaru just seems to be an in-universe monster as well... and I just realized I ended up writing an entire paragraph about him. Moving on, this fic definitely has the HPMOR flavor of SO MUCH THINKING, not that I'm gonna complain because it's great. when I finished reading I had the same feeling of mental exhaustion and huge satisfaction, and the battles might have an even higher level of resourcefulness and people mind-fucking each other. Assuming you will continue (subtle nudge), I have no idea how you'll manage Shippuden(or something similar to it) with smart!S-rank ninja fighting each other. The sheer level of outplaying and outplaying-your-outplaying will have to be ridiculous. I very much enjoyed this, and learned quite a bit about looking underneath the underneath. I hope you will continue this masterpiece (holy Crap this is by far the longest review I've given anything).
Atheist god chapter 2 . 8/31/2017
I wish this was the first naruto fic I've read :)) because when I started I didn't know anything about Naruto and it was a bit hard to understand :D
Astrolonim chapter 26 . 8/8/2017
Hopefully you've just dropped off the face of the earth for 18 months to write all the rest of training and the finals in one chapter (as per what had better not become a tradition), because 26 chapters can only be read so many times, no matter how good they are.
JLawrence Kenny chapter 26 . 7/26/2017
I dream of updates. Your current hiatus is Less Wrong length :-P
FulmenFloga chapter 14 . 7/25/2017
Is that... A HPMOR reference I see? Or is General Chaos not referring to Harry Potter-Evans-Verres.
fernandfeather chapter 25 . 7/17/2017
I was really hoping Tenten would make it through. Oh well. Kabuto is an interesting character.
fernandfeather chapter 23 . 7/17/2017
Damn this was a good chapter. I loved Tenten, Sakura and Hinata.
fernandfeather chapter 22 . 7/17/2017
Your take on Orochimaru is fascinating.