Reviews for The Rosetree and the Nightingale
Hiiragizawa Ao'jiro chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
that was so sad... loved it very much. can really relate to it. it's a good thing you didn't copy the original word per word or i would have killed you. anyway, nice choice of plot. though you patterned it to a classic, this really did not capture the mood, to be honest - simply something to, well, read and re-read. no, not mad. but it was great reading it, made my eyes tearstung, but they didn't fall off. now that's angst. (tragedies are a different story)
h1na chapter 1 . 12/21/2004
This was great. I've read the story by Oscar Wilde and so I just had to read this. The characters fit well ).
shihuabee chapter 1 . 9/23/2003
cool... i'm in favor of old fairy tales and such too... who is the girl anyway?
Pseudonym Sylphmuse chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
You're right this story is fine the way it is. If only the young man knew of this nightingale and learn that nothing is ever futile for something is always absorbed or learned.
Rockin' Raven chapter 1 . 12/17/2002
Excellent story, so-so- sad!

If you noticed, my name happens to be Raven. My first guess would be moi, however I haven't been a member for very long. -_-;
Saaraneth chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
I think I kind of understand this...

Ummm, Raven must be a bird. A big black bird that likes to play tricks. !
varon chapter 1 . 8/30/2002
I get it... I think. _ Nice use of symbolism, and a good adaptation of Wilde's classic. *thumbs up*
BianHu chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
that was sweet! Write more, k?
Kasumi Izukawa chapter 1 . 8/26/2002
That made me cry...gosh...sorry if there are some spelling mistakes...my vision is kinda blurry right now...this is so sad...I love the way this is written as a type of fairytale/angst...poor nightingale...sacrificing her own life for the happiness of the man...pity that the man could not love the nightingale instead...
Moonlit Rain chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
*Sniff* That was sooooooooooo sad! It was beautiful as well! Great job!
what used to be meemee chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
wow. that was so moving. i was really really moved. i'm serious.
Hiroko Maruyama chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
I loved this fic! It also helps that this is one of my favorite stories of all time. I acted in a play for it when I was in 3rd grade! _ But, back to the story. I understand what's going on, but if I remember correctly, didn't the nightengale love the man? I'm probably wrong, but that's how I remember it. Bye bye!
Milkyway Lynx chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
This is a nice story. I've read the original so I get it.
Neko Sakura chapter 1 . 8/25/2002
That was beautiful, though I am wondering if you actually wrote most of the story (no offense or anything). Anyway I understood it...For a second I thought of the nightingale as the other Tomoyo. The one that was not blinded.
Chocolate Drop chapter 1 . 8/25/2002