Reviews for Accustomed By Degrees
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Wow. What a collab. Very inventive, very insightful. Loved that Kashyk was on the receiving end of an untested drug for a change ;) Had the wildest theories on KJ's secret for a while here but your resolution was more than I could have hoped for! J/C angst was delicious until the very end, but you know what got me about this story? that Kashyk was a telepath too! What an enjoyable turn of the situation. I enjoyed his inability to tell the difference between his fantasies and experiences A LOT. It was a great idea, so well-executed too.
LynnEGib chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
pretend, she has been doing that if I was him I couldn't
Somei Yoshino chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Really well done. You did a good job channeling the anger that we didn't see in Kashyk, but must have existed. I like to think that Janeway was less of a goody two-shoes when first working with Chakotay, so thank you.
PinkAngel17 chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Finally got a chance to read this one, and oh wow, that was dark and intense and so good! I don't think I've ever read a 'Counterpoint' storyline like that one before and it was definitely an interesting twist. I liked the different POVs as well and how we slowly found out what was going on with each different perspective. It was so well done!
Rascal207 chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Whoa! Mind blowing, you had me there on the very edge with this one. Dark, angst, plot I have not yet read, Janeway really did a number on Chakotay in this one. Bloody brilliant QS!
Mizvoy chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Very well written, although I was (and still am) a bit confused by the numbering of the parts (I'm thinking it is time markers in a 24 hour clock). It also took me a few paragraphs to figure out who the speaker was with each break; not a big problem, but I found I had to go back and restart (once the mystery was solved) to really "get" what was being said. Is there a reason for not letting the reader know who is speaking?

Otherwise, an interesting and dark A/U for Counterpart and ultimately the entire series. I personally don't find this KJ very much in character, but I think that's the point! Talk about a sad turn of events here. It is a miracle they managed to get home at all.

I enjoyed the story a lot! How about some more? Hmmmm? :D
Mary S chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
A very interesting take on the events of Counterpoint - and somehow, very Kathryn. I can see her doing something like this all too easily. As well as Chakotay - realizing he's the butt yet again and knowing he's going to have to simply swallow it and keep on going. It certainly explains events of later episodes, especially the whole Seven thing.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheshire6845 chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
"-but I felt this tiny thread of panic. You know the kind you get when you have no idea what's going on and nothing makes sense, but you know enough to know that what little you do know is a glaring sign that things are not good? "
Yeah, that kind of sums up this story for me. It feels so dangerous, the not knowing, but knowing it's going to be bad. So deliciously bad. Whatever "it" is. The build-up is just dark and juicy and so unbelievably enjoyable. Thank you so much for this!
badmelk chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
so intense. i like how you never show kathryn's thoughts yet its all about her. the different pov's really work well and expose her dark side. thanks for sharing :)
Alpha Flyer chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I don't often read Chakotay POV stories; very rarely does one find one in the first person. So this one is the rarest of gems in many ways.

The direct address worked very well in this intense, driven piece - it gave Chakotay the very urgency and angry edge that the writers of the series had pretty much deprived him of by Season 2. Very nicely conceptualized and executed - intense and intriguing.
NDBaby chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
So THAT'S what happened to J/C.