Reviews for Accipiter
Nicely done. Temeraire fanfic seems a cut above average.
good work i like it hope you update it one day!
CreepyReaper chapter 3 . 11/16/2014
A damn shame this story seems to be dead. Its wonderfully written and an incredible plot. Any information about any plans for the future, or even an outline of what was to happen if it is permanently discontinued?
JackFrost21 chapter 3 . 4/18/2014
This is a pretty good fic. I'd think Novik would be interested in this. Keep up the good work!
Guy who may like dragons chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
I would have given you a review on the first chapter, but I was all too eager to continue reading so here it comes.

Generally you are doing an amazing job, with credible characters, sufficient imagery and dialogue that isn't completely anachronistic among other things. At several points it really felt like reading a work by Naomi Novik.

I kinda like what you're doing with Calvin, as in making him somewhat more prejudiced due to his abduction. Although considering how this story started (early first chapter), I feel like he should be able to revert to his former more innocent and less prejudiced view of life quite easily, maybe with the help of Accipiter.

I really like Accipiter as well, and it's nice to see that he's most likely a rather intelligent dragon. This far I haven't analyzed him too much, but I think he might be somewhat similar to Temeraire personality-wise, just a thought. I really like that type of character, and there's probably nothing wrong with having them similar, but I guess this is somewhat of a heads-up.

I think you said that you wanted feedback in the first chapter (that makes us two), which is great, but with the current length of your chapters I will only remember the general feel of your chapter. The general feeling of your chapters are this far amazing, but due to their length I might not be able to find errors or areas of improvement, since I'll only remember how awesome your characters and plot is, and not those few awkward phrases I might have spotted.

Getting reviews on long chapters will probably give you a great notion of what feeling your readers leave your story with, but shorter chapters (maybe 4k words tops? I dunno really) might enable comments on details.

But, long chapters are fine and I'll remember what's important anyways (I hope at least). Although my comment about chapter length might not apply on this site, since plenty of people tend to leave one line reviews, but it's at least partly true on Fanfiction's sister site where people tend to leave more feedback.

Dammit, I've written too much about chapter length and not enough actual feedback... Something I might have found odd is that Calvin didn't talk very much about his current position when he was trapped with the egg, leading to Accipiter being somewhat incredulous to Calvin's fear. I'm not really sure if this oddity was negated by Calvin stating something, the Indian part of his problem was explained, but his fear of being eaten felt like something that a despairing person would bring up multiple times when speaking.

A final thought, it takes a certain kind of intelligence to realize your own limitations, so Calvin is still probably somewhat intelligent.

I really hope you'll finish this piece if it doesn't wrap up in the next chapter. :)
Ashley chapter 3 . 10/26/2013
This was amazing, will their be more?
Rashido chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
Thanks so much for writing this awesome story! I get that this is a small fandom, but still, nowhere near the recognition deserved on this story. Please continue writing, this is great!
Mivichi chapter 3 . 8/16/2013
I know that the gender views are correctly portrayed for the time period, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to give all the men displaying such views a good kick to the groin. XD

Boo, Calvin, now you have to work on your views about race *and* gender... definitely. This protaganist certainly has a whole lot of room for personal growth.

Calvin's reluctance to fight and increasingly inevitable involvement certainly increases the tension in the story.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/12/2013
I loved Benjamin Franklin's character in this chapter, and the logical way he explained his position to Calvin. I'm also fond of Accipiter being modeled after a Native American monster I read about once, and the fact that he came from a tribe I am descended from. This is a fun and interesting story that I hope you continue.
Tejab chapter 2 . 6/10/2013
I don't usually leave reviews on this site, but i'll make an exception this time, because great fics really need recognition, especially in small fandoms.
Thank you so much for putting the effort into this, so far it's very well written, Calvin seems like an interesting, if flawed character. I haven't made my mind about Accipiter yet, but i'll agree it's a great name.
I absolutely love the setting! I'm not american, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of surprising things for me. It does seem quite well researched, too.
Also, it was great to see Celeritas! I hope we'll find more of the temeraire canon characters.
Lastly, please,please don't give up on this fic. It is to awesome to waste.
Mivichi chapter 2 . 5/29/2013
So far, this story is quite wonderful. I find Calvin to be a likeable and believable character. Details ae handled nicely, and both the setting and your writing are enjoyable. I look forward to further chapters.
Emillia Gryphon chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Wow! This is such a wonderful expansion of the Temeraire universe! I love your descriptions as welll as your very realistic dialogue and spot-on historical accuracy! This story is one to follow, you did such a great job. Your writing is sophisticated and you really make the reader care a lot about the characters, plus you incorperate teh time period so elegantly. I will be sure to read more of this soon!