Reviews for The Unforeseen Variable
ddentler21 chapter 31 . 9/14
Damm shame to see the end of this; it's typically a rare treat to see an aged MoD Harry flexing on another dimension. I understand your meaning though, since the story definitely could've benefited from more depth for the characters. HP is terribly written on its own, but your capacity for world building could overcome it. I'll be checking out your rewrite but am definitely skeptical of your actual Atmoran Harald being able to remotely measure up to a centuries old post apocalyptic Harry Potter. The lore is fascinating in Skyrim to be sure, but it'll take an impressive intellect/cunning remarkable potential as Dragonborn to make similar splashes in Skyrim as was done in this story. Here's to hoping he'll be much more than a simple-minded Viking type. Oh and if you ever change your mind of a HP/Elder Scrolls crossover it would be very interesting to see Harald interacting more with the Daedra. Many authors on here end up applying shonen harem attributes to eons old beings and disgrace what they could have been; you're one of few who I think could do them justice in terms of dialogue and character exploration. Anyways, thanks for writing!
so harry is a jinchuuriki now?! ridiculous!
Yay a rewrite! I do like this story, but I also feel it kinda.. lost it's way sorta, took a weird turn. Still like it though.
karaku-chan chapter 32 . 6/19
Personally, I liked it as a crossover they way you have it written. With acknowledgement that Harald was Harry in the long past, but no more... However, I am curious to see the new story as it plays out. I have you on my author alerts so when you post it, I shall read.
Dzerx chapter 32 . 6/17
Have to admit I probably won't follow the rewrite as I preferred the crossover.
Suchtverhalten chapter 32 . 6/17
Can't say much, but I am curious.
1529 chapter 32 . 6/16
I am somewhat disappointed that this has been abandoned and that the 'replacement' will leave out the crossover elements.

I feel that the first fifteen chapters of this story were very good (not perfect, but very good)... it was mostly after that where I started seeing problems. The first was the dragon taking over Harry's body so completely (and let's not mention the deus ex machina of Harry losing all ties to the Hallows... that was definitely not the best plot element in this story), with Harry's history of horcrux and imperius that probably shouldn't have happened and definitely not have been that absolute (especially with another century plus of experience and simple existence).

I really enjoyed most of the interactions between Harry and Siva (although you seemed to change Siva's character significantly towards the end and that seemed to come out of nowhere) and overall just enjoyed your story.

Harry's character seemed to be a little fractured as the reader would see Harry's POV and that seemed to go back and forth fairly frequently (sometimes he would be a very good and nice individual and others he would be thinking only if what would directly benefit himself)... this was using and lessened my appreciation for the story. I really would have enjoyed reading a story where Harry was thrown into Skyrim and still stayed in character (righting wrongs, doing the right thing always, etc).

A final note on the crossover elements, I think Harry was able to continue to do his own kind of magic a little too easily (his ability to throw spells around like candy was a bit over the top, but if it had been more limited and combined more with the Canon TES then I think it would have worked great (this might be the first story I've seen to combine the universes this way).

Overall, the story was good and I wish you had continued it.

Thanks for writing.
brokenstrings001 chapter 12 . 6/16
See, boring dungeon crawl. No sense of adventure. Its like hacking against a wooden post.
brokenstrings001 chapter 11 . 6/16
Boring. Just plain standard dovahkin story. It may have borrowed Harry's name but he definitely lacks his personality and penchant for adventure or being a magnet for trouble.
Yes he encountered draugr but it is more like 'dungeon diving' than 'May you live in interesting times' kind of encounter. The fights are boring too, and usually just go like 'oh draugr' 'loot' 'stronger draugr' 'loot'.
The HP element is overshadowed with the Skyrim game theme.
brokenstrings001 chapter 5 . 6/15
The story is so dry. The characters are so monotone.
mckertis chapter 22 . 6/15
Oh godz, you're one of those retards. Answering ALL the inane comments in the main story space, instead of on a forum somewhere. Fuck you. Fuck. You.
major wallace chapter 32 . 6/15
nice work
brokenstrings001 chapter 1 . 6/15
Well that is depressing. He must be thicker than the earth's crust to not notice Luna's feelings.
OneTwoThreeReactors chapter 32 . 6/14
I Would love to see a Re-Write Man!
love the fic can't wait to see what you come up with.
There are too few hp/elderscrolls fics in this vein.