Reviews for If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
smomyy chapter 4 . 7/24
Hii, so yesterday i was reading an edited version of "Rayuela" which included a pretty big introduction written by some guy, who said something like (please excuse my atempt at translating) "what great novelists try to do is to enclose the ocean into a tiny sand hole", and i swear to god THE FIRST PERSON THAT CAME TO MIND WAS YOU. so i guess i couldn't contain myself and i needed to tell you this, and which better place to say it than on a review of (in my opinion) the best thing you have ever written. (im gonna ramble a bit now im so sorry).
the authour continued to say that the tiny sand hole is the novel, obviously, so by definition it will always be impossible to shove all the ocean down the hole, meaning that you will never be able to show the "vital experience" or "world" you wish to convey in its total state. But it got me thinking, and i came to the conclusion that its not necessary a bad thing. you can glimpse the tiny portion of the ocean in that tiny hole, but you KNOW, you actually know that that litttle body of water came from an ocean.
I guess that what i mean to say, is that your writing (at least al the SE fanfic i have read throughout the years) means so much to me, because you have kind of mastered the ability of limiting those tiny glimpses just enough so that the reader goes hungry for more you know, like you actually make me think of scenes or situations WITHIN YOUR FICS (like fanfiction of fanfiction lol).
And i don't think it has anything to do with the fact that, in fanfiction, you always know there is an "ocean of cannon" behind it, like the author and the reader already have a background to rely on. Because you do rely on cannon (duh), but you somehow make it your own.
I don't know if you remember, but last week (i think?) I sent you an anon (did i say that right?) freakin out about the quantum entaglement fic, in which i said that i do not know how are you able to write a scene about Maka and Soul kissing, which is a scene i have read a trizillion times, and still make something new about it, and i guess i now have my answer.
fairydustrose chapter 4 . 7/2
This story was BEYOND incredible! This is my first real fanficton that I've read because I saw it suggested on Tumblr and MAN! They were so right to suggest such a masterpiece. I loved every moment and the way you wrote with a sort of poetry to your regular sentences was astounding. I plan on reading more of your stories in the future... or even right now! Soul and Maka have always been a couple I wish had been more delved into and this story had quite the illustration for their build-up of trust amongst such a deep rooted fear and need for survival, but also a build up of learning to love and know what being human is like. I just... am so happy with this! I will definitely be reading this again and maybe even sending you some fanart because I feel this story deserves some!
So I'm rereading IOTWCS for like the umpteenth time and I really have to say how mind blowing well written this is. And I sincerely mean this. I recently read a novel and it was so ... shallow? and predictable? and it was published?! While I can't help but read your story again and STILL feel the suspense. Even when I feel myself preparing for Granny, Wes or Harver, I still find myself feeling startled and heartbroken. Idk, what my original point was except GJ, A, you are an amazing author and I hope you know that.
fairydustrose chapter 1 . 6/16
I LOVED this! I have GOT to read more because MAN this is impressive! And I get some pretty intense SoMa feels so... haha
talyy chapter 2 . 6/13
This reminds me a lot of the hunger games because Maka is the hardcore girl who knows how to climb and move through trees, is called The Little Sparrow and is a weapon for the the Resistance. Im not sayings It lacks creativity or anything, cause It definately does not, It just reminds me of the hunger games. This story is awesome man 3
talyy chapter 1 . 6/13
Holy shit, this is great.
iguessso12 chapter 4 . 6/9
Wow. Just wow. This was really good. I must admit, I'm pretty late to the SE fanfic scene, but I am glad I found your story! Thanks for sharing your story and talent ;)
Ndmsjsd chapter 4 . 6/1
THAT WAS AMAZING I LOVE THIS SO MCU
werepirechick chapter 4 . 5/26
Wow.
This is just... wow.
This fiction is pure genius, poetry really. Definitely my new favourite apocolypse story.
Please take my gratitude for creating this master piece, you amazing wonderful person.
werepirechick chapter 2 . 5/25
was that a homestuck reference i caught there? hmm?
(good to see the fandom would survive the apocolypse)
Magical Poof chapter 4 . 3/29
Ohhh my god! This was incredible! I love the world you've imagined and the characters were all perfectly portrayed! The story was so gripping I literally couldn't stop until I finished. I aboslutely loved this. Thank you so much for writing it!
Racke chapter 4 . 3/18
This is beautiful, and wonderful, and I think I'm in love with every single moment of it. The characters, the world, the plot, the way everything clashes and meshes up together in such an amazing way, I just love it all.

Thank you, from the absolute bottom of my heart, for a most perfectly wonderful read.
Fairytale Love and Chocolate chapter 4 . 2/21
I loved everything about it, from the character development and their depictions, to the plot, to the way this story was written. Your style is mesmerizing and amazing, and I'm so glad I spent the last two days devouring your story. It was so interesting how you made this zombie apocalypse a story about love and survival, friendship and tragedy! The story reminds me a lot of 'This Is Not A Test' by Courtney Summers, and Maka's voice reminds me of Sloane's voice.

Anyhow, this is one of my favourite fanfictions, and one of the best pieces of work I've read in a very long time. Honestly, this could be a published novel(la)! I can't wait to read more of your Soul Eater work, and thank you for this incredible story; it was amazing and beautiful and *other*.
firefenix12 chapter 4 . 1/24
This was amazing.
TartKiwiFruit chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
Wowowow omg this was incredible. There are tears in my eyes just from how good the writing was, let alone the plot and emotions and characterization. I normally can't stand AUs, but this was just such a work of art I couldn't put my phone down. Amazing.