Reviews for If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Magical Poof chapter 4 . 3/29
Ohhh my god! This was incredible! I love the world you've imagined and the characters were all perfectly portrayed! The story was so gripping I literally couldn't stop until I finished. I aboslutely loved this. Thank you so much for writing it!
Racke chapter 4 . 3/18
This is beautiful, and wonderful, and I think I'm in love with every single moment of it. The characters, the world, the plot, the way everything clashes and meshes up together in such an amazing way, I just love it all.

Thank you, from the absolute bottom of my heart, for a most perfectly wonderful read.
Fairytale Love and Chocolate chapter 4 . 2/21
I loved everything about it, from the character development and their depictions, to the plot, to the way this story was written. Your style is mesmerizing and amazing, and I'm so glad I spent the last two days devouring your story. It was so interesting how you made this zombie apocalypse a story about love and survival, friendship and tragedy! The story reminds me a lot of 'This Is Not A Test' by Courtney Summers, and Maka's voice reminds me of Sloane's voice.

Anyhow, this is one of my favourite fanfictions, and one of the best pieces of work I've read in a very long time. Honestly, this could be a published novel(la)! I can't wait to read more of your Soul Eater work, and thank you for this incredible story; it was amazing and beautiful and *other*.
firefenix12 chapter 4 . 1/24
This was amazing.
TartKiwiFruit chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
Wowowow omg this was incredible. There are tears in my eyes just from how good the writing was, let alone the plot and emotions and characterization. I normally can't stand AUs, but this was just such a work of art I couldn't put my phone down. Amazing.
emoeses chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
So incredibly well written! I loved every word of it, to say you did a great job is a gross understatement. I honestly don't know why I love zombie AUs so much, but yours is one of the best I've ever read without any doubt.
I particularly adored Soul, he was written very differently from what I'm used to, and I enjoyed it so, so much. I'm definitely gonna check out more of your work, because your writing is spectacular.
Thank you so much for this story!
hokshi chapter 4 . 11/25/2014
I'll cry. this was a fantastic story. It took me a while to finish because I only read on the bus and before bed and stuff and tbh I'm not as find of zombie stories, despite how much I love chases and action scenes. it was really your writing style that did it. if you didn't write like you did, I might not have kept my interest to continue reading. and the romance is 164902873x amplified with the simple I love you's when you put so much humor and outrageously organized thought into such a story. I loved it, forreal.
molotovmullet chapter 4 . 11/22/2014
Can I just say how much I absolutely loved this
It's the most amazing thing ever
you are amazing
RobinaRain chapter 1 . 11/18/2014
So...there's something special in Maka. Got it. Can I take a few guesses at what it is? I think she's the answer for the cure to this 'zombie' thing.

Think about it. Soul was sick for days on end with little to no improvement. Then Maka gets hurt, she has her own blood all over her. Maybe when Soul half-turned, he actually got some in his mouth, or in his wound, or maybe just breathing the same air it was exposed to, cured him.

Theory stated.
A reader chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
So I have tried to read this story before but did not finish it for reasons I don't remember. So I'm rereading it now, and I've fallen in love with it all over again. Your writing is superb; dialogue is divine. Ugh, I can go on forever. Your control over language leaves me making unintelligible noises of admiration. " 'I took Mountain Dew as my mistress.'" Or Soul preferring punctuation marks over trolls. And just plain the dialogue and interaction between Soul and Maka. Your characterization is spot on. And if you do tweek a character's personality, you somehow make the change seamless, as if that character has always been that way (and that extends to your other works as well). I am always in awe of your skill and creativity.
khaleesimaka chapter 4 . 10/13/2014
This fic was beautiful! It destroyed me in the best way possible, and I teared up near the end! Really wonderfully written, and I loved every second of it! Great job, Marsh!
AceOfBlueSpades chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
I just wanted to say that I think this story is one of the best I have ever read. I'm not exaggerating or anything. Ever since I read this almost a year ago, I fell in love with it. I have been unable to find ANY Zombie Apocalypse AU that is on the same level as this.
The plot is well thought out and developed. The emotions are conveyed superbly, using just the right amount of words to show the confusion, conflict, terror, and panic that they're all feeling. I love how you tied in their bizarre appearances and gave them a reason for them (for example most people would just say that Soul is an albino and not dwell on the subject, but you took that and made it to your story's advantage and gave Maka another reason to worry over Soul).
There are many things I could talk about that I like about this, but I don't have the words to describe them. I've reread this story over 5 times and I even saved it to my phone so that I can go back and read it when I don't have internet access. I just wanted to say that I loved this story so much and I've finally found the words to tell you. Thank you so much for this wonderful work!
kittenintheden chapter 4 . 9/30/2014
This completely destroyed me in the best possible way. MY EMOTIONS. Thank you for writing it.
HuntressXHunter chapter 4 . 9/20/2014
This story moved me bro
Rachel chapter 4 . 9/7/2014
I've just read this entire delightful, elegant, heart-wrenching fic all in one go, and I feel like I need to buy you a hallmark card or something because I loved every last detail of your writing and am so, so glad I found this story! I only recently got in Soul Eater (re: two days ago), and this fic was exactly what I needed after binge watching the show. I'm so taken with your spin on zombies, and the way you fit the characters into your universe was so natural that it almost feels like that's where they belong instead of in a world of meisters and weapons! Basically I just cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this. Maka's pickle habit kept making me laugh while I was trying to get into the darkness of the fic, but for some reason that made me enjoy it even more. I guess even during the apocalypse people will go on loving pickles.

This review is already getting kinda long but I can't not mention how enamored I am with Soul and Maka's relationship and how their dynamic shifted and ahhhh everything was amazing and the ending was perfect and you're killing me here

I will definitely be heading over to your profile to see if you have any more SE! Thank you so much for writing this lovely lovely fic!