Reviews for If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Silly Twin Stars chapter 4 . 10/31/2016
I'm so glad I finally finished this story. I really do love and admire your writing so much. On top of all the super cool plot points & little nods to SE, you do such an amazing job of bringing back little things, like sparrows and piano man and "speaking" and "the reaper is late," (I hope those quotation marks show up in my review lol) and they all give me these little bursts of magic when I read and it makes everything so much more fleshed out and beautiful. It's something I really want to bring into my own writing. Also, oddly, this story really makes me want to go to Vegas, so if I do go, I'll have to ask you about what to do on the Strip - I'm sure you know it better than anyone at this point :P

Thank you for this story. I'll be here to read whatever else you write 8)
Guest chapter 4 . 7/26/2016
This had me ugly sobbing and rejoicing all in a matter of a chapter
ally.todaro chapter 4 . 7/25/2016
I loved this. Is there a way to read any more of this on any other type of site that had a layout similar to this? I don't like the layout for archive of our own and I was wondering. If not thats perfectly fine, but I flipping loved this. This is my favourite story sof far, and I have followed you to get notified of any stories you do in the future. I know this is rambling, but I love this haha
sahdah chapter 4 . 5/18/2016
Omg, I cannot type coherently. This was so incredible.
sahdah chapter 3 . 5/17/2016
Things I liked about this chapter, freaking Soul being an electrical genius. Either you're a tech geek by day or you do great research. I loved reading how he rigged up the UPS. And wrote his piano program. All the SoMa interaction. You killed me with Wes and Harvey, how dare you. Beautifully written!
sahdah chapter 2 . 5/17/2016
Wow what a chapter! Btw, I just love authors who get Black Star so right!
sahdah chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Omfg. No wonder you won. This is brilliant. One of many favorite lines: "Speaking. You can't kill me."

So much happened so fast at the end, can you explain the location of her wound? Sounded like her back but close to her breast. I'm going to re-read but it happened so fast.
sam chapter 2 . 2/23/2016
it took me about a year and a half to get round to reading this, first because i wanted to save it for the right time and then because i was scared i'd hyped it up so much in my head that it'd be underwhelming.

It far, far surpassed any expectations i had.

i could write pages of continuous commentary on how much love this writing and the characterization within it and how incredibly beautiful and REAL it is but feel there's nothing i could say that would do it justice better than just reading the damn thing, seriously.

thank you s much for writing this, marsh. it is so f*cking wonderful. i look forward to your future writings with elated anticipation.

(incidentally i am currently reading this time round whilst listening to William Basinski's 'Disintegration Loops' this time round and i've found it suitably otherworldly and surreal considering the context. highly recommended for anyone moderately interested with ambient/experimental musical leanings.

again, thank you marsh. your writing is so, so wonderful, and i find it hard to express in words just how much it touches to me.
FaeofLight chapter 4 . 1/3/2016
This story was amazing to read. Your writing is fantastic and sucked me right in. Absolutely amazing.
Sigy Artyn chapter 4 . 11/29/2015
Hi!

I really enjoyed this, even though it was a little creepy cause I'm afraid of zombies and all but still fascinated by them, if you get what I mean? This was really well done, very descriptive, I like how they both were needed for the cure

Thank you for writing!
WaxnWane chapter 4 . 11/19/2015
I had to walk away from this chapter a few times to keep from bawling. My throat is still a bit tight even with the happy ending... Ugh! The feels. (﹏)
WaxnWane chapter 3 . 11/19/2015
Yep. I'm crying...
blue-espeon chapter 4 . 10/28/2015
Good gravy this was fantastic (and perfect to read right before Halloween)! Your writing is glorious; it truly sucks you in and makes you want to keep reading more. The characters and their relationships with one another were excellently portrayed, and the story never felt stale despite the fact that zombie apocalypse stories have been done to death (no pun intended).
Devektra chapter 4 . 10/19/2015
Thank you very much for sharing this piece, is all I have to say.
Ren.Lan chapter 4 . 10/17/2015
Well, I can only add to the flurry of voices praising this work, cause it's great. Thanks for all the time you spend in creating this stuff. I at least, and I'm sure everyone else, appreciates the effort. Well written, like everything else from you, etc. etc. Publish-worthy quality.